Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

Financial Planning and Analysis Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

It consisted of a phone screen with HR, In person interview with the hiring manager and the CFO. Then, I took an online test and they did a background check.

Interview Questions

• How do your skills fit with the job requirements?   1 Answer

AVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process at Hiscox was great. Phone interviews were set up initially; participants were on time and explained the role in detail. After that, and in-person interview was set up. The day was well planned out with meetings with various groups as well as a meeting with the entire team. Video conferences were also used during this process, which I thought was very progressive. The interview started with a brief history of the company and explaining how connected they are to art, which I thought was refreshing and memorable.

A few points of constructive criticisms -
    1. I wish Hiscox would have let me book my own travel, and then reimburse me, as opposed to the opposite.
    2. Pay attention to privacy when interviewing candidates. Candidates aren't going to want to walk around the office/floor of Hiscox where people can see them. Then it gets out in the industry that you are interviewing and creates issues. I would recommend Hiscox use a little more discretion depending on the applicants situation.

Interview Questions

• If I would be looking to jump into management right away.   1 Answer

Underwriting Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First Round was an online test that was very manageable. The second round was a phone interview that consisted of both behavioral and case study questions. The hardest one was how to go about changing driving in the UK from the left side of the road to the right. Then I was invited to the assessment center that consisted of a presentation, a one on one interview and a group case study. Just make sure to be clear about the financials in the presentation, be very personable in the interview and get involved a lot in the group case study.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about changing driving in the UK from the left to the right side of the road.   Answer Question

Communications Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The most efficient and hassle free interview process I've ever experienced. Friendly and helpful people made it enjoyable and stress free. The employees I met with were genuine and reflected positively on the corporate culture. This is a company you really want to work for once you meet with them.

Vice President Professional Liablity Product Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

My interview experience was very positive. The first step of this process was to meet with several leaders, including the hiring manager, HR, Deputy Chief Underwriting Officer and regional managers. I met with 4 folks initially, and had very good conversations with all of them. They were engaging, showed great interest in learning about me professionally and personally, and made me feel very welcomed.

Second round of the process involved taking a critical thinking test, called Watson Glaser. This is used to help assess an individuals analytical and critical thinking skills. I was not given a grade on this test, but was told I did well on it.

My third and final round on the interview process involved giving a case study presentation to several senior leaders of the organization....including the Chief Underwriting Officer. Hiscox providing the information for me to review, and I was able to develop my presentation documents.

Ultimately, I was offered the position, which I happily accepted. I felt that the interview process was effective and allowing Hiscox to learn about me, particularly my skills/experience/personality.....all of which are very important for ensuring that I as a candidate would be a good fit for their organization. But by meeting with several employees there, it allowed me to get a good understanding of the role I was applying for, as well as the culture and environment of the company. So in that sense, I think this process is very good for both parties.

Interview Questions

• Can I give examples of where my weaknesses presented themselves in the past, and what I did to improve those deficiencies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

A Hiscox recruiter contacted me to inquire if I had an interest in an Agency Management role covering the USA. Their internal recruiter enthusiastically presented the opportunity and described this new role. He indicated the company as growing rapidly, being a great company to work for. He further told of their excellent benefits, good time off, earned sabbaticals and a business casual collaborative work environment. Next I had a phone interview with the leader for the position followed by an in person interview in Los Angeles with a senior head of the company then video conferences with multiple executive constituents from the regions to supported. Hiscox did a team follow up before offering me the opportunity. The recruiter was wonderful at keeping me informed along the way.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my preferred work style, experience, and problem solving methods.   Answer Question
    • My desired work location and salary range.   Answer Question
    • All interviewers focused on the core values of the company and how they apply to the work environment.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

This was my first professional interview out of college and it was fairly easy. Timeline:
    - (January 19, 2016) Applied via Indeed
    - (January 22, 2016) Phone Interview with HR professional located in New York
    - (January 26, 2016) In-Person interview with two members of the team. No real pressure, talked about qualifications and how I would fit into this position.
    - (February 2, 2016) Received E-mail stating they would not be pursuing any farther. I really liked the company and enjoyed my interview so it was a shame I did not receive an offer. However, as I mentioned, I was entry-level, so experience cannot be beat. I emailed my interviewers for feedback on my interviewing skills after being rejected and he said I did everything very well and I should keep an eye out for any future positions opening up. I am doing so actively now.

Interview Questions

• What were your two biggest weaknesses and how did you transform these weaknesses into strengths?   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed my application and within 2 weeks had a phone call to confirm I had passed the selection process and if I was still interested I would need to complete online competency tests. After completing these I then received another phone call to confirm I had passed these and I was invited to interview.

The interview itself was around an hour long with a range of questions focusing on my background and experience as well as the sort of person I was and whether I would fit in to the Hiscox way of working. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear by the end of the week as to whether I had successfully got through to the next round of interviews, however the call I received 2 days later was to tell me I'd got the job!

Interview Questions

• Why Hiscox? Lloyds Banking Group (my previous employer) have treated you very well in terms of your development and progression so what is it about Hiscox that made you apply?   1 Answer

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was telephonic, they did ask me SQL DBA questions and as well as Powershell queries, their requirement also had SQL BI as well. So I was able to answer most of the questions. it was not difficult. But they did not take me to next round saying that they need someone with advanced powershell skills but weird is that they not mentioned in their JD and also they mentioned in that feedback that they already have similar skills person in their team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about alwaysonavailability
      What is blocking how do u go ahead and troubleshoot   Answer Question

Claims Handler Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Online psychometric testing and then phone interview, followed by two 'in person' interviews(one technical and one General). First interview with HR team and management from claims, then second with two claims people.

Interview Questions

• Share an instance when you've had to deal with conflict, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

See What Hiscox Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Trainee Insurance Expert in York, England

Pros: “-Great culture with an enjoyable environment. -Fantastic staff and training plan. -Fantastic building, modern with great amenities. -Staff and customer focused ethos. I'm only...”“-Great culture with an enjoyable environment. -Fantastic staff and training plan. -Fantastic building, modern with great amenities. -Staff and customer focused ethos. I'm only 5 weeks into my employment here and have been refraining from reviewing Hiscox due to my limited experience so far. I do feel a bit better placed now to offer some honest feedback. This is arguably the best place to work in the UK, it ticks every box including boxes you didn't even know needed ticking. The recruitment process is brilliant and not daunting, there are fantastic opportunities to progress as long as you put some effort in and don't expect the world to present opportunities to you. The staff are brilliant, the work itself although challenging (particularly within business insurance) is so much more interesting than what i ever thought before. I simply cannot praise the place enough and if you are reading this unhappy in your job then apply. Even if you are not successful the process will give you a taste of what working for a decent company feels like and hopefully set you on the right path to being happy at work. If you are successful then I will see you at the pool table for a different kind of lesson.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.