Holiday Extras Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Holiday Extras Interview Questions

Updated 22 Feb 2017

2.6

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folkstone, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Folkstone, NC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The day started with an assessment as a group, which lasted until early afternoon. After if you got through the process you were asked to stay for the interview. Very professional throughout.

Interview Questions

• If I could have any job in the world, what would it be?   1 Answer

Web Engineer University of Kent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Group presentation of who we would deal with a given scenario related to holiday extras, followed by a technical test and an interview. Everyone is extremely friendly and approachable, the interview was very casual and used competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about holiday extras?
      What role did you feel you took in the group presentation?
      How do you take criticism?
      Have you ever had to provide criticism on other peoples work?
      Answer Question

Undergraduate Engineering Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Extras in February 2017.

Interview

Nice and reassuring interview process. All members of staff were very friendly and easy to talk to. Several tasks set throughout the day allowing you to show off your skills. Lunch was included before a 1-1 interview which I felt very comfortable in due to it being a relaxed style of questioning.

Partnerships Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in December 2016.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process is an Assessment Day where I was given a number of different tasks to do (individual and group). The tasks were pretty straight forward, one was analysing a report and writing an email with findings, there was a 6min sales pitch task, and a group task where we had to "sell" a product/idea to an imaginary company.

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England).

Interview

Assessment day. 4 members of staff from different roles. 11 or 12 people in the assessment. Even give us lunch!! Would recommend anyone who wants a great job at a great place.

Interview Questions

• Why have I applied for the job   1 Answer

Recruitment Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and very innovative! For my second round I was tasked with creating my own interview which I had to submit for the panel to deliver to me! The idea of the exercise was to assess my capacity as a recruiter and was a real test! The overall process was very positive!

Interview Questions

• Describe to me an environment you would not thrive in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Ashford, Kent, South East England, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview and group assessment day. Waited 6 days for a very negative refusal by email. Called several times and no answer at reception and people team on voicemail . No reply to an email sent to recruitment team. Was told that because I left teaching due to stress that I would struggle with targets in call centre when told at interview were very achievable. Teaching is an entirely different career to working in a call centre. Was even told by interviewer that he went to start teaching but dropped out.Told that I struggled to engage in interview when I answered each question in detail and was there half an hour with lots of questions at the end. Told that I wanted to work at company but not that role. Sucked every last part of confidence I had in myself out of me and really disappointed to wait 6 days for a negative email. Withheld any further job opportunities to wait to hear back. Was told I would be phoned but wasn't and simply a negative email. Would not recommend applying for the job to my friends.

Interview Questions

Holiday Extras Response

23 May 2016 – Head of People

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately due to the weekend and the bank holiday, getting feedback to you was delayed which from your end doesn't make things easier whilst waiting. We do always aim ... More

PPC Account Optimiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras in October 2015.

Interview

Assessment day consisting of test and group exercise, then a formal interview. Everyone was lovely who I met there and very helpful throughout. The office was laid back but still professional which was really unique.

SEO Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked a number of questions related to why I applied for the role, what drew me to the company, and a little about my current situation and experience. The extent of my knowledge of the role was tested and I was asked questions designed to ascertain my approach to work, and work relations. Overall, the interview experience was pleasant and my interviewers were very friendly. By the questions they asked, I felt they were trying to build a picture of me as a person, not just as a potential worker.

Interview Questions

• In a position of leadership, how would you inspire confidence and enthusiasm in others?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online by submitting a CV and covering letter through Holiday Extra's own form on their
    recruitment website. There were several stages to the interview process:

- A telephone interview where we discussed the role, team working and my interest in the job
    - A technical task to be completed from home, taking roughly a working day
    - Face-to-face interview with prospective line manager and HR representative
    - Face-to-face interview with technical staff to discuss previously completed task and experience
    - 'Meet the team' panel chat with a cross-section of technical staff
    - 1:1 pairing on a current piece of work with an existing member of staff.

At each stage everyone was friendly and approachable making it a lot less stressful as interviewee. The process felt very thorough which gave me confidence in the other team members I could be working with.

The whole process took 2-3 months in total and there were points where I didn't hear any feedback for 2-3 weeks. This did make me think that I had not been successful.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.