Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

1,105 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter and set up an interview at a conference I was at. I interviewed with someone in a tech management role, that wasn't a software engineer so it was more general questions and a lot of questions about my resume and past projects.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Fort Collins, CO (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a phone screening, and proceeded to set up an in-person interview the next week. The hiring manager stayed on the ball and was very responsive, much appreciated! The interview itself was with the team I would be working with. I was mostly asked about my relevant experience, and any other life experiences that seemed applicable. A few brief programming questions and then a tour. It was great!

Interview Questions

• Classic FizzBuzz programming question. For the numbers 1-100, print "fizz" if it is divisible by 3, print "buzz" if it is divisible by 5, print "fizzbuzz" if it is divisible by both.   1 Answer

Interview

One phone screen and one onsite. The interview process was relatively quick. Both rounds were completed in the course of 2 weeks. The offer took more than 2 months to process, and the company gave me no updates about the status of my application during that period.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: Efficiently identify a duplicate element in an array with O(1) space   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen from team manager and if the interest seems mutual there is a take home coding challenge they let you take your time with. Then, when you send your project and they review the code and like what they see, they ask you for an onsite. The onsite consists of meeting with the team starting from the team manager to the tech lead to teammates who all evaluate your technical skills as well as ask you about the type of person you are.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

First round -Written Technical, Second round -Group Discussion, Third round -Verbal Technical, Fourth/Final round -HR, Clearing third round is good enough to get offer. HR round is related to location and expectation

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with a panel of three, One from HR, and another two were from the Application team.
    Explained the process of interview and went through the expectation of the Job. They were looking for a person who could work on nights and weekends when necessary. The Interview was schedule for 1 hour.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Good. Clearly comprehensive and professional. Several stages, individual(s) and group. Maintained a professional attitude and answered all of the questions.

Interview process was the best part of working for HPE. Again professional all the way.

Interview Questions

• How do you query the last return code on a bash shell?   1 Answer

Channel Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Phone. No real probing questions, just general type based on experience. Seemed like the hiring manager was not clear on what she needed/wanted as could not answer the question of what three major skills do you feel are critical for this role

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

First step - HR Generalist calls to ask pre-qualifying questions.
    Second step - Category Manager invites you in for an hour long conversation.
    Third step - You wait about a week.
    Forth step - you receive an offer letter, which is contingent upon your drug screening.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Sacramento, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief in-person interview (if at career fair) to determine desired position, a follow-up phone interview (behavioral and technical), and a final 2 hour on-site interview (30 min with various team leaders, behavior and technical).