Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 27 May 2019
1,105 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with personality questions. That was followed with another phone interview that focused on technical questions. Finally, there was an on site interview that consisted of both personality and technical questions. I met with a total of five people. One person for the two phone interviews and the other four during the on site interview.

Interview Questions

• There was a code review of old code that performed memory loads to check for failures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Roseville, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Generally tested on networking fundamentals and a little about every required prerequisite for the specific position that I applied for. There were also questions on data structures and other general software engineering questions. Finally, they asked about any side projects and honors/accomplishments. It was nice to see that every part of my resume was valued and not only strictly my credentials or knowledge with specific programming languages.

Interview Questions

• Networking fundamentals, different networking layers, java/C++ questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Good and Natural. Interviewers were friendly. 3 rounds of interview. First round was coding and aptitude round. After clearing that next day it was face-to-face. Interviewee asked my area of interest.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me and ask basic information related to the job requirements, then set up a phone interview next day with a manager. We talked about the projects what we're working on. Then, he sent the take-home- projects. Now, I am waiting for an onsite interview details confirmation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, phone call with manager, and then an onsite interview of three 30-min rounds. Was the easiest interview I went through for a full time job. HR is HORRIBLE though, and this extends to working at HPE also. They took close to two months after the manager told me I got he job to get everything processed. They didn't even respond to email from me, my manager, and the recruiter for about two weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was standard. First round was initial screening in college career fair. Standard java questions. Coding and concepts related questions.
    Then 2 rounds of phone screen, again the questions were database schema design and code in language of your preference. It was basic data structure questions. If all goes good then 5 onsite.
    All the rounds are coding based and one last with manager.
    Datastructure and Other design based questions. Design patterns

Interview Questions

• Design question to design database schema. Then optimize it.   1 Answer
    • Heap size errors and fix   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have standard pakages. It you can negotiate 5-8 k.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Started with 1 HR phone interview then a 30 minute technical phone screening, then a 3 hour interview on campus. Mainly asked OO questions in the phone interview, then a lot more technical in the office interview. A ton of Java questions, a couple of puzzles, and two whiteboard coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers from 2 to 100, find how many prime numbers are in the list.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, and on-site with 4 engineers. The engineers are smart, highly technical and are very gentle . First a phone interview, with basic computer science related questions and later called to on -site .

Interview Questions

• Maximum contiguous sum in an array, Programming related questions, design and architect problems. C++, JAVA basic questions, algorithms and Previous experience related   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Fort Collins, CO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at job fair in school and only had an onsite interview after that. Interview was 5 hour long and each hour I met with a different engineer to talk about a different language.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions regarding to shell script, python, java and C, projects I worked on previously   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Westborough, MA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

This experience is from April earlier this year; I graduated in May. I interviewed for Systems/Software Engineer for the HPE Performance Engineering (Simplivity) group in Westborough, MA.

As part of a course for my CS masters degree, I was developing an application for another HPE group from MA (NOT the one I interviewed for, though). I had that on my resume and had applied online, which caught the manager's eye. He emailed and we scheduled a phone screen, which went smoothly. We mostly discussed this current HPE school project, my background and his expectations for the role. At the end of the call he invited me for an onsite interview next week.

The onsite interview went extremely smoothly as well. I was offered coffee, shown around the office and cafeteria, and then had 4 rounds. 2 rounds were with 1 person each, and 2 with 2 people each. They were all part of the same team.
    1st round: Manager again. More detailed talk about background, explained a couple projects on whiteboard with diagrams and flow.
    2nd round: 2 folks, 1 older and one late 20's/early 30's. Talked about projects with explanation on whiteboard, behavioral questions, hobbies etc.
    3rd round: 2 folks, both aged. Discussed the HPE project, other masters and undergrad projects.
    4th round: A senior guy, I think he was the Director of the group/branch. This round was mostly me asking him questions about the role, team, and the company in general.

2 weeks later I was reached out to by a recruiter, she asked for my visa situation, possible start date, salary expectations etc. WRT salary, I told I am fresh out of grad school and don't have a figure in mind, and am flexible. She hinted I should get an offer soon. I had another offer waiting so I tried to get a formal offer quickly. 4-5 days after that (2 days before the other offer expired), I received an offer of $85k base, some stocks, and general (albeit good) benefits. I negotiated a bit on the basis of the other offer. HR then reached out on the last day of the expiration of the other offer, and sent a written offer of $90k, and an additional $7k in relocation expenses. I accepted the offer.

Fast forward to early August, and I am about to start working. I had to move the joining date forward as I was waiting for my EAD card process to be completed. The HR and manager were very patient throughout, and I'm quite pleased!

Interview Questions

• Explain past projects in detail.   1 Answer