Hogan Lovells Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hogan Lovells Interview Questions

Interviews at Hogan Lovells

3.1

Summer Associate Interview Interview

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screener, followed by a callback process. Standard 5 interviews, met with various midlevel and senior attorneys. Some very nice interviewers, some rather bored and seemed uninterested.

Paralegal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hogan Lovells (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

applied online. heard back a week later. the first round was a phone interview that was fairly straightforward and easy. heard back about a second interview a few days later. the second and third round was at their dc office.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why Hogan Lovells, are you interviewing anywhere else, goes through resume from bottom to top.   Answer Question

Paralegal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with someone from the HR department that lasted about 8-10 minutes long. It was pretty brief and the questions were the typical interview questions. I got an email about a second in-person interview the following day. This was at their DC office and was supposed to be in person, however, the two managers in the department had to last minute travel. So it ended up being a video interview from their office. This lasted about an hour, I believe. It went pretty well and I spoke the same HR contact afterward. A few days later I was invited for the third round with 6 attorneys. The first round with the attorneys was ok, but one attorney seemed very condescending. I was very taken aback, it seemed like he was making fun of me. The second round with the attorneys was horrible. One attorney over the phone seemed very uninterested and another did not even show up. I knew that I was not going to be offered a position with the company the minute the attorney over the phone seemed uninterested.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here" "Describe a time that you failed" "How would you stay organized in this position" "Describe a time where you were given one job, but then got promoted to do more work"   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hogan Lovells (Louisville, KY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Step1 : Phone screen from IT manager.
    I was not good at phone screen, thus I email HR project reports relates to the job.
    Step2: On site Interview with a group of professional. It was not difficult, they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with Null value?   1 Answer

Senior Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hogan Lovells (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screening; meetings w/HR Director, attorneys (partners/associates/counsel), admin. assistant who administered skills assessment testing (spelling / grammar / proofreading / typing), judgment by "fit" vs. skills, qualifications, experience, work ethic, references, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you interested in leaving your current position?," " Take me through your day. What is a typical day like?," " Have you ever worked for a big law firm?," "What types of cases have you worked on?"   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hogan Lovells (Louisville, KY (US)).

Interview

One of their recruiters contacted me on LinkedIn. I was from another city in a neighboring state at the time, but was interested in possibly relocating. The recruiter gave me a list of questions they would be asking which I thought was odd. He also asked to meet me beforehand in his truck before the 8a interview which was also very odd to me. Not wanting to step on toes, I did it. I don't know if he was trying to help me out for his benefit, but I thought it was a bit unprofessional/inappropriate and it threw me off for the 9a interview to say the least.

The interview process was a bit intensive. Video conferences with several people and offices, sometimes up to 3 people in one office asking questions. I was asked questions about my background, if I could work independently and then about the patent prosecution process. It felt very intensive for a legal assistant position which I was caught off guard about. I blanked on a couple of questions and normally I interview very well.

I never heard from the company after that interview which was also a first for me. It's usually proper etiquette to respond to someone who drove 4 hours round trip to interview, especially to someone you reached out to first.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

Interview

In person. Offered the job there. It was very basic and they had me do a few computer tests. blah.In person. Offered the job there. It was very basic and they had me do a few computer tests. blah.In person. Offered the job there. It was very basic and they had me do a few computer tests. blahIn person. Offered the job there. It was very basic and they had me do a few computer tests. blah

Interview Questions

• Asked how I could help enhance the program.   1 Answer

Paralegal Clerk Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hogan Lovells in October 2018.

Interview

I heard about this firm after they advertised their position on my university job board. To be fair, I did not have a typical pre-law/business background in terms of my major/work experience, however since I am interested in international law I decided to apply anyway. After submitting an application online, I had a brief phone screening and then I invited for a 45-60 minute virtual interview with two paralegal clerk managers and two individuals currently in the position. The first part of the interview with the managers went fairly okay and was a typical first round interview (e.g. tell us about your qualifications/experiences). However, the second part of the interview with the current paralegals went fairly poorly. The entire time they challenged why I decided to apply in the first place and at one point, one of them stated that my resume did not read well for the industry. They said it at as a statement and not even a question, so I was unsure how to respond and the interview pretty much ended after that. There seemed to be a huge disconnect between my interview with the managers and my interview with the paralegals, which is why I am confused as to why I was asked to interview in the first place. Afterwards, I never heard back from them on the status of my application, although to be fair I never cared to follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to go through my resume and describe my experiences.   Answer Question

Audio/Visual Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hogan Lovells (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Really nice building. Took about 3-4 hours. Met with 4 people. 2 HR & 2 Job Related. Did good one 3 of them. might have botched one. 2 interviews were webcam.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hogan Lovells.

Interview

Basic screening questions and technical knowledge based questions. Some seemed misplaced based on the job description. The interviewer was taking notes - it did not appear that an anchored rating scale was being used.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.