Herbert Smith Freehills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Herbert Smith Freehills Interview Questions

Interviews at Herbert Smith Freehills

3.1

HR Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through the company website and heard back within a week. From here there was a phone screening and I was asked to come into the office for an interview. At the end of the interview I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week / early next week. After about two weeks and no word, I reached out and was told the process was delayed and that I would hear about next steps by the end of the month. Two months later, still have not heard anything and have accepted another offer. Very unprofessional to not communicate about the process and leave candidates hanging.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to get into HR?
      2) How do you handle stress?
      3)What are three traits you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2014.

Interview

I am an experienced hire from an in-house position, didn't have any big law job before. Introduced by a recruiter and interviewed with 3 partners (3 rounds of interviews and 1 round writing test). The interview arrangement was smooth and efficient, and the interviewers are very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave in-house position and go to a law firm. People normally go on an opposite track...   1 Answer

Interview

Multiple choice questions and then interview with management. The multiple choice these was computer based and was like an LSAT type test, the interview was verbal, with a panel. Interview questions focused on personal background, qualifications, education and also explained requirements for the role.

Solicitor NQ (Disputes) Interview

Interview

The interview process was very long and they were slow to get back to you. After an initial CV check, I was invited for a technical assessment which involved a disclosure exercise, then a competency interview. After that there was a final stage interview.

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

Earlier this year in March I did a Zoom interview for Herbert Smith Freehills. The interview was perhaps as you would expect and entailed the usual talking points of previous experiences in a situation based setting. Although i found the interview to be difficult, I also found it to be really engaging and very much enjoyed the process as well as the general vibe between myself and the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a situation when you had to make a hard choice.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

Assessment day. 3 stages: competency, motivation and partner interview. Everybody very friendly and accommodating. On the whole the process took about half a day. I recieved an offer by telephone the same evening.

Matter Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills.

Interview

Two stages - one stage with team manager and member of the team
    The second was an online vid con with lead. Pretty straight forward questions. Good to do background reading.

Summer Clerk Interview

Interview

Typical rounds, cover letter + application followed by a first round chat. Did not progress through. 1-on-1 with a partner, questions are standard - no surprises they are there to hear what they want to hear.

Vacation Scheme Interview

Interview

Video Interview. Following the application process was contacted by the grad recruitment team. Online interview, with a video format. Timed with questions and you had to record an answer within the time frame.

Clerkship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Partner one on one interview followed by cocktail event networking with partner and other lawyers. Partner asked general questions about CV and cover letter. Very relaxed interview; nothing technical.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.