Hitachi Consulting Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hitachi Consulting Project Manager Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took for 2 months and I had 4 interviews! 2 phone interviews with HR & Hiring Manager (separately) + 2 face-to-face interviews with VP and Director

Interview Questions

• - Project management questions (How do you manage a project?)
    - Excel questions (vLookup and pivot table)
    - Presentation questions (How do you make a speech?)
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Reston, VA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I spoke with 10 - count 'em - TEN Hitachi people - 2 VP's, 4 Directors, and 4 Senior Managers. All were very friendly and upbeat about the company - gave me the "it's a great place to work" speil. And every one of them told me I would be a great fit. Some actually said they were recommending me for hire.

It was a long process - over a month, made longer by the company's week and a half-long Holiday break.

After 4 phone interviews, I had a face to face with a VP a Director and a Senior Manager after which I had a conference-call interview with a Director and 2 of his team who were looking for a PM for their project.

After waiting a week for feedback, I finally emailed the recruiter who called back and told me "they weren't going forward" because I "wasn't a fit for the project role they're trying to fill".
    Odd, because I was never given the impression that I was being considered for only one specific project role. I don't understand why it would take 10 people, including 2 VP's to determine whether someone can fill one single project role.

for the benefit of those who might not know, there's a difference between a consulting firm and a body shop. Consulting firms hire strategically - "for the bench", as they say. They get people on board, acclimate/indocrinate them, then get them onto a suitable role with a client project. Body shops, on the other hand, hire to fill a spot.

Throughout that long interview process, I thought I was interviewing with a consulting firm. I've been around the block and I know which questions get asked and which ones to ask.

Turns out I got played. All along, I was talking to a body shop that was masquerading as a consulting firm. Had I known who I was dealing with up front, I wouldn't have let them waste a month of my time.

Interview Questions

• None Really. The usual behavioral-type questions, and some Oracle-based skills evaluation questions. Nothing I didn't answer correctly. I've been on both sides of the table so I know how the process works.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.