Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions in London, UK

Interviews at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

3.1

Estates Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England).

Interview

Not too difficult. Interview is based on your CV and competencies submitted as part of application process. You will be asked to talk through your CV and give a satisfactory demonstration of the competencies required.

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

difficult but people made it easy to engage and made me feel really welcome I wouldn't be too worried about this process but it's understandable.. nerves can get the better of you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation   1 Answer

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England).

Interview

You are told how the interview will proceed by HMRC via email. With they key competencies that you should investigate and give examples of. The interview contained typical interview style questions. You are also given a scenario for which you must explain what you would do.

Head of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England).

Interview

Kept me waiting over 20 minutes for my interview. Really cold panel and none of them smiled. They made it really obvious they weren't impressed by my responses which was off putting. Really didn't feel like an inviting place to work.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I had a panel of two interviewers. The explained the explained the role and the duties. Talked about their work culture and did a run through of my CV , asking about the different tasks I had done before.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain the different tasks I had performed in my previous role.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Croydon, England) in January 2019.

Tell me your self
    Competency based questions-star method
    Strength based situational questions

Interview Questions

• You have to do the online test and when you pass they will call you for interview
      Tell me your self
      Competency based questions-star method
      Strength based situational questions   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your self   Answer Question

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England).

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers and short exercise. General competency based questions followed by a timed document review job to correct grammar and spelling errors. There is nothing more to be said in fairness. I'm just trying to make the word count and so, will continue writing nonsense to fill this up. I don't know how many words I am to write but here goes.

Compliance Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Pleasant experience, everyone was very friendly. First your documents are checked and then you go for the interview with 2 staff members. Those interviewing were very nice, really make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Started by asking me about why I applied for the role, followed by a question on each of the 3 competencies - making effective decisions, leading and communicating, collaborating and partnering.
      Prepare examples and make sure you answer the specific question they ask
      Forced to enter no offer - I have not head back yet   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Croydon, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Very freindly and easy interview. It may have not been easy for everyone but the attitudes of the two managers interviewing certainly made me feel at ease. Interview was at HMRC headquarters in Croydon. Actual interview took around 15mins. 30mins to check paperwork elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• If a senior officer asks you to do something you know is wrong, what do you do?   1 Answer

Tax Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Online tests, online interview (set questions), assessment centre. I made it to the online interview but was not invited to the assessment centre. I was given a number of weeks to complete the interview online (in one sitting). There was also a document sent to prepare for the interview which provided some tips.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.