Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I received an email about 2 weeks after I applied online. They scheduled a phone interview, the phone interview was short. She mainly asked me to go over my resume and also asked me about salary options during the phone interview...which I did not expect, at least not during a phone interview.
    I received another email a few days later to schedule a face to face interview. It was a panel style with 4 people who took turns asking me questions. They didn’t ask any behavioral questions, it was more conversational. Overall, a smooth process.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Their application breaks federal law. On the application they ask how old are you - mandatory question; they ask if you identify as transgender; they also ask for your sexual orientation. What they hell is wrong with these people? They are being reported to the Labor Board.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Very friendly yet technical. I was qualified and have the right experience , the vibe was very honest and friendly. I enjoyed it. I had a HR round and then two technical rounds followed by a critical thinking test.

Interview Questions

• It was super friendly but also technical, I was asked how I would rate certain things and explain my thought process in doing so. I could answer 99% of questions and the rest 1% they were very forgiving.   Answer Question

Claims Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an in-house recruiter and we scheduled a time for a phone interview. She was very polite and knowledgeable about not just the company but the position and group I'd be working with. It was clear she knew the people on my team and answered all my questions easily. I then got a call-back and scheduled two rounds of interviews in the Chicago office - one with my future supervisor and one with the two senior members of our team. Everyone was honest and personable, and the entire process lasted about two weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were more of a conversation than a Q&A session. Everyone's interest was legitimately in whether I fit the job and vice versa, and not about "tell me about a time..." type questions.   Answer Question

AVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process at Hiscox was great. Phone interviews were set up initially; participants were on time and explained the role in detail. After that, and in-person interview was set up. The day was well planned out with meetings with various groups as well as a meeting with the entire team. Video conferences were also used during this process, which I thought was very progressive. The interview started with a brief history of the company and explaining how connected they are to art, which I thought was refreshing and memorable.

A few points of constructive criticisms -
    1. I wish Hiscox would have let me book my own travel, and then reimburse me, as opposed to the opposite.
    2. Pay attention to privacy when interviewing candidates. Candidates aren't going to want to walk around the office/floor of Hiscox where people can see them. Then it gets out in the industry that you are interviewing and creates issues. I would recommend Hiscox use a little more discretion depending on the applicants situation.

Interview Questions

• If I would be looking to jump into management right away.   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview followed by in person interview. Interviewers were very knowledgeable and personable. Position was well explained and timelines for the various stages of the hiring process were clearly laid out.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hiscox (White Plains, NY (US)).

Interview

I started this role as a contingent employee (read: contractor). My initial interview process for the contract hire was done through Top Prospect Group (Executive Recruiter, highly recommend. They really go to bat for you!). I had a phone call with TPG, then an in-person with TPG to fill out some paperwork, and a just-get-to-know-me chat.

They asked about placing me at Hiscox, and I said I was interested. From there, I had a phone interview with Hiscox recruiter, a phone interview with my hard-line manager, and analytical personality test (dealing with critical thinking, inferences, assumptions, et cetera), and an in-person 60 minute interview with the hard-line manager, with 2 other higher-ups coming in for questions during the interview. Everyone was very amiable. I got the contract, and 8 weeks later I got the permanent job offer.

Note: I am a proactive, head-down, get-the-work-done-now, critically thinking worker, who knows their domain, and how to deliver high-quality collateral. Hiscox extremely values hard-working smart employees, and does not tolerate layabouts. I love the environment here. The interview process is easy if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: A letter goes out to insureds that has an error on it. How would I identify the work in a project environment to address the issue?   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and easy. There was one phone interview with recruiter and one face to face interview with the team manager. I was asked to have video conference with other team members. Also there was request to complete online skills assessment within 24 hours of receipt.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to previous work experience.   Answer Question

Vice President Professional Liablity Product Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

My interview experience was very positive. The first step of this process was to meet with several leaders, including the hiring manager, HR, Deputy Chief Underwriting Officer and regional managers. I met with 4 folks initially, and had very good conversations with all of them. They were engaging, showed great interest in learning about me professionally and personally, and made me feel very welcomed.

Second round of the process involved taking a critical thinking test, called Watson Glaser. This is used to help assess an individuals analytical and critical thinking skills. I was not given a grade on this test, but was told I did well on it.

My third and final round on the interview process involved giving a case study presentation to several senior leaders of the organization....including the Chief Underwriting Officer. Hiscox providing the information for me to review, and I was able to develop my presentation documents.

Ultimately, I was offered the position, which I happily accepted. I felt that the interview process was effective and allowing Hiscox to learn about me, particularly my skills/experience/personality.....all of which are very important for ensuring that I as a candidate would be a good fit for their organization. But by meeting with several employees there, it allowed me to get a good understanding of the role I was applying for, as well as the culture and environment of the company. So in that sense, I think this process is very good for both parties.

Interview Questions

• Can I give examples of where my weaknesses presented themselves in the past, and what I did to improve those deficiencies.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a total of six people. It was a lot of pressure but the questions asked were easy and non repetitive. It started by a phone interview from New York than moved to a person to person interview by 5 people in the location of employment.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager do I work best with.   1 Answer