Health Services Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Health Services Laboratory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

I applied online and the day I applied, I received an interview invite for the next week. To prepare I would say make sure you google the department eg. mine was cellular pathology and make sure you know about all the basics of working in a medical lab. They want you to do well so they will help you understand and answer the questions. i haven't received a reply yet but should by the end of the week

Interview Questions
  • what liquid is the tissue samples transported in/ what sort of tissue or organ samples are transported to the histology lab ?
    Answer Question
  • what do you use to fix sample on slide
  • example of control systems in place in lab
  • what is COSHH and why is it put in place
  • what are do you understand about the role from the job description
  • you have a sample to log and the phone rings and the senior biomedical scientist calls you as they need help what are you doing?
  • an example of a time you implemented your ideas at work, during education or in your personal life.
  • what would you bring to the company ?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

I applied online and received an interview invite within a week of applying. The interview was held the next Tuesday. So it took 3 weeks to do the interview from applying. It was via Microsoft teams with the lab manager and site manager. I received the offer for the job the day after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • A) Describe the roles and responsibilities within your current employment? If you are not currently employed, use your previous employment. B) What skills and qualities do you have that would be beneficial to this role?

Health Services Laboratory

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory

Interview

10 minute interview with 2 interviewees. Asked questions about my experience, relevant skills and about data protection. Was a pretty casual atmosphere and short interview. Heard back within a week for a job offer.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory (London, England) in Aug 2019

Interview

Began with basic interview questions related to the job - are you flexible to work weekends and afternoon, are you prepared to handle urine, blood and faecal samples (which is expected due to the nature of the job) followed by questions that will test if you are prepared to work as an MLA - I will give examples below. Basically they will ask you standard, generic interview questions followed by character questions. From the other reviews for this company, I think it was very helpful looking at the processes of gram staining, ELISA assays and H and E staining as these are the 3 most basic tests carried out across 3 departments. Also I reccommend people do thier research on the company as always. Also, know your basic COSHH, SOP's, proper waste removal and risk assesmets. While not all of this was covered it is good to have a foundation for lab interviews. The interviewers I had were very friendly and I could tell they wanted me to succeed as they even helped me with a difficult question. Overall, I was not as nervous for this interview compared to past interviews. I am still waiting on an answer so please ignore the "did you get an offer" bit.

Interview Questions
  • This job requires you to be flexible. Give an example where you were flexible in your job?
  • This job requires you to reach targets. Give an example where you had to reach certain targets?
  • What is good laboratory practice?
  • What is teamwork to you?
  • What is an SOP?
  • What is the importance of SOP?
  • Name 5 types of Lab hazards
  • What daily problems do you face in your current job? And how do you tackle them?
  • What do you understand is confidentiality?
  • What do you understand happens if you breach confidentiality?
  • If you recieve an unlabelled sample and a doctor calls up to say the specimen is his patient's and he wants you to send it back to him, what would you do?
  • If a doctor call the reception about why a sample is taking so long what would you do?
  • In your current job (as a customer services colleague) describe how you would handle a customer complaint?
  • From the job description what do you understand about the role?
  • what is team work to you?
  • give an example of when you worked as part of a team?
  • what do you understand about the company?
9 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory (London, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. Two interviewees Training Manager and Lead Manager. No challenging questions. General interview questions. Weakness and strengths, where do you see yourself in 5 years and so on

Interview Questions
  • General interview questions. Tell us about your self ? How would you deal with chemical spill? How you deal with patients confidentiality? If you have a problem with supervisors who do you reach out to?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory (London, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

The interview had three parts: -test : find spelling mistakes - teamwork: build marshmallow tower with team members - in person interview with two team leaders I went there for the recruitment day and besides the official testing mentioned above, we had tour around the labs with briefly explained duties and responsibilities of a Medical laboratory assistant.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a bit about yourself
  • How do you deal with stress at work (example of a stressful situation)
  • How many candies are in a jar? - explain how you would calculate it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory (London, England) in Sep 2018

Interview

Asked to come in for an interview, which was held by the head of the department and another senior pathologist. I have been to a couple of MLA job interviews and this was by the far worst. Both interviewers were so cold and did not ask me any questions about why i wanted the job or why i would be a good employee. They asked me a lot of technical questions... things I've learned in the first year of university. So naturally took a while to jog my memory. It was basically like a science quiz.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory (London, England) in Sep 2018

Interview

Asked to come in for an interview, which was held by the head of department and another senior pathologist. They asked a lot of questions about my degree and dissertation, and specific immunology questions. Didn't ask anything regarding why I wanted the job or why I thought I would be a good employee.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Health Services Laboratory

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory in Nov 2017

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, questions referred to your work experience from your CV. Pretty much wanted a better understanding how you could corroborate the experience gained to the role you’re applying for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Health Services Laboratory

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Services Laboratory in Feb 2017

Interview

The management are very nice and relaxing, so no need to stress within the process as they understand it is nerve wrecking. You would be put into the staff room before getting interviewed by the Seniors. So you have time to look back at your interview preparations and take time to relax.

Interview Questions
  • How do you dispose Hazardous material appropriately?
  • What do you when a colleague is finding it difficult?
  • When an instrument or equipment is down, what do you do?
1 person found this interview helpful