Hays Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hays Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.5

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays in September 2015.

Interview

it was really easy process. its almost like they are begging to have people work for them. Then you start working there, you realise why they need people so badly. never seen such high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult problem you've successfully solved?   Answer Question

Hays Response

27 Aug 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your 2017 review of your 2015 interview. Hays has over 250 offices in 33 countries, so unfortunately one is unable to speak to turnover, as each country and office has their own... More

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 steps of interviews: 1st face to face short interview; introduction and behavioral questions
    2nd assessment center: was in a conference room and there were in total 11 of us 3rd Skype interview with hiring managers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Walked in through job forum, had a short conversation with their director and got an interview very soon. The third stage was the 3 hrs assessment center, challenging but rewarding. Consisted of role-playing and behavior exercises. They are all very nice and it was a great experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays (Columbus, OH (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

There are 4 stages for the interviews,

1st stage - phone interview, just talked about yourself and what makes you interested with the company.

2nd stage - phone call/face-to-face with the manager; talked about the process of recruitment and your goals.

3rd stage: assessment - there are 4 exercises on this stage

4th stage: talked with the manager from the location that you asked for.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

31 Jan 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience, albeit difficult. We currently have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, DC, Denver, Houston, New York, Orlando, Raleigh... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had 3 interviews at the Boston Career Forum 2018.
    Walked into an information session, spoke with a very tall man named Mike.
    Very friendly, handed him my resume and was asked to come back for a second interview.
    The second interview was about 15 minutes long, more like a chat than an interview per se. Was then asked if I was interested in attending the Assessment Center. It was held with 10 other people and was 3 hours long. It was long and difficult but so informative, and my interviewer had some great advice to give everyone. Everybody working at the booth was extremely friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What was a big challenge you had to face in life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

Attended the Boston Career Forum.
    First interview was rather casual, it took place at the Hays booth within Hynes Convention Center. Upon the end of the interview, I received approval to attend the assessment centre.
    The assessment centre is a group assessment, my peers and I were put on the spot to give impromptu sales presentations, role-plays of a headhunting call, or a talent pitch. After the assessment centre, I received a conditional offer, which would later be followed up by meeting with team directors and the actual contract.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider as your weakness?
      Are you interested in sales?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Initial phone interview for 30 minutes
    2. Hays Assessment - be ready to role play as a recruiter; defend and argue statement, be convincing. Analyze and compare resumes in team, pitch a candidate to client, business development call, and finally headhunting call.

Interview Questions

• Business development call to a client whose employee you successfully headhunted just a week ago.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

It took me three weeks to have interviews with both the senior trainer and the team manager. As I was not in my home country, both interviews were on the phone. Had great chats with both interviewers. They are really looking for someone who is passionate about the recruitment industry. Also, the team manager is looking for some market knowledge of your selected specialism.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how do Boolean Search for a particular positions in HSBC?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

First one telephone interview, then a face-to-face interview, then a assessment round.
    Telephone interview was very straightforward, questions about motivation to join the company and enter the industry. Face-to-face interview had more in-depth questions about personality and experience. How experience relates to the job. The assessment round consisted of three rounds: defence/denounce a statement within 1 minute; group candidate review; get assignment for practice phone call.

Interview Questions

• What was the ranking of the Japan office among all the Hays offices in the work? (Give an estimation)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online.
    4 stages process from telephone interview to face to face interview to assessment day to final competency interview.
    Assessment day very challenging but rewarding too makes you see if you would really like being in recruitment

Interview Questions

• Sales is a dirty word? Agree or disagree?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.