Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

1,105 Interview Reviews

2.8

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Very unorganized and lack of planning on the interview process.
    Very poor process followed at-least for experienced professional interviews.

In the pre-screening round , Hiring Manager/Recruiting Team should talk with candidate and give some overview of the project ,role expectations and find out if candidate profile, skill set meets the demands of the job position as well as the salary range if there is any budget constraint. Also check if the candidate is interested in the position and then take it forward.

Recruiter shared JD and scheduled an initial telephonic round.The interviewer who talks to you doesn't know in which project you will be placed ,and cannot share any details. Questions will be based only on the area he was asked to focus for that round.

After some days recruiter informed further F2F rounds they want to finish on the same day and confirmed panel availability. After I went there ,surprisingly Hiring Manager says there is one panel available to talk and will check for others availability . In the first F2F round , I was asked about my salary and then proceeded with further technical questions.

Post this Hiring Manager came and trying to find out my Salary, how much I am expecting, project experience and responsibilities and then started giving conflict statements about the role /project. Conveyed that he couldnt find the panel availability for further rounds and want to have telephonic discussion scheduled later. Very unprofessional way of conducting interviews.

When you are calling an experienced professional , remember they are bound to commitments in the current role and do value their time. If you have salary constraint or skill-set do check in pre-screening in the interest of time on both ends.

Advice to Company please train your panel,otherwise laterals wont be willing to join.

Interview Questions

• 1. Project and its architecture Related Questions

2. Salary and my expectations   Answer Question

Public Sector Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Reston, VA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online for this remote position and about 1.5 weeks later received an email from who I later found out was the Hiring Mgr for the position. Had a phone interview with her the very next day. Phone interview was a little over one hour and went very well. Hiring Mgr told me that the next step is to chat w/ HR (about salary, etc). I thought this was strange as I had ALWAYS spoken to HR first with the majority of companies I’ve interviewed with. Nevertheless, I received an email from HR a couple days later asking when I was available to chat. I replied immediately and never heard back from HR. So I called her the next day and she apologized for her tardiness as she “was too busy” to respond back. Seriously? FYI, HPE outsources their HR recruitment to a company called Korn Ferry. Anyway, we discussed my salary expectations, whether I had a security clearance, etc. The Recruiter told me that it was between me and one other person and that my salary expectations were within the approved salary range. I waited and waited and even reached out to the Recruiter to find out the status. She said the Hiring Mgr had not yet made a decision which I found to be odd as the Hiring Mgr explicitly said she would be making a decision in less than 2 weeks (it had been 2.5 weeks by this point). It has now been 1.75 months since I interviewed and I never heard back one way or the other. I believe salary was an issue even though the Recruiter said it was acceptable but I know that they lie about this all the time as most are not allowed to give you the exact approved salary range. The Recruiter in all honesty made me give her the range I was looking for even though I first asked her to tell me the approved salary range. Ultimately, the number we verbally agreed to was ABOVE what I asked for (which was a number she threw out to me). Although I believe this is the reason I did not get the offer, I will never know, as no one has communicated with me. One thing that I think is worth mentioning is that about a week after I interviewed, the TITLE of the position changed on the HPE Careers site. Although the text in the body of the position did not change. It appears as though HPE may have downgraded the position to a lower level. I also noticed this “behavior” with a couple other positions I had my eye on at the same time as the one I interviewed for. All in all, the experience left a similar nasty taste in my mouth as some other organizations I’ve interviewed with. No communication, feedback, etc and then radio silence seems to be THE WAY that most companies do business. Would’ve been nice to have at least received that dreadful email that says, “although your skills and experience are impressive, you were not selected”. Not impressed with HPE after this experience and will likely not apply with them again.

Presales Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Barcelona (Spain)) in May 2019.

Interview

I initially applied to the position and spoke with the recruiter. A few days later we arranged for an interview with the hiring manager, where I had to prepare a presentation with several slides about HPE, my background experience, motivation for the job and more.
    At the end of the interview, the recruiter wanted to arrange for the next interview with another member of the team.

The overall process was quite messy, and I experienced that HPE were in general slow with the next steps. On several occasions it took weeks before I heard back regarding the next steps, and the recruiter said they would schedule an interview with a specific person but it turned out to be a completely different person I would speak to eventually.

I also experienced in one of the interviews, the person didn't show up so I was waiting for nothing. Additionally, the recruiter stated for one interview it would just be a regular interview, which turned out to be a very technical interview instead, thus me not being prepared properly for it.

After being in contact with HPE for several months, having had 4-5 interviews, in the end I got an offer from another company, so we never got to a conclusion if they would offer me the posititon or not, as they were requesting me to do an assessment for the next step, despite the long process already.

I don't know if this is the general recruitment process with HPE or if I was unlucky, but the recruitment process was messy and slow in general, and it requires a lot of patience in the end.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

I did not get an interview. I applied for the position two years in a row. I meet all qualifications but obviously my resume did not attract them enough to call me. It is fine. What is not fine is not receiving any sort of email regarding my application. If a candidate applies to your company, the least a company can do is thank them for their interest in applying and letting them know you decided to go with other candidates. In both occasions that I have applied, I didn't get any sort of response from HP. It is disappointing that such a big corporation does not take time to implement this.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Milan (Italy)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview has been made with 2 HPE developers in a small room (2x2 meters wide).
    They used each one a laptop and handled, for each skill you declared in your CV, 1/2 questions. Usually questions are made on theory or coding: the worst part of the interview was coding, because they give you a pen and piece of paper where you have to code ("no, really? No laptop for an interview?" shocking to see this in HPE). Some questions were ambiguous and had more than 1 answer.

Interview Questions

• Having a libra and 8 stones, each stone with the same weight, except one, which steps would you make to find the heavier one? After: is there a way to have fewer steps?   1 Answer

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Reading, England).

Interview

I had a thirty Minuit interview with manager and current placement student where I was asked the usual questions and I had to give 5 min presentation about the company

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I started with a phone screening about skills and projects, then moved on to a phone interview with the head of the department. It focused more on how my skills fit than technical questions. Then I was asked to do another interview a few days later with a developer from the department. This was more technical and focused on database and language tools relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some advantages and disadvantages of using MongoDB over SQL?   Answer Question
    • Briefly explain what generators are in Python   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

The interview lasted 30min. The recruiter was so kind and asked easy questions about me and my interests. Also she asked me about how I had been taken the decision to apply for the position in HPE.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

1 round - online round on hackerearth (2 questions): questions level was average. One is of DP and one is of LinkedList.
    2 round - technical discuss on my project - what skills I have and what work I need to do.
    questions about design pattern, OS
    3 round - HR general questions

Sales Operation Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2019.

Interview

I got called day +1 after I applied for company's website, without any notification in prior. They suddenly contacted you asked if you have 10-15 mins for interview but end up to extend until 1hr.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.