Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with a group of four interviewers who were all team leaders for various insurance products. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Each interviewer introduced themselves and explained their specific job function and responsibility in the company. After that, three of the four interviewers began taking turns asking questions. One of the interviewers never asked any questions but did escort me to the door at the end of the interview session.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

My initial phone interview went well and I was told I would get a call back to set up a second interview in person. Never received a call so I called back. Again no response what-so-ever.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview followed by in person interview. Interviewers were very knowledgeable and personable. Position was well explained and timelines for the various stages of the hiring process were clearly laid out.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for the Sr BA role on 07/16/2018. Received a call from the HR dept on 08/02/2018 concerning a phone screening. I completed the phone screen the same day and a face to face interview was schedule on 08/15/2018. The face to face interview was 1-1 with the product owner. The interview was very easy question conerning your previous background and experience. The interviewer was not very knowledgeable when it came to scrum/agile software methodologies. I was able to answer questions that she did have to answers too to nor had no acknowledgment of the answers that were given to her. Ex. I never heard of the term roundtable before. If you work in a IT Scrum environment you should know all the terms that entail on a IT Project. I think that she thought i was a threat to her because i knew things that she didnt. I want to work for a company that will value my knowledge and bring success to their team not feel like I'm a threat to them. The interviewer was incompetent and should not be acting in a leadership role. Hiscox is not a place to work if you are highly skilled at what you do.

Interview Questions

• You graduated from college in 1990 why do your work history start in 2005   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Fairly informal in terms of dialog but there was a critical thinking test. These folks can be unprofessional and not straightforward. Interview steps are: phone screen with the recruiter, testing, phone screen with hiring manager, etc.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox in September 2015.

Interview

I applied in early August when position was posted and contacted about one month later by a recruiter. We spoke about one week after that about the company, the position, my background and interest in the role. I was then selected for an in person interview. The whole office atmosphere is very relaxed, not stuffy like how some companies can be. Everyone was very courteous toward me. The interviewer was very personable and easy to relate to. I received a more in depth description of the role and department as a whole. All of my questions were thoroughly answered and informed that they are taking their time to ensure the right fit.

It is two weeks post interview and I've heard nothing back. I did send the customary "thank you" note and emails and also followed up a few days after I was told I'd hear something. To date, I've only heard crickets and am only left to assume they've gone with another candidate. Overall, it was a decent experience and I'd still be interested working there in the future.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any "behavioral" questions, but I was asked about a certain insurance system and if I use it in my current role.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

This was 6 years back, had initial interview over phone. Second interview in office, met with various individuals over video conference in London and US Staff from operations to COO.

Very professional, conservative industry, so wear a proper suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• Mainly around some specific known issues with programming language.   1 Answer
    • Couple of scenarios and how you would handle those.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mostly with head hunter prior to interview with company, once agreed on terms that was honored.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox in April 2018.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Phone interview followed by 2 in-person interviews.
    However, all recruiters just ghosted. I wrote at least 5 emails asking to let me know their decision - however no reply. They lack the professional attitude in replying to candidates.
    Not that i do not know the decision, however I just want them to be confident and let candidate know the decision especially, when one goes through the process of interviewing with IT Director.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Their application breaks federal law. On the application they ask how old are you - mandatory question; they ask if you identify as transgender; they also ask for your sexual orientation. What they hell is wrong with these people? They are being reported to the Labor Board.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Very brief informal call with recruiter. He told me that I was exactly what they were looking for and that the hiring team had already seen my profile, responded positively, and he would strongly recommend an interview. More than a week passes. I am told that I get a phone call from the hiring manager. Great. More than a week passes before it's scheduled. I follow up. They schedule the phone call with the hiring manager in about 10 days.

At this point, it's already been over a month and I'm barely at the second round. The phone interview with the hiring manager seems to go well. I follow up in a week. No response. They just ghosted me.

Overall bad experience. It's pretty unprofessional to keep people hanging like that. If you're not going to move forward, then say so.