Holiday Extras Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Holiday Extras Interview Questions

Interviews at Holiday Extras

2.7

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folkstone, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Folkstone, NC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The day started with an assessment as a group, which lasted until early afternoon. After if you got through the process you were asked to stay for the interview. Very professional throughout.

Interview Questions

• If I could have any job in the world, what would it be?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Bristol, England) in February 2020.

Interview

At home assessment which was then "reviewed" by a developer at Holiday Extras.

I found the review to be extremely disappointing. I was told that there were several issues with my submission, all of which didn't make sense and could be countered. The "best" one was that I was told by adding a small React hooks library I had "bloated" the web application... even though it scored 99/100 on Google Lighthouse (whilst I may add that the holidayextras home page scores less than 50!).

Interview Questions

• Create a web application which fetches images from a public API.   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Started the day with a group tasks (we designed an app) in which you have to present it to the rest of the groups.
    Another was a task they asked you to researched for before you arrived. Which was the perfect holiday destination for (your choice) either family A or family B.
    A telephone role play conversation in which they test your skills.
    They also buddy you up with someone else that is doing your role so you can see it first hand.
    They finish the day with a 1-on-1 interview/feedback session.

Interview Questions

• If you could do any job, what would it be?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England).

Interview

The process was reasonably fast and the People Team kept in constant contact throughout the process and were easy to contact to answer any questions or queries.
    The first stage of the process, involves submitting a tech test. If succesful, you will be invited for a face to face interview with someone from The People Team and Web Team. Once again, if successful at this stage you will be invited back for a Pair Programming task where you will be accessed on more of a technical level.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Friendly group task, test, and individual interview.
    As a large group, we were asked to introduce ourselves along with an interesting fact. After, we were split into sub groups and given a task to complete while the others had an individual interview. Next, there was a technical test involving debugging a ToDo list website.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you used your problem solving skills in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • What techniques do you use to manage your time.   Answer Question

Customer Contact Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

1st Stage - Presentation, Coaching Session and Data analysis task.
    2nd Stage - 2 on 1 Interview

I didn't get the job role, which is fine, but on the rejection email, I was asked if I would like feedback, which I have now asked for twice, but yet have not received anything, it now has been over a month and I still haven't received anything!!!! Poor, Poor Customer Service. I spent a lot of time preparing my presentation, rang up some managers to discuss the job role, I also came in on my own time to listen to live calls. However, this company doesn't have the courtesy to give me any feedback in why I didn't get the position or if I would like apply again in the future how I can improve. If they are doing this to External staff I couldn't imagine what they do to Internals.
    Respect external candidates as well as looking after Internal's.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with the culture change from my current employer to us?   Answer Question

Holiday Extras Response

1 Dec 2017 – Recruitment Executive

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you have had this experience of our recruitment process. It's really important to us that candidates receive a positive experience when applying for roles at Holiday Extras. We're sorry that your experience didn't match this, it would be great to have the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail. Please feel free to get in touch with the People Team at recruitment@holidayextras.com

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application, telephone interview one week later, face to face presentation with role play 3 weeks later, 1 week later face to face interview and finally another face to face interview 2 weeks later. Incredibly long delays between stages and waited 3 weeks after final interview to receive a generic rejection email after the 5 stage process after travelling to the centre three times at personal expense on days off. Disappointed with the communication time as I was recommended this role internally but due to the delay I was fortunate enough to keep my options open and have since found alternative employment. People team were however incredibly warm and lovely throughout and I cannot commend the working environment enough.

Interview Questions

• How would you reduce call handling time from your team.   1 Answer

PPC Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted roughly a week after applying and asked to attend an Assessment day the following week.Assesment day consisted of an hour long maths test and then a group presentation.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras.

Interview

In total I had 2 telephone calls, 1 group assessment day, and 1 solo interview. The total process from first call to feedback took 2 months. Everyone I spoke too at Holiday Extras were super friendly and encouraging and my interview experiences were very positive. However there was an huge lack of communication in between assessments, calls and interviews and it did feel like they couldn't be bothered. A bit more contact would have been appreciated. In summary, the interviews are positive, beneficial and non stressful but expect delays and non replies while you wait for the verdict.

Interview Questions

Holiday Extras Response

31 May 2017 – Associate People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's really important that candidates receive a positive experience when applying for roles at Holiday Extras. This includes ensuring people are updated and informed throughout. We're sorry that your experience didn't match this and we'll take this feedback on board. We wish you all the best for the future.

Undergraduate Engineering Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Extras in February 2017.

Interview

Nice and reassuring interview process. All members of staff were very friendly and easy to talk to. Several tasks set throughout the day allowing you to show off your skills. Lunch was included before a 1-1 interview which I felt very comfortable in due to it being a relaxed style of questioning.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.