Hitachi Capital (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hitachi Capital (UK) Interview Questions

Interviews at Hitachi Capital (UK)

2.9

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Newbury, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Telephone interviewer was very nice. Asked about what experience I had in customer service, mainly a 20 min chat before being advised I was being put through for second interview. Advised second interview would be around the company values and a role play. I received the second interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed by 2 people
      Some questions were :
      What is the largest and smallest team you have worked in,
      What is your communication style
      What do you know about the role you are applying for.

I had researched and had examples ready of what I had achieved around their company values, however I was not asked for any of these.
      Interview lasted an hour. Did not have the role play as suggested. Was advised I would hear in a few days but that was over a month ago and have heard nothing. I appreciate I didn't get the position as they re advertised it, but a decline email would have been polite. Thankfully I received a better offer from another company.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Leeds, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview asking about previous role and experience followed by invite to face to face interview. Face to face with 2 devs, v nice people. Went through competency questions around company values but they weren't really interested in that and quickly moved onto technical questions and I had to show some code that I had done in my own time. Discussed that and then interview was over. bout 70mins. Didn't get an offer but had strange feedback that it "felt like i was pre prepared"? Who doesn't prepare for an interview?!

Interview Questions

• Describe your development process   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Very easy going, friendly conversation which made it flow nicely. Not very structured which was pleasant! Gave me the opportunity to talk freely and express my experience with ought necessarily having all the competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked with anyone I didn’t get on with   1 Answer

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a two-stage interview process that was suitably challenging for the role I was going for. Everyone was really warm and friendly and I was made to feel welcome from the moment I walked through the door.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role you've applied for?   1 Answer

IT Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Staines, England) in October 2017.

Interview

quite informal, more of a chat than an interview. Hitachi Capital employ people, people can be trained, so the interview is more about the person than their experience and qualifications. I cam away thinking that I didn't get to tell them about all my achievements and strengths. I still got offered the job!

Interview Questions

• no specific questions, a chat about you   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Newbury, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Very 'chilled out' approach to interviewing which is very welcome.
      Consistent interviewing method.
    Extremely thorough set of questions that really get to know you and what you can do.
    Touching in the above, the company has 7 or 8 overriding question arches with a further set of questions within, this enables the interviewers to tailor the interview for the candidate.
    The interview is well spaced out for time to ensure that you have plenty of time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one time you have had to deal with conflict within a team and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Leeds, England) in August 2016.

Interview

3 20 minutes technical pairing exercises; each one taking place with different senior developers covering a single topic.
    60 mins CV and technical interview with development manager and another technical lead

Interview Questions

Hitachi Capital (UK) Response

8 Aug 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your interview with us. From your feedback it sounds like you had a thorough interview however, if you can feedback in more detail to the agency that represented you then I can investigate further.

Best Regards
    Zoe Clarke
    Talent Acquisition Manager at Hitachi Capital

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Newbury, England) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an agent and had an initial telephone conversation with them. I then was invited for a face to face interview with the Director of the department and an HR person. Interview went very well and questions were competency based. I then was invited for a second interview with the Manager of the department for more competency based questions but also questions around Hitachi values. Also very positive feeling. Unfortunately the company did not do an offer in the end and hired someone internally.

Interview Questions

• competency based questions and company values based questions   Answer Question

Hitachi Capital (UK) Response

8 Aug 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your interview with us. Thank you for describing the experience of each interview you attended, we feel its important to understand candidates technically competency just as much as if they will fit with our company values.

If you have any additional feedback around your experience with us, please do feedback to the agency that represented you.

Best Regards
    Zoe Clarke
    Talent Acquisition Manager at Hitachi Capital

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Newbury, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Great communication each step in the process and great support offered at the interview and post interview from the hiring manager and the internal HR team and the group recruiter. I received feedback from all involved and received a personal call from the hiring manager detailing the offer. I also received a contract and information in the post and again communication at each step.

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Staines, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of pre-planned generic questions that where clearly trying to get deep "insights" about me. Kudos to the two interviewers however. Made me feel really relaxed and comfortable. They were extremely nice, and upon reflection, it genuinely looked like a great place to work at. I didn't get an offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of pre-planned generic questions that where clearly trying to get deep "insights" about me.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.