Hermes Investment Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hermes Investment Management

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hermes Investment Management in December 2014.

Interview

This is a company that aggressively tests people at interview. The interview process at this company is not about finding out each other. The interviewer used a threatening behaviour and comment.

"You are putting yourself at an unfavourable position by choosing to interview over the phone. We have had so many good applicants."

Which interview who wants to find out about the interviewee use these expressions? The expression says just this; "we are in charge here. You are just one of millions of candidates. You do not matter to us."

This is the point at which I thought the company as a whole must be somewhat messed up where no good ideas come from below and senior employees are allowed to talk down on junior ones. Typical small firm with no proper corporate governance? This comes as a surprise as the AUM suggests this is not a big firm and should be spending a considerable time and effort attracting best talents to grow (with so little money to spare, paying below the market wage).

I was left extremely upset by the behaviour of the telephone interviewer and the HR personnel who was present but decided not to step in. That also confirms my view that they do not put an emphasis on building a relationship despite the fact that they work on the buy-side!

At the end of the call, there was not a hint of "thanks for your time." Even just as a formality, the interviewer is supposed to say that, no?

Interview Questions

• Not difficult - just doesn't seem to get what the interview is.   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hermes Investment Management (London, England) in November 2011.

Interview

Process was reasonably well organised. Following initial screening by HR (who were lovely), I met with two senior staff. One was noticeably better at interviewing and asked challenging questions. The other did not, but both offered opportunities to ask questions and were personable. Following offer, there was a somewhat disorganised background check process done by a third party provider.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about the corporate structure? (It's complicated so worth looking up the history)   Answer Question

Interview

Very poor. As the first reviewer pointed out, some of the interviewers came across quite arrogant, and post-interview feedback was simply unprofessional. Very drawn out process and inbetween just a deafening silence. Final round interviewer clearly hadn't read my CV. Despite how long they made me wait, once they decided to make an offer, expected an immediate answer on the spot, putting me under pressure to accept the role without adequate time to consider or complete other interviews I had already scheduled. I was blinded by the brand name of the team in the industry and accepted the role despite my misgivings as to what it might be like to work there if the hiring process was anything to go by. When I joined the company, my worst fears were realised - the hiring process accurately reflected the culture problems within the team and the disregard with which they treated interviewees corresponded to management attitudes that staff should be grateful to work there, and that eveybody is replaceable - leading to an exceptionally high staff turnover. Also, there were significant discrepancies between how the role was pitched to me and what it turned out to be in reality - this seems to have happened to a number of people, so I would advise anybody interviewing there to be weary of this. Lastly, should you be offered a role there, you will be asked to take a highly invasive psychometrict test in which you will be asked about your relationship with your family etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions to test your understanding of what they did etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.