Heatherwick Studio Part II Architectural Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Heatherwick Studio Part II Architectural Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Heatherwick Studio

Architectural Assistant Part II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio.

Interview

Took one hour with two architects. I went through my entire portfolio and presented my work followed by some extremely specific questions about rendering. Was not asked why I was interested in the studio or my interests in architecture or my favourite project. It seemed to be more based on a specific skill they were looking for, not a designer position.
They took over 3 weeks to respond back to me with an answer and very generic feedback. It seemed that the architects interviewing me had not looked at my portfolio.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Heatherwick Studio

Part II Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heatherwick Studio (London, England) in May 2011.

Interview

Heatherwick advertised that they were hiring for the position on their website. They request hardcopies of portfolios to be sent by mail. It took about four weeks to hear back from them, but they sent an email saying that they would like to set up an interview, and included a few possible dates. We eventually agreed on a date that would work for both parties and I came into the office by King's Cross to interview.
    We sat at a table in the middle of the office and I spoke with two architects who had worked with Heatherwick for about 6 years. The office is great- lots of full scale models of their projects, nice natural light. The interviewers were very nice and answered all of my questions. We went through my portfolio and I explained why I wanted to work there, what I knew about the studio's work, and what I could offer them.
    I did not end up getting an offer, but it was a great experience over all. I'm sure they hired extremely qualified and talented designers.

Interview Questions

• They went through each project in my portfolio, and had specific questions about what they saw- initial ideas, design process, software used.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.