Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions

Interviews at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs in November 2018.

Interview

I applied Nov 2018 through an agency. Process took about 3 weeks.
    Started with a call. I spoke to one of the engineers about the structure of the team and my experiences. It was really short I felt like I was trying to keep the conversation going.
    Later they send me a very easy coding challenge followed by life coding session with some Scala/functional programming questions. It required knowledge of OOP and Scala specific constructs like Case classes and Pattern Matching. All very basic. Interviewers were nice and patient. Overall the experience was very pleasant. I can say that shortly after that series of recruiting process changes slightly. Still sending similar coding task but there is no live coding session but technical questions are much harder and require higher understatement of Scala world.

Intern Interview

Interview

it was much like the standard fastream interview process. i would look up information on that for more details. for the telephone interview, they are just trying to help you. so don''t be concerned if they interupt and ask for a more specific answer. if you can give it to them, you'll actually do really well.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

it was done by telephone. what types of machinery is used. what programs were used. what kind of tools needed to get the job done. wonderful attitude to have. time worked there the proper attire.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

I applied online after finding the job application on Gov website. I then got invited to complete tests. After completing tests & scoring highly enough I was invited to an interview online.

Associate Interview

Interview

Generally positive with a tendency to ask strengths based interview questions. Friendly interviewers for the most part. Highlights were a short Maths test at the start of the process.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Washington, North East England, England) in February 2021.

Interview

Cv
    Online tests.
    Submit competency.
    Video interview with three competency based questions, three minutes for each situation.
    During video interview there is no one at the other end to prompt or encourage.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you’ve influenced someone’s decision   1 Answer

Prison Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feltham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Feltham, England) in February 2021.

Interview

Applied online via a job board. Recieved an email. Had to download an app with various modules and games that will determined my personality. Recieved yet another email stating that my personality and choices fit the criteria. Then had to join a zoom call which required to go complete many assessments, maths English, roleplays and fitness.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that will make you a good prison officer   1 Answer

Customs Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

Success profile interview process. Panel asked various behavioural and strength based questions. There were two panel members and asked me questions on four competencies like decision making, quality service, communicating and influencing

Tax Professional Interview

Interview

Video interview online. Questions were about previous work experience only, very difficult to apply to study. Interview was pre-recorded and at least easy to use, probably good for those with little computer knowledge

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Following personal statement review and recorded video of strengths an interview with people took place. First task was to describe a data analysis project.
    3 more questions were to give examples of competencies.
    Interview was done online with a 3 person panel

Interview Questions

• Give an example how you make sure that you reach deadlines?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.