Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

1,132 Interview Reviews

2.8

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Casual atmosphere and very professional environment. The questions asked were mainly technical storage related. I applied through Insight Global and the staff there was super freindly. Interview process was very straightforward and simple.

Interview Questions

• WHen doing LUN assignments, what is the use of an Alias?   1 Answer

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Fast interview process, basic personality and skills questions for fresh graduate hires. Not that fast when it comes to contract signing, maybe due to a lot of newbies hired but turned smooth once passed through.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

It was a very delightful and efficient experience! The hiring manager really accommodated to my needs and allowed me to meet with 5 team members to get a better sense of team culture and fit. Everyone I spoke to was very nice, encouraging, and easy to talk to throughout the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between product management and product marketing?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Phone screening, sometimes 2. Face to Face with hiring manager, possibly a peer as well. For entry level jobs, you'll probably just do a Skype call, especially if out of state.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you took a leadership role and what was the result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in June 2018.

Interview

E-mail screen from internal recruiter, answered a few short questions with 2-3 sentence answers.

Followed by phone screen with internal recruiter, fairly standard qualification questions - background, fit, offered information about the job, team, company, and so on.

Then phone screen with manager, I was impressed that this felt like a two way dialog and not a cold or impersonal quiz. Manager was very open about team's current challenges, talked in depth about the tech stack used, areas the team wants to improve, etc., appeared to be genuinely interested in getting to know my personality, motivation, approach to working as a team, as well as prior projects I've worked on and technical skills.

Then phone panel interview with engineers on this team, asked about previous projects, technical experience, what I think about different development methodologies. Only a few "hard" technical questions, some I could answer and some I could not. Since I understood this role to require a very broad technical skill-set, I (correctly) did not think this would be a problem. Later, I've learned one of the key things they were looking for is curiosity and drive.

I think talking about the various projects, both primary job and side-project that I've worked on, helped convince them that I could tackle the whole range of things this team is tasked with doing.

A soft offer was made within about a week of the phone panel, followed by about a week and a half of casual negotiations, including a handful of phone calls with the internal recruiter and manager.

Unfortunately, some internal corporate politics created a great deal of unnecessary stress - but the manager and internal recruiter were very supportive and open about the process, which actually increased my confidence in working for this team.

Finally received a hard offer, we all agreed on terms, completed background check (employment verification, criminal history, etc.), and hired on.

Interview Questions

• Describe your contribution to a recent software engineering project you worked on.   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in June 2018.

Interview

A recruiter from HP reached out on LinkedIn. I responded and said I was interested in the position. She wanted to speak immediately on the phone, but I could not due to my schedule. Instead of using a different time I suggested, she ghosted me. This was a very negative experience on behalf of HP's recruiters.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a phone interviews to identify and recruit candidates for employment. Phone interviews are often used to narrow the pool of applicants who will be invited for in-person interviews. F

Penetration Tester Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

I drop my resume on their mailbox during an event. Got a phone interview from HR and technical interview with the Direct Manager. Hired on the spot and I started after 2 months of process.

Marketing Role Interview

Interview

Recruitment here seems pretty incompetent.

An HPE recruiter reached out to me and encouraged me to apply for a position. I did so and informed the recruiter that I had submitted my application. Despite attempting to follow up several times I never heard back. Eventually I received an automated email telling me that my application had been rejected.

I certainly don’t expect to automatically be offered a job wherever I apply but asking me to apply for a role and then going dark is both unprofessional and shows a lack of basic courtesy.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

- Series of phone interviews with HR and different levels of management
    - two case studies for individual work

The interview was a smooth process, conducted in a friendly atmosphere

Interview Questions

• - basic IT infrastructure questions
      - customer handling situations   1 Answer