Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

1,132 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out via email then we set up an initial phone screening. We set up a time to speak and she called me 30 minutes late and I had to reschedule because the phone call was then conflicting with my schedule since she called me late. Then, we rescheduled and she called me late again but this time a whole hour late. She briefly apologized and we continued with the phone call but I had a bad first impression. After our conversation, she proceeded to tell me I would hear back from someone in 2-3 weeks and I never heard anything at all even after following up multiple times. Worst interview experience I have ever had.

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview went very cool. I answered whatever questions asked on DevOps, Micro-services, and Cloud. But here is the turning point. At last, the interviewer said he will ask HR to schedule the next round of interviews and asked Do you have any questions. I said I would like to know a little more about the product. While explaining he did a mistake. He said his services are deployed in Kubernetes. I said that is wrong "Services can be deployed in Docker containers and orchestrated by Kubernetes".

Reason for decline: I don't like to work for such a company where senior employees are technically unfit. I have immediately blocked his number and all numbers of this company so that I don't get any calls from such uneducated employees or HR in the future. I have also blocked him and the company on social networks.

Advice to Management: People at the senior level should be immediately terminated from the job because they are not technically fit for this industry.

Advice to the customer: Be careful, Don't buy any services from this company. They will cheat you by providing insecure software.

Interview Questions

• About Docker containers, Micro-services and AWS   1 Answer

I don't like to work for such a company where senior employees are technically unfit. I have blocked his number and all numbers of this company. I have also blocked him on social networks.

Marketing Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

3 interviews with different members of the team.
    Went through CV and was asked the usual behavioural and competency based questions.
    Never heard back even after trying to follow up. Found it unprofessional to not bother to give any feedback, not even an automated rejection email, especially after dedicating time for 3 interviews.

Industrial Placement - Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Bristol, England) in December 2019.

Interview

20-30 minute telephone interview with breif technical questions. I was invited to the assessment centre 3 days before it took place; never heard back from them, seemingly no respect for applicants.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied through the website, was later contacted by a recruiter for a quick phone call, was asked to type and answer questions prior to speaking to the manager twice, because she had “accidentally” sent me the wrong set of questions.
    Later interviewed with the manager and never heard back. Reached out to the manager and recruiter separately two weeks later and never responded.

This is the second time I have interviewed with HPE and both times I have been ignored after the interview with the manager. This seems to be very common with HPE and I find it very surprising such good company would allow their outsourced recruiting company “Korn Ferry” to treat potential prospects like that.

Intern Marketing Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule the first round of interview with the hiring manager within 24 hrs. The interview with the hiring manager was smooth with mostly behavioral questions. But the recruiting team took 3 weeks to get back to give an update on an interview.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2020.

Interview

Completely unprofessional HR and management. They contacted me for an interview and it was a normal phone interview like 15-20 mins and it was easy and quite straightforward and we ended up and the hr told me that I should expect an answer with a couple of days, I have waited for around 2 weeks and nth happened, I wrote the hr whether the position is still open and she said yea yea it is still open but the hiring manager is not FREE and busy with other projects so she asked me to wait for a couple of days again and 2 weeks later nth happened and I inquired about it and same response. This interview was in October and I didn’t care much more about the position but I have received a mail a couple of days ago that the position has been canceled, that was Mid-February. Around 5 months!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

I received a phone call from a lady asking if I was still open to working for HPE and had an initial screening with her. The next day I received an email from the recruiter whose department I was going to be working in. She asked me for availability and a sample of work that I had done, for example, a flyer, PowerPoint, or a writing piece. I promptly sent her an email back with my availability and work. For a whole week, I did not receive any correspondence from her. I emailed her asking for a follow-up while also I contacted the lady who had done the phone screening. After waiting seven days and two days before our supposed interview, the recruiter finally replied to my email. She said that she had found out last week that they decided to another location and that she would reach out to me if they decided to have an internship at the location I had applied to.

As someone who is in college looking for opportunities for the summer and who is an HR major, I am distraught by the way that their HR department has handled this situation. The lack of professionalism that they have shown in the three times that I have had some correspondence with them shows me that they have a long way to go in terms of development. Something like the location of the internship is decided when you initially come up with a job description and qualifications. I would never want to work for a company and people like this. To new interns or people applying to this place, please be careful and don't get your hopes up when they call you asking for an interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2019.

Interview

It was a long interview, they mostly asked about skills and things on the resume. They also had me do some kind of IQ test, and I couldn't answer all the questions. Since I applied to a position in Singapore, I had to arrange a Skype interview at night. I dressed up, but they didn't specifically ask for video (I ended up turning my video on anyway since I was already wearing the suit).

Interview Questions

• You have a three liter bucket and a five liter bucket. You are only allowed to fill a bucket to it's brim, and you are allowed to pour out as much water as you want. You may pour water from one bucket to another. You have an unlimited supply of water. How do you get four liters of water?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial Screening then 3 on site interviews and another remote interview. None of the interviews were with the hiring manager or HR only with Team members who were all professional. The process was very protracted and I never got a response to final follow ups on whether it was moving forward, withdrawn or I did not get the job. Not what one would expect from a company like HP

Interview Questions

• All very generic questions on value I would bring to the role in terms of experience   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.