Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 Mar 2019

2.9

Sort:

Intern Interview

Interview

it was much like the standard fastream interview process. i would look up information on that for more details. for the telephone interview, they are just trying to help you. so don''t be concerned if they interupt and ask for a more specific answer. if you can give it to them, you'll actually do really well.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

it was done by telephone. what types of machinery is used. what programs were used. what kind of tools needed to get the job done. wonderful attitude to have. time worked there the proper attire.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I had a panel of two interviewers. The explained the explained the role and the duties. Talked about their work culture and did a run through of my CV , asking about the different tasks I had done before.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain the different tasks I had performed in my previous role.   Answer Question

Strategic Planning Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

Interview started with some brief experience questions then I had to do a scenario based presentation, then lots of competency based - overall the whole process last about an hour.

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Long, deep and interesting. They gave me a complex task and limited time. I enjoyed the challenge and did well, and they talked through the operational analysis work opportunities.
    Unfortunately, even though I joined as a senior OR analyst, I was placed into a really dull post where my managers didn't even know what OR was. Absolute fiasco.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of competences, and the task. I have been asked not to discuss the task.   1 Answer

Administrative Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs in September 2016.

Interview

Application was fairly easy to complete. The first step was completing 2 online tests and if these are passed, you are invited to fill out an application. Had to give examples of how I met 2 of the core competencies. Interview was also fairly easy with questions asked regarding the competencies in the application.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on important emails and your manager asked you to switch to answering the phone, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Newcastle upon Tyne, England).

Interview

Situation based interview with 2 interviewers. One sets the scene the other asks the question. The questions are based around designated competencies that you are made aware of in advance

Interview Questions

• you are doing something and the boss asks you to do something else what do you do...... Not quite the competency based questions expected but ho hum....practice helps.   3 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Cardiff, Wales).

Interview

Applied through Civil service jobs and received an invitation to first interview two months later.
    Before the interview, I was asked to fill in a "confirmation of character" form that was attached to the email.The form was to confirm that I haven't been declared bankrupt or convicted/charged with any crimes.The email also told me what to bring to the interview:basic ID docs like birth cert,a photo id and a utility/bank letter from within the last 3 month as proof of my address.

Although I was asked for competences while applying I wasn't asked a single question about them but scenario questions that were connected to the competency.They basically have a checklist that they tick off if you haven't given full enough answers they will ask follow-up questions to try and get more info

I was told that it could take a month for the interviews to be analysed and any job offers to come so although I have not been offered a job at time of writing could still get offer in future

Interview Questions

• They asked about what work I was doing now-unemployed btw and then asked what my previous job was and who it was with.

You are working on the phones and a customer asks for information you do not know.What do you do?

You are working on high priority emails when you line manager asks you to move onto the phones due to the high volume of calls coming in.What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bathgate, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Bathgate, Scotland) in March 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview ever. They only seem to want to check that you're not quite as thick as a plank. It's obvious they'll take almost anyone because the staff turnover is so high.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you gave good customer service?   Answer Question

Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Cardiff, Wales) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview lasted 20 minutes and asked basic questions about what you would do if you were in a certain situation in a work environment, then followed by asking for an example of when you have displayed this competency.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.