Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Started with 1 HR phone interview then a 30 minute technical phone screening, then a 3 hour interview on campus. Mainly asked OO questions in the phone interview, then a lot more technical in the office interview. A ton of Java questions, a couple of puzzles, and two whiteboard coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers from 2 to 100, find how many prime numbers are in the list.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in May 2013.

Interview

three to four phone screens with basic algorithmic questions
    They were skype interviews. Mostly based on Data structures and algorithms. Please know our resume well. and know to answer questions based on your projects. This was a new grad interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

After filling in the online application, I had a telephone interview with the personnel department. This was followed by a telephone interview with a member of the technical staff. Then there was an online coding test, which in turn was followed by an additional interview. It was a perfectly pleasant and well-organized process, if somewhat drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly puzzles such as: can you think of an O(nlogn) solution for a particular sorting or merging problem.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked a lot of questions about what I knew about and how I would solve problems. No one ever asked me any traditional technical questions involving algorithms or theoretical puzzles. Everything was straight forward and had a practical focus. Admittedly, I did not use all of the skills discussed in the interview process while working for them.

Interview Questions

• Various short questions about Linux utilities and common CS data structures.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, phone call with manager, and then an onsite interview of three 30-min rounds. Was the easiest interview I went through for a full time job. HR is HORRIBLE though, and this extends to working at HPE also. They took close to two months after the manager told me I got he job to get everything processed. They didn't even respond to email from me, my manager, and the recruiter for about two weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was standard. First round was initial screening in college career fair. Standard java questions. Coding and concepts related questions.
    Then 2 rounds of phone screen, again the questions were database schema design and code in language of your preference. It was basic data structure questions. If all goes good then 5 onsite.
    All the rounds are coding based and one last with manager.
    Datastructure and Other design based questions. Design patterns

Interview Questions

• Design question to design database schema. Then optimize it.   1 Answer
    • Heap size errors and fix   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have standard pakages. It you can negotiate 5-8 k.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone screening. In phone screening simple C based questions like use of mod operator and resume based questions were asked. After a week I was called on site. There were 5 rounds. The interview started off very nicely. People were friendly. The main problem was they themselves were not aware of the complexities and running times of the solutions. A question on dynamic programming was asked to maximize profits whose complexity was O(n^2), but the guy insisted on having a solution with O(n). It was very difficult to convince them. The last round guy was especially very rude. He asked a string related question which was very simple. When i could solve, he started making it complicated and after some time he himself lost track of what he was asking. Overall the company is good and luckily the position was also good. But because of the people with incomplete knowledge, things could work out based on luck at the end.

Interview Questions

• Find all permutations of the string. File handling question - how to read only specific lines?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, and on-site with 4 engineers. The engineers are smart, highly technical and are very gentle . First a phone interview, with basic computer science related questions and later called to on -site .

Interview Questions

• Maximum contiguous sum in an array, Programming related questions, design and architect problems. C++, JAVA basic questions, algorithms and Previous experience related   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Good and Natural. Interviewers were friendly. 3 rounds of interview. First round was coding and aptitude round. After clearing that next day it was face-to-face. Interviewee asked my area of interest.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me and ask basic information related to the job requirements, then set up a phone interview next day with a manager. We talked about the projects what we're working on. Then, he sent the take-home- projects. Now, I am waiting for an onsite interview details confirmation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.