Hertfordshire County Council Social Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hertfordshire County Council Social Worker Interview Questions

Interviews at Hertfordshire County Council

2.5

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hertford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertfordshire County Council (Hertford, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Online applications only, must answer the points on person spec each in turn giving a paragraph or so. Candidates who pass this stage are invited for interview. Some interviews have a short test which is easy, the interview panel consisted of 3 people with a list of perhaps 9 or 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around competency, skills, knowledge and problem solving. For instance, what do you do in your current job? What is confidentiality? What would you do if.... Couple of different scenarios given   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hertfordshire County Council

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hertfordshire County Council (Stevenage, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Case study and left in a room to complete, this was current and appropriate to the role I was applying for. It was helpful to meet with HR and know about terms etc of the job and what things I could have, such as a lease car. Then the interview panel was two social work managers, who asked appropriate questions regarding my experience and skills and asked for previous case examples.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an occasion where you have gone above and beyond for a service user   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very prompt, my manager kept me up to date regularly and even though I may not answer her calls due to being at my existing job would leave a message with the information for me to consider before I replied. They were very good with accommodating my requests and negotiating.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.