Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

1,139 Interview Reviews

2.8

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

I did not get an interview. I applied for the position two years in a row. I meet all qualifications but obviously my resume did not attract them enough to call me. It is fine. What is not fine is not receiving any sort of email regarding my application. If a candidate applies to your company, the least a company can do is thank them for their interest in applying and letting them know you decided to go with other candidates. In both occasions that I have applied, I didn't get any sort of response from HP. It is disappointing that such a big corporation does not take time to implement this.

Public Sector Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Reston, VA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online for this remote position and about 1.5 weeks later received an email from who I later found out was the Hiring Mgr for the position. Had a phone interview with her the very next day. Phone interview was a little over one hour and went very well. Hiring Mgr told me that the next step is to chat w/ HR (about salary, etc). I thought this was strange as I had ALWAYS spoken to HR first with the majority of companies I’ve interviewed with. Nevertheless, I received an email from HR a couple days later asking when I was available to chat. I replied immediately and never heard back from HR. So I called her the next day and she apologized for her tardiness as she “was too busy” to respond back. Seriously? FYI, HPE outsources their HR recruitment to a company called Korn Ferry. Anyway, we discussed my salary expectations, whether I had a security clearance, etc. The Recruiter told me that it was between me and one other person and that my salary expectations were within the approved salary range. I waited and waited and even reached out to the Recruiter to find out the status. She said the Hiring Mgr had not yet made a decision which I found to be odd as the Hiring Mgr explicitly said she would be making a decision in less than 2 weeks (it had been 2.5 weeks by this point). It has now been 1.75 months since I interviewed and I never heard back one way or the other. I believe salary was an issue even though the Recruiter said it was acceptable but I know that they lie about this all the time as most are not allowed to give you the exact approved salary range. The Recruiter in all honesty made me give her the range I was looking for even though I first asked her to tell me the approved salary range. Ultimately, the number we verbally agreed to was ABOVE what I asked for (which was a number she threw out to me). Although I believe this is the reason I did not get the offer, I will never know, as no one has communicated with me. One thing that I think is worth mentioning is that about a week after I interviewed, the TITLE of the position changed on the HPE Careers site. Although the text in the body of the position did not change. It appears as though HPE may have downgraded the position to a lower level. I also noticed this “behavior” with a couple other positions I had my eye on at the same time as the one I interviewed for. All in all, the experience left a similar nasty taste in my mouth as some other organizations I’ve interviewed with. No communication, feedback, etc and then radio silence seems to be THE WAY that most companies do business. Would’ve been nice to have at least received that dreadful email that says, “although your skills and experience are impressive, you were not selected”. Not impressed with HPE after this experience and will likely not apply with them again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current role?   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I started with a phone screening about skills and projects, then moved on to a phone interview with the head of the department. It focused more on how my skills fit than technical questions. Then I was asked to do another interview a few days later with a developer from the department. This was more technical and focused on database and language tools relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some advantages and disadvantages of using MongoDB over SQL?   1 Answer
    • Briefly explain what generators are in Python   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The manager reached out via Linkedin, and scheduled q phone interview, then after we scheduled the technical for the following week. The technical interviewing process was around 3 hours on site. They took me on a tour, and they asked hypothetical questions about what I would do to troubleshoot "said issue " they also asked questions related to VMware, networking, virtualization, as well as storage. I thought the engineers were very skilled and open to questions pretaining to the job! Overall great experience throughout the interview, they gave me and offer, I accepted, and I am very excited to join their HPE Nimble team!

& Make sure you do your research on the company!! It helps!

Interview Questions

• Rhe interviewing process was around 3 hours they took me on a tour, and they asked hypothetical questions about what I would do to troubleshoot "said issue " they also asked questions related to VMware, networking, virtualization, as well as storage.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in January 2019.

Interview

Campus interview, then I had a phone interview and then I was flown out to Houston, Texas and had interviews with the hiring manager, HR representative and a recent hire.

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

Very good. Had discussion on technical details of java, career goals, adapting new technologies, current project architecture. Details on academic projects and the project details which one will be working on.

Enterprise Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Initial contact was via telephone with a follow-up telephone call with one of the team members. That was followed up with a request an email request for a face to face interview at their location in Houston, Texas.

In my view, the process was a waste of my time and gas to get there.

If you get an interview for the role, make sure you get good directions as what I got put me on the back side of the building with no directions or people available to ask on how to get to the interview.

Interview Questions

• They actually, with a straight face, asked if I had dealt with a fist fight, either starting one or ending one. Completely an inappropriate and off the wall type of question. The manager of the department never once smiled as he had a frown during the whole interview, not a pleasant person to deal with.   1 Answer

Sustainability Reporting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Long interview process with four + interviews. Pre-screening interview, interview with the team, supervisor interview, division head interview. The questions were straightforward and the interviews lasted from 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter and set up an interview at a conference I was at. I interviewed with someone in a tech management role, that wasn't a software engineer so it was more general questions and a lot of questions about my resume and past projects.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Integration Fabric Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online
    was contacted by a recruiter who loved my resume
    passed it on to a manager within the department
    Was contacted by a senior developer to set up an interview
    Interview was pretty straightforward (see questions)
    Interviewers were not very talkative but It was overall an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• NPM questions, Agile Development questions, CI/CD stuff, Explain projects on resume, 2 basic SQL queries, 1 basic Java question then asked me to improve its performance   Answer Question