Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jan 2016

2.9

Fresher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

it was a pool campus interview. nearly 10 colleges participates. round 1: written test- simple english,apptitude ,c, java ,sql,c++ (technical mcqs were really tuff) selected 90/900 round 2:grup discussion, selected 2/10 round 3: personal interview picked only 2

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Usually an on-campus then on-site interview. General questions for the on-campus. On-site interview includes a case-study - not very technical. Everyone was very friendly...likes to share more about their own experiences than getting to know you/your qualifications.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2015.

Interview

People were nice and they were very helpful during the entire application process. They were very easy to talk to and shared a lot about what they did on a day to day basis. This really helped me understand their line of work.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you were given a problem you could not solve.   Answer Question

Software Developer(Core Programming Profile) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pānīpat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pānīpat (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• data structure algo or programs   1 Answer

Negotiation

do your best and attempt only those questions you are confirmed for

Consulting Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Hitachi Consulting on campus at the University of Illinois. They had an info session after the career fair and two rounds of interviews on campus. I was shocked to find that VP's were at the info session and interviews - very cool! About a week after 2nd round interviews, I was extended an invitation to the office visit in Chicago. The office visit consisted of a hotel stay, team building activity, very nice dinner/drinks, and then interviews at the office the next day. Part of the final round interview, was a group case, which proved to be challenging as you had to come up with explanations for other team members decisions if you didn't talk about it before hand. All in all, they are just looking for good team leaders during the interview process. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. A week after the office visit, I was extended an offer and had maybe 5 people call me over two weeks to see if I had questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time as team leader when something didn't go as planned. What did you do?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pānīpat (India)

Application

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pānīpat) in October 2015. Test : 1st round - +1 for right ans & -1 for wrong answer 50 mins 40 questions - Quant +English (level easy) + more then enough time :- srategy solve english questions fastly 40 mins - Technical(SQL+C o/p questns + c++ oops concepts+ few java codes &questions) 2nd round - gd 3rd round technical 4th round hr

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Started on campus at my university, and eventually led to on site interviews at their Chicago office. Very friendly people, and the culture is amazing. I knew when I was on site for final rounds that I could see myself at Hitachi after graduation. The culture is so key especially in consulting when most people travel. To be able to secure a welcoming culture like that is challenging, and Hitachi nails it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, greatest achievements, challenges faced in groups.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university and was invited for an on campus interview with in a week of submitting my application. I met with a recruiter 1 on 1 for about 30 minutes and talked about my previous experience. I was not asked any typical behavioral questions in this interview.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a lot of typical interview questions. My interviewer basically just had me repeat everything that was on my resume.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair as well as online. The process took 2 weeks and they gave a response one week after the interview. The interviewer was friendly enough but mostly neutral toward everything that was said. They expect you to know all of the questions that will be asked beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest problem you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Champaign, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a first round interview for an hour and a half with two separate people for 45 min each. It was all behavioral and not very hard. Everyone was very nice and willing to answer questions. Second round was the next morning for 30 min. Didn't get invited to third round at their office.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you mediated a problem in a group and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question