Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

2.8

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I started with a phone screening about skills and projects, then moved on to a phone interview with the head of the department. It focused more on how my skills fit than technical questions. Then I was asked to do another interview a few days later with a developer from the department. This was more technical and focused on database and language tools relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some advantages and disadvantages of using MongoDB over SQL?   1 Answer
  • Briefly explain what generators are in Python   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter and set up an interview at a conference I was at. I interviewed with someone in a tech management role, that wasn't a software engineer so it was more general questions and a lot of questions about my resume and past projects.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone screening. In phone screening simple C based questions like use of mod operator and resume based questions were asked. After a week I was called on site. There were 5 rounds. The interview started off very nicely. People were friendly. The main problem was they themselves were not aware of the complexities and running times of the solutions. A question on dynamic programming was asked to maximize profits whose complexity was O(n^2), but the guy insisted on having a solution with O(n). It was very difficult to convince them. The last round guy was especially very rude. He asked a string related question which was very simple. When i could solve, he started making it complicated and after some time he himself lost track of what he was asking. Overall the company is good and luckily the position was also good. But because of the people with incomplete knowledge, things could work out based on luck at the end.

Interview Questions

• Find all permutations of the string. File handling question - how to read only specific lines?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen from team manager and if the interest seems mutual there is a take home coding challenge they let you take your time with. Then, when you send your project and they review the code and like what they see, they ask you for an onsite. The onsite consists of meeting with the team starting from the team manager to the tech lead to teammates who all evaluate your technical skills as well as ask you about the type of person you are.

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

One phone screen and one onsite. The interview process was relatively quick. Both rounds were completed in the course of 2 weeks. The offer took more than 2 months to process, and the company gave me no updates about the status of my application during that period.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: Efficiently identify a duplicate element in an array with O(1) space   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Good and Natural. Interviewers were friendly. 3 rounds of interview. First round was coding and aptitude round. After clearing that next day it was face-to-face. Interviewee asked my area of interest.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me and ask basic information related to the job requirements, then set up a phone interview next day with a manager. We talked about the projects what we're working on. Then, he sent the take-home- projects. Now, I am waiting for an onsite interview details confirmation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Started with 1 HR phone interview then a 30 minute technical phone screening, then a 3 hour interview on campus. Mainly asked OO questions in the phone interview, then a lot more technical in the office interview. A ton of Java questions, a couple of puzzles, and two whiteboard coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers from 2 to 100, find how many prime numbers are in the list.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

After filling in the online application, I had a telephone interview with the personnel department. This was followed by a telephone interview with a member of the technical staff. Then there was an online coding test, which in turn was followed by an additional interview. It was a perfectly pleasant and well-organized process, if somewhat drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly puzzles such as: can you think of an O(nlogn) solution for a particular sorting or merging problem.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was standard. First round was initial screening in college career fair. Standard java questions. Coding and concepts related questions.
    Then 2 rounds of phone screen, again the questions were database schema design and code in language of your preference. It was basic data structure questions. If all goes good then 5 onsite.
    All the rounds are coding based and one last with manager.
    Datastructure and Other design based questions. Design patterns

Interview Questions

• Design question to design database schema. Then optimize it.   1 Answer
    • Heap size errors and fix   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have standard pakages. It you can negotiate 5-8 k.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.