Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions

Interviews at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs in November 2018.

Interview

I applied Nov 2018 through an agency. Process took about 3 weeks.
    Started with a call. I spoke to one of the engineers about the structure of the team and my experiences. It was really short I felt like I was trying to keep the conversation going.
    Later they send me a very easy coding challenge followed by life coding session with some Scala/functional programming questions. It required knowledge of OOP and Scala specific constructs like Case classes and Pattern Matching. All very basic. Interviewers were nice and patient. Overall the experience was very pleasant. I can say that shortly after that series of recruiting process changes slightly. Still sending similar coding task but there is no live coding session but technical questions are much harder and require higher understatement of Scala world.

Intern Interview

Interview

it was much like the standard fastream interview process. i would look up information on that for more details. for the telephone interview, they are just trying to help you. so don''t be concerned if they interupt and ask for a more specific answer. if you can give it to them, you'll actually do really well.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

it was done by telephone. what types of machinery is used. what programs were used. what kind of tools needed to get the job done. wonderful attitude to have. time worked there the proper attire.

Assistant Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Kilbride, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (East Kilbride, Scotland).

Interview

Very basic maths and literacy test. I then provided my proof of identity and passport photo. Then I was talk to a room for interview. A panel of 2 interviewers and it lasted about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone phoned and said they were running out of phone credit?   Answer Question

Estates Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England).

Interview

Not too difficult. Interview is based on your CV and competencies submitted as part of application process. You will be asked to talk through your CV and give a satisfactory demonstration of the competencies required.

Officer Interview

Interview

Long time ago. Based on competencies mainly and box ticking rather than actually getting an understanding of whether the person can do the job. As long as you included all the right buzz words and we're properly prepped, you could pass.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Online application which involved answering questions based on scenarios played through videos. Then led to a face-to-face interview with two member students of staff where I was asked 3 competency based questions.

Tax Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Birmingham, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Was made unwelcome throughout the whole interview, I do not even know why I was called if they would meet me with such an attitude. I tried to answer their questions as much in detail as I could but all I could see was the boredom on their faces, they would rather have been anywhere else then on an interview, hence I tried to keep by subsequent answers as straight to the point as I could but even then they seemed not engaged.

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

difficult but people made it easy to engage and made me feel really welcome I wouldn't be too worried about this process but it's understandable.. nerves can get the better of you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation   1 Answer

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England).

Interview

You are told how the interview will proceed by HMRC via email. With they key competencies that you should investigate and give examples of. The interview contained typical interview style questions. You are also given a scenario for which you must explain what you would do.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.