Haymarket Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Haymarket Media Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Haymarket Media Group

2.5

Medical Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group.

Interview

The interview was in a series of 2 weeks virtually. After that, they completed stopped responding completely. I reached out afterward several times with no reply after asking when my availability was.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

They called me in and I met with 3 people however, I was told the person who is in charge and would make the ultimate decision wasn't there that day so I wouldn't be able to meet her. The first woman I spoke with kept talking over me. The second woman I spoke with seemed annoyed that I didn't have a medical background, even though the listing said you didn't need one. They keep you waiting for months until you email them and they let you know that you did not get the job. The human resources woman was really nice and one of the only redeeming parts about the place.

Web Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a week. I went straight into meeting with the staff. It took them months to follow up after the interview, and no response even though I was given an estimated time. Very rude and inconsiderate of applicants. I would not recommend anyone to go through the process of applying and waiting months on end for no response. Save time and apply elsewhere

Interview Questions

Haymarket Media Group Response

25 Jul 2018 – Haymarket Media Group

Thanks for your review. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We understand that your time is valuable, this is not regular practice and Haymarket tries to give feedback and a courteous response when a candidate goes through the later rounds of interviewing. Best of luck to you in your job search.

Mid-senior Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group in June 2018.

Interview

Everything went swimmingly until the end of the process. Everyone was so nice throughout. There were two long interviews. I was told the job had been narrowed down to two candidates, myself and one other person. Some of the people I met alluded to the fact that if it was up to them, they would choose me. Then I heard nothing. I waited two weeks and reached out to HR and they NEVER REPLIED. I couldn't believe that this nice company that I had really thought I was going to work for couldn't even send a courtesy email. I get courtesy rejection emails from companies that don't even interview me.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There was a phone interview, which was very straight-forward. They mostly asked about previous roles and experience. Then they brought me in for two in-person interviews with two different groups of people. Again, the questions were very straight-forward and primarily covered prior experience. They also asked for my input on their current projects, but it was very casual and more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a few things they were working on and asked if I had any suggestions but otherwise they mostly asked experience questions.   Answer Question

Haymarket Media Group Response

14 Feb 2018 – Executive Assistant/Communications Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide Haymarket with this useful feedback. We continuously strive to attract and retain top talent in our industry.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people! I first talked to the editorial director, and then two of the assistant editors. The questions were pretty standard questions that you would expect from an editorial interview. They emailed me back pretty quickly with a response, both to offer me an interview and to turn me down.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you come across things you don't know while reading a report?   Answer Question

Web Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group.

Interview

It was very informal, approximately 15 minutes and was overall a pleasant experience. No hard questions at all. I thought perhaps I had lost the interview round because the interview process was so quick but I did get the job in the end.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

A phone interview, followed by an in-person interview in the NY office. Both interviews were conducted with a member of the editorial team. Most of the interview questions focused on writing/editorial experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group.

Interview

Phone in interview, about some basics and mvc.
    In person interview with team lead and couple of seniors. Went in depth with filter and other options in MVC. Garbage collection etc on .NET

Then met with director, again garbage collection and some other topics.

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional interviewers who seemed uninterested and unprepared for interview. Asked few substantial questions and appeared uninterested in their own work, let alone in the candidates they were seeing. Overall, I was not left with a favorable impression of the company based simply on the demeanor of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.