Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions

Updated 22 May 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

it was much like the standard fastream interview process. i would look up information on that for more details. for the telephone interview, they are just trying to help you. so don''t be concerned if they interupt and ask for a more specific answer. if you can give it to them, you'll actually do really well.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

it was done by telephone. what types of machinery is used. what programs were used. what kind of tools needed to get the job done. wonderful attitude to have. time worked there the proper attire.

Compliance Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Nottingham, England).

Interview

Very long waiting time for the reply or feedback from the recruitment team. Application started in early March and still no reply in late May...
    I have attended my interview slot with 3 other candidates and I think the recruitment period ( interviews) meant to take 4 weeks. I have notice 5 slots per day which makes :
    4people x5slots per day=20 people interviewed per day
    5x5=25 slots per week /25x 4 weeks=100 slots
    100 slots x 4 people =400 candidates!
    The advert was for 60 people...which means that 340 will be put on the reserve list or their application will be unsucessful!

Interview Questions

• 3 competency questions :
      Effective decisions making
      Partnering and collaborating
      Leadership and communication

They can get slightly changed but the main point stays the same.
      Using star method essential.
      I have purchased the book „Competency based interviews” which helped me to get ready with my examples.
      An interview in itself easy and relaxed. Cant say much more as I havent heard anything yet...not even feedback.   Answer Question

Higher Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2018.

Interview

Send online application. Sit 3 online tests - numerical reasoning, linguistic reasoning and civil service judgement test. If you score highly enough you are invited to interview. Interview was 2 people reading out civil service competencies for a given area of expertise then asking for a scenario to cover points made.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you worked in a multidisciplinary team and what was successful about it.   Answer Question

Compliance Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Manchester, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Focused on the civil service competencies only. 40 minutes interview with 2 staff members.

Making an effective
    Communication and Leading
    Collaborating and partnering

Staff members put you at ease. Pleasant experience.

Front Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2018.

Interview

Had to sit 3 online tests. Numerical, verbal and judgement. Also give one exmaple detailing HMRC competencies. Recieved invite to interview 2 weeks after closing date. Interview was a long drawn out process had to arrive 40mins early, sit and wait for 20mins then taken to another room with other candidates who arrived. There were 6 different panels interviewing, got documents etc checked then taken through for interview. Was asked nothing about myself previous history or any personal information, Only 4 competency based questions. Interviewed of 2 ladies who I would not be working with. They could not give any info out about the job as it was newly created positions. Lasted around 40mins. Waiting to hear the outcome......very long drawn out process....be prepared for a wait. Should hear the end of May

Interview Questions

• Cant remember word for word but dealing with an under performing employee   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

The interview process was very rushed, as I felt the interviewer was busy. I was interviewed by a Higher Officer who then turned out to be my manager along with an independent of lower grade. The experience was positive, I felt it was fair and competitive, as I felt listened to and my answers as long as in line competency framework were credited.

Interview Questions

• It was a basic competency based interview, no specific questions just asked to give examples of CS competencies   1 Answer

Tax Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Newcastle, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Friendly, welcoming and informal. Two people on the panel who gave a list of scenarios asking how you would react. Talked about time management ask for examples of how you use your time. Asked about punctuality and attendence.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you have overcome communication difficulties.   Answer Question

Tax Advisor Interview

Interview

Was quite straight forward, was asked to provide examples of the competencies listed in the job description. My advice would be to look at the job description on the gov.uk website and prepare examples of each competency listed.

Tax Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

Online Assessments split into Numerical, Logical Reasoning and Situational. Failed at situational on the same tests I have passed at other companies, tests are very role specific. Online test levels are fairly easy for the opening salary they offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.