Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very thorough. I had 3 phone interviews with 4 people. These covered cultural fit as well as two levels of technical screening. I then had a half-day in-person interview at their office with 4 people, (some of whom were repeated from phone). They are very diligent about finding smart people who reflect their values.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a wide variety of topics which covered the broad areas of knowledge and experience necessary to being a good data architect   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and easy. There was one phone interview with recruiter and one face to face interview with the team manager. I was asked to have video conference with other team members. Also there was request to complete online skills assessment within 24 hours of receipt.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to previous work experience.   Answer Question

Claims Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

HR screening interview: spoke for 30 minutes with HR recruiter. Mostly covered my experience, why I was interested in working for Hiscox, career goals, etc. Nothing very specific. You will likely get asked about salary; I was not ready to discuss at the HR screening stage.

On-site interview: Met with hiring manager one-on-one. Interview was more of an informal conversation than a formal question/answer format.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to transition to an in-house role from litigation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a minimum salary requirement?   Answer Question

Claims Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an in-house recruiter and we scheduled a time for a phone interview. She was very polite and knowledgeable about not just the company but the position and group I'd be working with. It was clear she knew the people on my team and answered all my questions easily. I then got a call-back and scheduled two rounds of interviews in the Chicago office - one with my future supervisor and one with the two senior members of our team. Everyone was honest and personable, and the entire process lasted about two weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were more of a conversation than a Q&A session. Everyone's interest was legitimately in whether I fit the job and vice versa, and not about "tell me about a time..." type questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

I got through the first part which was an assessment test. After that a lady from Britain interviewed and asked the normal behavioral questions. How well do you work with a team, give me examples on that, when did you have to go through a difficult experience at work or school, give an example of that. And she there was a why Hiscox and why marketing questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Were you part of a group that made a difficult decision   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with an initial phone screen, followed by an IQ/personality test, and finally a day of interviews at their Atlanta office. It wasn't very challenging, but definitely time consuming. If you are interested in a role here, be prepared to spend an entire day at their office.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hiscox (White Plains, NY (US)).

Interview

I started this role as a contingent employee (read: contractor). My initial interview process for the contract hire was done through Top Prospect Group (Executive Recruiter, highly recommend. They really go to bat for you!). I had a phone call with TPG, then an in-person with TPG to fill out some paperwork, and a just-get-to-know-me chat.

They asked about placing me at Hiscox, and I said I was interested. From there, I had a phone interview with Hiscox recruiter, a phone interview with my hard-line manager, and analytical personality test (dealing with critical thinking, inferences, assumptions, et cetera), and an in-person 60 minute interview with the hard-line manager, with 2 other higher-ups coming in for questions during the interview. Everyone was very amiable. I got the contract, and 8 weeks later I got the permanent job offer.

Note: I am a proactive, head-down, get-the-work-done-now, critically thinking worker, who knows their domain, and how to deliver high-quality collateral. Hiscox extremely values hard-working smart employees, and does not tolerate layabouts. I love the environment here. The interview process is easy if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: A letter goes out to insureds that has an error on it. How would I identify the work in a project environment to address the issue?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I went through a phone interview, and then 2 to 3 in person interviews. I also took an IQ test. Passing the test is required to get an offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter and then was asked to complete an online assessment, I followed up with no response from HR? A month later (4 weeks) I was asked to interview with the hiring manager. Yet another month later I'm still waiting for a response. Never heard back, one of the most unprofessional processes I have experienced.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Second recruiter attempt by email through LinkedIn. First had casual interview with recruiter which went well. Later followed up with personal interview at Atlanta location. 1-on-1 with Mgr then another Mgr. Went very well. Questions not highly technical, more experience-level, process and handling of various type application problems. 2nd Mgr gave god feedback on company and work environment. Asked about programming background. Asked to take Watson Glaser exam which was unfamiliar to me. Exam is UK/British English tailored and challenging. Once offer accepted got personal call from Mgr which was a welcoming gesture.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage problem tickets?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer
    • What qualities best describe you applicable to the position?   1 Answer