Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

it was much like the standard fastream interview process. i would look up information on that for more details. for the telephone interview, they are just trying to help you. so don''t be concerned if they interupt and ask for a more specific answer. if you can give it to them, you'll actually do really well.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

it was done by telephone. what types of machinery is used. what programs were used. what kind of tools needed to get the job done. wonderful attitude to have. time worked there the proper attire.

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Long, deep and interesting. They gave me a complex task and limited time. I enjoyed the challenge and did well, and they talked through the operational analysis work opportunities.
    Unfortunately, even though I joined as a senior OR analyst, I was placed into a really dull post where my managers didn't even know what OR was. Absolute fiasco.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of competences, and the task. I have been asked not to discuss the task.   1 Answer

Administrative Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs in September 2016.

Interview

Application was fairly easy to complete. The first step was completing 2 online tests and if these are passed, you are invited to fill out an application. Had to give examples of how I met 2 of the core competencies. Interview was also fairly easy with questions asked regarding the competencies in the application.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on important emails and your manager asked you to switch to answering the phone, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Newcastle upon Tyne, England).

Interview

Situation based interview with 2 interviewers. One sets the scene the other asks the question. The questions are based around designated competencies that you are made aware of in advance

Interview Questions

• you are doing something and the boss asks you to do something else what do you do...... Not quite the competency based questions expected but ho hum....practice helps.   3 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Cardiff, Wales).

Interview

Applied through Civil service jobs and received an invitation to first interview two months later.
    Before the interview, I was asked to fill in a "confirmation of character" form that was attached to the email.The form was to confirm that I haven't been declared bankrupt or convicted/charged with any crimes.The email also told me what to bring to the interview:basic ID docs like birth cert,a photo id and a utility/bank letter from within the last 3 month as proof of my address.

Although I was asked for competences while applying I wasn't asked a single question about them but scenario questions that were connected to the competency.They basically have a checklist that they tick off if you haven't given full enough answers they will ask follow-up questions to try and get more info

I was told that it could take a month for the interviews to be analysed and any job offers to come so although I have not been offered a job at time of writing could still get offer in future

Interview Questions

• They asked about what work I was doing now-unemployed btw and then asked what my previous job was and who it was with.

You are working on the phones and a customer asks for information you do not know.What do you do?

You are working on high priority emails when you line manager asks you to move onto the phones due to the high volume of calls coming in.What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bathgate, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Bathgate, Scotland) in March 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview ever. They only seem to want to check that you're not quite as thick as a plank. It's obvious they'll take almost anyone because the staff turnover is so high.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you gave good customer service?   Answer Question

Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Cardiff, Wales) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview lasted 20 minutes and asked basic questions about what you would do if you were in a certain situation in a work environment, then followed by asking for an example of when you have displayed this competency.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Preston, North West England, England) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, once the application was completed I was given a simple test to complete. This in addition to my competencies put me through to the Interview stage. The test is a simple multiple choice test which asks you to rate the most appropriate and inappropriate actions to take with a few simple maths questions. You can use a calculator, so if you want to go for it.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain how you meet said competency? All the initial questions happened to be this. They ask some follow-up questions related to the competency and your answer to find out if all the good behaviours they are after are met.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bathgate, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Bathgate, Scotland) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had some problems because it required competencies with little instruction on what they actually were, once applied heard back within a few days and asked to attend interview, interviewer was nice the questions were exactly the same as what was on the online application

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.