Hiscox Trainee Development Underwriter Interview Questions

Updated 6 Apr 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 236 interviews

Interviews at Hiscox

Positive100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Hiscox

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox

Interview

Online application, followed by Skype interview. If successful then proceed to assessment day. The day began with general information.This was followed by a standard group teamwork task, where they are observing to see how you bounce off one another and critique other ideas. Following lunch where there was a chance to mingle with employees, there was a solo task to do with selecting potential clients, where you presented your findings alone to an Interviewer. Following that there was a two on one interview, I was asked general c.v. and motivation questions.

Interview Questions
  • A time I had showed resilience
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hiscox

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Manchester, England, England) in Aug 2013

Interview

Sent CV and covering letter online, was then contacted by telephone just days later to tell me that I would shortly be receiving a critical thinking test via email. Completed this online and was then invited to a face to face interview. The interview was relatively relaxed and definitely a good experience. Was comprised of mainly skill-based questions such as "tell me a time when you have negotiated successfully?" Also required some background knowledge on Hiscox as a company, how it is different from other insurers etc. After this interview was invited to a final interview which included a sales test where I was asked to identify a client's needs and sell him a laptop based on his requirements. This interview was slightly more technical than the last and focused more on the role itself, but not too in-depth. Standard questions such as "why do you want to work for Hiscox" and "where do you see yourself in five years time" came up again.

Interview Questions
  • What factors would you consider when insuring this building?
  • How much profit did Hiscox make last year?
1 person found this interview helpful