Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

1,135 Interview Reviews

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Interview

- Series of phone interviews with HR and different levels of management
    - two case studies for individual work

The interview was a smooth process, conducted in a friendly atmosphere

Interview Questions

• - basic IT infrastructure questions
      - customer handling situations   1 Answer

Network R&D Interview

Interview

Interviewer was super patient and super sweet. Interview was straight forward. Asked questions on my resume. Asked C programming questions. The process was easy, a quick phone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How will you check if a string is a palindrome using a Linked List?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone screening. In phone screening simple C based questions like use of mod operator and resume based questions were asked. After a week I was called on site. There were 5 rounds. The interview started off very nicely. People were friendly. The main problem was they themselves were not aware of the complexities and running times of the solutions. A question on dynamic programming was asked to maximize profits whose complexity was O(n^2), but the guy insisted on having a solution with O(n). It was very difficult to convince them. The last round guy was especially very rude. He asked a string related question which was very simple. When i could solve, he started making it complicated and after some time he himself lost track of what he was asking. Overall the company is good and luckily the position was also good. But because of the people with incomplete knowledge, things could work out based on luck at the end.

Interview Questions

• Find all permutations of the string. File handling question - how to read only specific lines?   Answer Question

Hardware IoT (Junior) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position about two months ago online but no one referred me to the hiring manager. It was a simple application on their website. I was contacted two weeks ago by the hiring manager. He called me and asked me some general interest questions. Then he contacted me last week about a day and time for a job interview. I was at the HPE campus all day from 9AM to 4PM. I interviewed with seven different people including the hiring manager. It was a lot of talking but it was well worth it. The following Monday, the Corporate Recruiter emailed me in the morning say he would call me to discuss a few things. He called me later that afternoon and told me I essentially got the job and asked for my salary requirements and we discussed some benefits. He later told me that the next step is getting that job offer letter from HR and to discuss benefits. So if a recruiter emails you about a call, then it's a good sign. Otherwise, you will probably get an automated email saying that you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me about the internship I had with HPE but with a different division. Some of them asked me what I liked doing during my free time. A lot of them admired that I had some programming skills. One of them asked about my humility saying, "I know that you're in grad school right now and some grad students expect to do all of the engineering work but how comfortable would you feel if we had to give you some grunt work?" Another one asked me to go up on the board and draw the important parts of computer architecture and to provide an example for each important part. A lot of them asked me about my senior design project. A lot of them asked me about a time where I had a project and things weren't going the way I wanted to. Some of them asked me what they believe my weaknesses are and what my strengths are. The hiring manager asked me some questions during our lunch and he just asked me about my experience with VHDL programming and we talked a lot about some technical stuff. One of them asked me where I saw myself in five years. Some of them asked me why I studied electrical engineering and where my influence came from. Most of them explained to me what this team did and how everyone practically does everything not they're not limited to being a software engineer or a hardware engineer or a mechanical engineer, etc. One of them gave me a brief tour of their labs. Each person I interviewed with was a 1 on 1 in the same room. The room had some hardware inside. And some of them talked about the hardware they were working on. I managed to show my knowledge and I was able to point out a few things within the hardware that common within all electronics (they never asked me anything about their hardware because they didn't expect me to know their products).

The interviews were pretty easy and there weren't any questions where I had to really think about. I knew how to answer each question right away and I was given a lot of time to explain my senior project and some of the questions they asked me. My advice is to bring some water because you will be talking a lot. These interviews are not meant to trick you nor make you unwelcome or feel dumb. Remember that the reason why you have an interview in the first place is that they believe that you're potentially a good fit for the team.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in April 2018.

Interview

Employee referral. Had a quick phone screening to ask a few questions and set up a date and time for a skype business call interview. Interviewed with two people, however their cameras were not on which was slightly awkward.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about establishing relationships with new co-workers.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you to coordinate with more than 3 people to finish a task given a short deadline.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was three rounds the first round was phone, second and third round was in person. It was a very planned interview process and I was selected in the end

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Fremont, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone plus in person with same hiring manager who didn’t care to show up for her in person interview appointment and was very inconsiderate. I am glad things didn’t go far enough. On top of that hiring Manager didn’t want to make a quick decision and kept delaying a response to my queries.

Principal Product Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Met with recruiter, then hiring manager, then potential peer-level team member. Interviews were pretty in-depth regarding experience, especially with hiring manager and team member, both were very personable. There was not a focus on case style interviewing. Hiring manager was very open to explaining team and role.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experience with new product strategy.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Two interviews. I don't really remember specific question since it was so long ago. I believe they asked strengths and weaknesses. Current activities. At the time I was getting ready to graduate from college. They asked me what I would do if I didn't get the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen from team manager and if the interest seems mutual there is a take home coding challenge they let you take your time with. Then, when you send your project and they review the code and like what they see, they ask you for an onsite. The onsite consists of meeting with the team starting from the team manager to the tech lead to teammates who all evaluate your technical skills as well as ask you about the type of person you are.