Heatherwick Studio Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Heatherwick Studio Interview Questions

Interviews at Heatherwick Studio

Architectural Assistant Part II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio.

Interview

Took one hour with two architects. I went through my entire portfolio and presented my work followed by some extremely specific questions about rendering. Was not asked why I was interested in the studio or my interests in architecture or my favourite project. It seemed to be more based on a specific skill they were looking for, not a designer position.
    They took over 3 weeks to respond back to me with an answer and very generic feedback. It seemed that the architects interviewing me had not looked at my portfolio.

Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Reached out to the HR. Got invited in. The interview was done by 2 head Architects. Really dull people who didn't seem interested from the beginning. The interview starts by asking about your background and then going through your portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Took them around 2 months to response my application. Then they will send you an email requesting for a Phone interview. It takes around 35 mins.
    2. 30 mins on site interview with HR
    3. 30 mins on site interview with two senior designers/architect

Interview Questions

• why do you want to apply to heatherwick? Please list out 3 reasons.   1 Answer

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by HR late one afternoon for a phone interview early the next morning. I cleared my schedule but HR never got in touch, so I sent them an email asking if we should reschedule. We rescheduled to three days later.

After a quick phone interview I was asked to come in to the office for an in-person interview with two HR reps and two senior architects. Even though I was asked to be at the office 15min before the set time I had to wait 40+ min after the set time for the interview process to start.

No pardons were given when the interviews finally started. I first met with only one HR rep (I was never told where the other, more senior rep, was or why she didn't join ) and was asked very standard and basic HR questions. Later I met with two senior architects. For this part of the interview I was asked to prepare a short presentation of two-three of my projects. I was told that there would be a computer and screens available -- but there were none (luckily I had my printed portfolio with me).

Quite frankly my impression of the studio's personnel was not top notch. The whole thing felt very unprofessional.

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

fast and short, people were well dressed and healthy looking. everything seemed okay. Hiring and interview process was good. didn't get what i wanted. Heatherwick studio is nice. and i am being forced here to write damn 30 words.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio (London, England) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a creative recruitment agency. They sent over my CV and I heard back within a couple of days. I met with two of the project managers. They said upfront they weren't experienced in interviewing and came across as unprepared. Questions weren't very on topic and they said flat out that there was no room to grow in this position.

Part II Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio (London, England) in May 2011.

Interview

Heatherwick advertised that they were hiring for the position on their website. They request hardcopies of portfolios to be sent by mail. It took about four weeks to hear back from them, but they sent an email saying that they would like to set up an interview, and included a few possible dates. We eventually agreed on a date that would work for both parties and I came into the office by King's Cross to interview.
    We sat at a table in the middle of the office and I spoke with two architects who had worked with Heatherwick for about 6 years. The office is great- lots of full scale models of their projects, nice natural light. The interviewers were very nice and answered all of my questions. We went through my portfolio and I explained why I wanted to work there, what I knew about the studio's work, and what I could offer them.
    I did not end up getting an offer, but it was a great experience over all. I'm sure they hired extremely qualified and talented designers.

Interview Questions

• They went through each project in my portfolio, and had specific questions about what they saw- initial ideas, design process, software used.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.