Hays Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hays Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview,
assessment centre style interview (Included various tasks such as assessing CVs, role play cold calling)
 and then final stage is a one on one interview with team leaders or managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hays (City of London, England).

Interview

Phone interview and one-to-one went well. However the assessment centre was very disappointing. The director who assisted in the interview was extremely self-absorbed and made it very clear who he was interested in; this was highly unprofessional and inappropriate. The flagship harped on about ethnic diversity, yet their offices were dominated by white people, so it was everything but diverse. We then got told that we had to email Hays confirming whether we were right for the job, which is backward because it is down to the company, not the candidate. Overall a very aloof and backward experience.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

29 May 2018

Thank you for your review of our interview process. I'm sorry that it didn't meet the high standards that we expect and most of our applicants receive.

I'm disappointed that you didn't feel that... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a 4 stage process

Generic competency based phone interview. Asks you what you know about the company. What are you motivations? Why recruitment? Why hays?

Then invited for an open day. This involved a presentation of the company. Then 3 tasks. Presenting yourself to the group, why hays and an interesting fact about yourself. Next was working in groups to interview managing directors about a position. After this, you then had to sell yourself in front of the group as to why you'd make a good recruitment consultant

If successful, you'd be invited to the assessment centre. This involved an email prep that was set 24 hrs before hand with CVs, a company profile and a job advert. You also had to prepare a presentation about yourself. This presentation had to be about you in a few years time as an established recruiter selling yourself to a prospective client. Next was a role play of a business development call. After, involved writing your own job advert. This was followed by a role play of selling candidates to a client from a job agency.

The next and final stage was an interview with what could be the managing director to your speciality. This was based about your CV. All about you. My issue here was my pure nervousness. You have to show your confidence, resilience and passion here.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hays (London, England).

Interview

The process took 2 days. Initial telephone interview then a final stage interview with a manager and the director. Telephone interview involved standard questions such as why recruitment, why sales, what do you think the day involves etc.

The final interview lasted about an hour and a half. Started off with standard questions regarding the CV etc. I would recommend really studying what the job involves you doing, as there were a few situational questions that were asked to see what you would do if you were actually in the role. Be prepared to do a role play where you have to sell a candidate to a client. This was really tough as the scenario really applies pressure to you (as the scenario changes through the role play frequently) and tests your resilience. You will really feel backed into a corner but you need to demonstrate that you are strong and you won't give up!

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

formal then informal, in depth discussion regarding my own skills, experience and how I believe it fits the job description. Interviewer made me feel very at ease, described their progression and how they had climbed the career ladder in the company and how it was very achievable for me to do the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

4 stage interview in a span of 2 weeks. Waste of time and I hope the board reads this message. I had a high amount of sales experience and high prep for the interview. I ended up being the only female left out of 5 for this position. I defiantly knew I had a high potential of getting the job. I actually really wanted this job because I have a lot to offer and wanted to grow my career in Hays. Hays CLAIMS they hire a DIVERSITY of candidates from all backgrounds and HIRE on " POTENTIAL". I was definitely told by the directors in my final interview that I had all the right skills for this role because of my experience and willing to stay with Hays long term. They EMAILED me back in a long essay I was not successful because I did not show enough commitment which I did, and answered repeated questions on how much I wanted to work there. They discriminated me on my inability to finish my degree because I was almost homeless, and got back to me saying that " I could not commit to school". I really hope everyone in the company views this because 1. not going on hiring by company values 2. discrimination 3. email candidates they were unsuccessful after prepping for hours and the money it cost for me to go 4 times and could not ask me more questions. I really think that applies to a lot of people who do 4-5 stage interviews, why waste someones time if you had them go all the way to the end.

Anonymous Employee in Edgware, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Edgware, England).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was good, very extensive though. Did a telephone interview, then was invited to an open day, then an assessment centre and finally an interview. Each stage got harder as it got on, so being well prepared is very important. They tell you what to expect before each stage, do all you have to do is know your knowledge before going.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.