Hiscox Underwriting Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hiscox

2.1

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I met a representative during a college career fair, who gave me his contact info. I applied for a job in his home office, Atlanta, and followed up with him via email. Soon I was telephoned by a screener, who asked a couple questions including salary expectations (she mentioned 35k).
After setting up a time to meet in the office with the team leader, I arrived at the Hiscox facility in Atlanta. All the questions asked of me were personal history or life goals, such as why did you choose this company/career path, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. He was an easygoing guy around 25 years old. The office seems quite young as a whole. I tried to stay in touch with him, asking for timetables, etc, but he never gave any definite info and I gave up after about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• None, no technical or situational/behavioral questions asked   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hiscox

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. I was contacted via email for a phone interview with HR. After the initial interview, I received an email to complete 2 cases. The basic case composed of a scenario, which I believe, HR wanted to see how you think logically. The other involved basic knowledge of MS outlook. After, I was invited to the Atlanta office for an interview, which consisted of behavioral questions.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, completed interview process. Interview questions were pretty standard behavioral questions, nothing too unexpected nor difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I was emailed back by a woman who asked me to submit 4 questions asap then after that I completed a phone interview and after that they set up a time for a face to face

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a female recruiter via email for the Atlanta area. Email included random questions that had to be answered in a timely manner. Responded very quickly with thought out and researched answers. Never heard back from recruiter. Not even after a follow up to check on the status of the application. I would say don't waste your time here. No one has times for games in this economy.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service, prioritization question, and how to show your credibility when working with a new team,   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Dacula, GA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR went well. Received call same day to schedule interview. I interviewed with 2 leads. In my experience they appeared to be inexperienced with interviewing, which made me think the company was trying something new with having the leads as part of interview process. There were lots of strange moments that reminded me of the "The Office". Also the receptionist offered me a beverage either water or soda. I asked for a Coke & her reply was "Are you sure? You won't be burping in the interview?". My reply was I'll be just fine with a Coke & no I won't burp during the interview. I was thinking to myself, This has to be a joke or some weird way of sparking up conversation. I was insulted. I drink Coke when out for dinner casually and at elegant events and I don't burp at the table. I left there hoping they wouldn't call me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

This was my first professional interview out of college and it was fairly easy. Timeline:
    - (January 19, 2016) Applied via Indeed
    - (January 22, 2016) Phone Interview with HR professional located in New York
    - (January 26, 2016) In-Person interview with two members of the team. No real pressure, talked about qualifications and how I would fit into this position.
    - (February 2, 2016) Received E-mail stating they would not be pursuing any farther. I really liked the company and enjoyed my interview so it was a shame I did not receive an offer. However, as I mentioned, I was entry-level, so experience cannot be beat. I emailed my interviewers for feedback on my interviewing skills after being rejected and he said I did everything very well and I should keep an eye out for any future positions opening up. I am doing so actively now.

Interview Questions

• What were your two biggest weaknesses and how did you transform these weaknesses into strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I had a very long interview experience with multiple people. I sat in the same room for 3-4 hours and answered the same questions for 4 different groups of people. I met with several very new managers with no real experience and then finally the main manager who happened to be in town. Very basic interview and questions; very easy to get hired for entry level here.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I received an email about 2 weeks after I applied online. They scheduled a phone interview, the phone interview was short. She mainly asked me to go over my resume and also asked me about salary options during the phone interview...which I did not expect, at least not during a phone interview.
    I received another email a few days later to schedule a face to face interview. It was a panel style with 4 people who took turns asking me questions. They didn’t ask any behavioral questions, it was more conversational. Overall, a smooth process.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a total of six people. It was a lot of pressure but the questions asked were easy and non repetitive. It started by a phone interview from New York than moved to a person to person interview by 5 people in the location of employment.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager do I work best with.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.