Harvey Nash Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harvey Nash Group Interview Questions

Updated 25 Jun 2018

2.5

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a really dissatisfying experience. One interviewer kept checking their e-mail on their laptop while talking to me and rarely made eye contact. At the end of his interview they informed me that the other interviewer was busy and that  it would be a 90 minute wait to speak to them.

The second interviewer met with me for an hour but I doubt I had their attention for more than 30 seconds of that time. They continuously checked theirphone and played on it while speaking to me.

I never heard back from them on whether I got the job or not which is incredibly disrespectful. I took a day off of work and complied with their poor etiquette and even worse scheduling and they could not even send a simple "Thank you but we are not interested." e-mail.

It was a very unprofessional experience. If someone makes time for you, make time for them as well, or at the least, put your phone down for an hour!

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about being screamed at and physically threatened because you found a poor quality candidate client?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very nice. I got to meet the entire team and even the CEO! The best part was that they even supplied some of their marketing materials so I had a great sense of what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in staffing? What do you do to get new business? How do you stay successful?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group in June 2018.

Interview

I was actually interviewed by Harvey Nash for a position with one of their customers. The experience was great. Garrett was my contact with HN and he made sure that I had everything I needed throughout the entire process. He answered all my questions, contacted me before and after each of my interviews, and really was my advocate.

After Garrett reached out to me on LinkedIn and we had a brief introductory call he contacted his customer and got me scheduled to speak with the Hiring Manager the same day. I interviewed onsite the same week and had an offer within 7 days. I asked for a lunch with the rest of my would be team and Garrett and the Hiring Manager made it happen the next day. All around amazing experience. I've already sent them multiple referrals.

Interview Questions

• My interview with HN was brief but informative. We focused on my desire to be a Recruiter that works hand in hand with HR.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

You meet with several Sr. members of the team and they ask what motivates and what has got you interested in the recruiting field. Everyone is very kind and continues to dive into your background and what you might be looking for in recruiting.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Geneva (Switzerland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviewes , the first at phone and the second on skype, the third test is a logic test, easy but you need to be fast thinker to pass it. Before sending your cv to some possible employer they need to test you, they are an head hunting society, I think they can be very helpfull, and the continue to follow you also if you don't have the job.

Intern Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward CV interview process. Most important emphasis was on what my expectations were and what I wanted to get out of the internship. Followed by a presentation on a given question 'Present about Harvey Nash Group' and of course, Q&A. Also, had a few one-to-one interviews with team leaders and directors

Interview Questions

• Your CV says you're in Consulting Society. Do you just join to make it look good?   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (London, England) in May 2011.

Interview

Initial communications with company were via a rec to rec agency. Received feedback from rec agency that they were reviewing CV. Then told I had an interview date and time. Harvey Nash sent details through via rec agency. They gave me details of format of interview, scenarios etc. Organisation seemed very precise and detailed. Expected more people at interview as it involved 1:1 interview, group discussion and questions.

Met Director of Talent on arrival to interview. Very welcoming and put me at ease. Asked questions to all candidates and presided in small talk. Reception were also friendly, I noticed how they engaged with clients who were waiting to be seen. At first interview, there were two people present. Director of Talent and a manager. Very friendly but formal. Seemed to have researched candidates as they had our CV's. Also listened and took notes throughout interview process.

From discussions and questions the company held itself out as young, dynamic and hardworking. Also innovative and very interested in technology. Made it clear job was a sales role, and targets were expected to be hit. Gave good initial feedback on role plays, particularly cold calling and CV presentation. Also very informative about second stage interview.

Unfortunately the second interview was poorly managed and prepared. Was meant to see two people but one person turned up, and then said second couldn't see me. First - told they were in a meeting, then told the second couldn't see me as there was a potential conflict. Very weak as the conflict was minimal - knowledge of someone in my social circle. Also my rec to rec agent and myself were not informed of this beforehand, and basis of second interview was that first interviewer was to ask me questions etc and form his view, and then second interviewer would do same.

Interviewer didn't have knowledge of my CV, and abrasive in attitude. OK to ask reservations but did not give chance for me to express my strengths. Also closed his interview without giving me the chance to ask questions. Had to cajole next stage of process from him as I was been shown the door.

Interview Questions

• How much were you earning in your jobs over the last three years?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

Request for a phone interview - One Recruiter emailed me directly, another one had given me a call. Despite being interested in the role, neither recruiter had come back to me, even though I sent a chasing email.

Harvey Nash Group Response

15 Jan 2018 – Head of Talent

Hi, Many thanks for giving us some feedback. I would be really keen to have a catch up around your experience. Please feel free to give me a call directly so that we can address what happened... More

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Leeds, England) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with one of their owned companies first of all who were really nice, really engaging and a very exciting business who liked me and I liked them so was invited to a 2nd round with a couple of senior players within the core Harvey Nash business.

Considering I already work in recruitment, their interview techniques were childish and naive. They did that thing where they sit for the first few minutes playing on their phones and writing whatever and don't pay you any attention... its a technique to see whether you have the balls to speak up and move the meeting along, I however knew instantly from this what type of company they were - they are the type to try catch you out and will constantly try drag you down - somehow they think this generates revenue.

Anyway, they did a really stupid role play test. Where they pretended to be a candidate who was turning down my job because they had another job paying 5k more "in the city". I did a bloody good job on this considering that was the only background I had on someone I had apparently known for weeks... however because I didnt think to say, well you will be spending that 5k on travel to work so won't make any difference - they said I didnt know recruitment. First of all who spends 5k on travel? A season ticket from outer london is around 3k at most - furthermore, I thought of much better reasons as to why this imaginary candidate shouldnt move to the other company - proven by the interviewers backing down during the role play, but still they were adamant that I was wrong for missing the 5k travel issue which was one thing I did miss, but I came up with a lot of other concerns for a candidate which they dismissed, again totally showing the company they are by having no interest in my arguments for career progression or family life for my candidate.

Anyway I am now a successful recruiter and was offered 6 jobs from other companies - their loss.

Interview Questions

• the role play, gave you no time to prepare, and in their head they had an idea of the 'imaginary candidate' but you only get a 10 second background on the person - impossible. Dont they know recruitment is about building relationships?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Birmingham, England) in September 2013.

Interview

1st stage informal interview, then second stage interview where i met the team and directors, everyone was very welcoming and gave honest overviews of the role and made accountability very clear

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.