Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

Underwriting Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First Round was an online test that was very manageable. The second round was a phone interview that consisted of both behavioral and case study questions. The hardest one was how to go about changing driving in the UK from the left side of the road to the right. Then I was invited to the assessment center that consisted of a presentation, a one on one interview and a group case study. Just make sure to be clear about the financials in the presentation, be very personable in the interview and get involved a lot in the group case study.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about changing driving in the UK from the left to the right side of the road.   Answer Question

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I met a representative during a college career fair, who gave me his contact info. I applied for a job in his home office, Atlanta, and followed up with him via email. Soon I was telephoned by a screener, who asked a couple questions including salary expectations (she mentioned 35k).
    After setting up a time to meet in the office with the team leader, I arrived at the Hiscox facility in Atlanta. All the questions asked of me were personal history or life goals, such as why did you choose this company/career path, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. He was an easygoing guy around 25 years old. The office seems quite young as a whole. I tried to stay in touch with him, asking for timetables, etc, but he never gave any definite info and I gave up after about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• None, no technical or situational/behavioral questions asked   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

All Day process. Met with 6 other candidates, we had to give a 20 minute presentation, there was a group work session, and then a 2 on 1 interview.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

I got through the first part which was an assessment test. After that a lady from Britain interviewed and asked the normal behavioral questions. How well do you work with a team, give me examples on that, when did you have to go through a difficult experience at work or school, give an example of that. And she there was a why Hiscox and why marketing questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Were you part of a group that made a difficult decision   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. I was contacted via email for a phone interview with HR. After the initial interview, I received an email to complete 2 cases. The basic case composed of a scenario, which I believe, HR wanted to see how you think logically. The other involved basic knowledge of MS outlook. After, I was invited to the Atlanta office for an interview, which consisted of behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

First was an IQ/Logic Based online exam, which was relatively easy if you read the questions carefully. After passing that was a phone interview, where they asked situational questions (tell me a time you...). This took about a half hour, and the lady was very nice, and the interview was not difficult at all.

I didn't hear back for another week or so, when another lady from the company called and asked a few more questions, not difficult, just very basic (confirming stuff from my resume, asking if I ever did a presentation, etc.).

A few days later I got a call asking to participate in an all assessment. This consisted of a presentation, a group project, and an interview. All the people there were very nice and approachable, and was one of the best people that I interviewed with.

The next day I got a call saying they chose another person, but actually explained why, and gave specific reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group that wasn't working well?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

This was 6 years back, had initial interview over phone. Second interview in office, met with various individuals over video conference in London and US Staff from operations to COO.

Very professional, conservative industry, so wear a proper suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• Mainly around some specific known issues with programming language.   1 Answer
    • Couple of scenarios and how you would handle those.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mostly with head hunter prior to interview with company, once agreed on terms that was honored.

Service Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Process for interviews was swift, first F2F with Service and Change team lead and member of the team. Very good interview, felt extremely welcomed. Request for the second interview came shortly after, this time with the services business lead and incumbent service operations manager. Again, really good interview.

After interviews then required to take the Watson Glazier test. Found this to be difficult as something that I wasnt normally used to. Unfortunately failed to achieve the required pass mark.

No offer due to my failure otherwise likely to have been received an offer. Would definitely try again if suitable role became open, Hiscox seem like a great place to work, ethos and outlook excellent.

Junior Reinsurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Colchester, England) in November 2019.

Interview

A week After submitting my CV I was invited to do the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Test, which was 30 mins and plenty of time to complete all the questions. A week later I was invited to an interview, there were three interviewers in which they first after the preamble discussed the role and what i would be doing. Then they asked question why insurance, why hiscox, talk to me about your previous experience and studies, why Colchester and not London and tell me something not on your CV. The interview was quite laidback and informal and more just like a discussion and showed a laidback nice work environment. In the end I didn't get the role as they preferred someone with more experience but have been shortlisted for future suitable roles

Sales Retention and Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in October 2019.

Interview

A few days after submitting my CV I had a telephone interview about 3 days later, a nice informal chat and then an email with a link to an online English & Maths assessment which was a bit daunting as it's timed but there is a practice session before the actual test and the link expires after 72hrs so don't leave it too long to do this stage. The last interview stage was the Assessment Day, well it's half a day, but it went fast. There were 5 of us as it's part of a mass recruitment drive and had a tour of the building we'll be working in, after signing non disclosure agreements we sat and listened in to the type of phonecalls we'll be handling which was very helpful and I had chance to ask the person some questions about the job after the phone call ended. After that we went up to the top floor into a nice bright room and was introduced to the team of assessors who would be working in pairs to lead is through the next stage - competency based interview questions, a mock phone call and last but not least: the group problem solving activity. I started off nervous as heck about it all but the recruitment team at Hiscox, Chelsea and James, were absolutely lovely and explained the whole process to us and answered any questions and generally put us all at ease. Interviews are always a bit nerve-wracking but they're not trying to trip you up or be intimidating, they just want to see what you're like a person instead of completing lengthy paper applications. They've made me an offer and now I'm going through the screening process which should come back in about a week at the most as they want to check that everything I've told them about myself is genuine.