Holiday Extras Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Holiday Extras Interview Questions

Interviews at Holiday Extras

2.8

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras.

Interview

In total I had 2 telephone calls, 1 group assessment day, and 1 solo interview. The total process from first call to feedback took 2 months. Everyone I spoke too at Holiday Extras were super friendly and encouraging and my interview experiences were very positive. However there was an huge lack of communication in between assessments, calls and interviews and it did feel like they couldn't be bothered. A bit more contact would have been appreciated. In summary, the interviews are positive, beneficial and non stressful but expect delays and non replies while you wait for the verdict.

Interview Questions

Holiday Extras Response

31 May 2017 – Associate People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's really important that candidates receive a positive experience when applying for roles at Holiday Extras. This includes ensuring people are updated and informed throughout. We're sorry that your experience didn't match this and we'll take this feedback on board. We wish you all the best for the future.

Undergraduate Engineering Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Extras in February 2017.

Interview

Nice and reassuring interview process. All members of staff were very friendly and easy to talk to. Several tasks set throughout the day allowing you to show off your skills. Lunch was included before a 1-1 interview which I felt very comfortable in due to it being a relaxed style of questioning.

Web Engineer University of Kent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Group presentation of who we would deal with a given scenario related to holiday extras, followed by a technical test and an interview. Everyone is extremely friendly and approachable, the interview was very casual and used competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about holiday extras?
      What role did you feel you took in the group presentation?
      How do you take criticism?
      Have you ever had to provide criticism on other peoples work?   Answer Question

Partnerships Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in December 2016.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process is an Assessment Day where I was given a number of different tasks to do (individual and group). The tasks were pretty straight forward, one was analysing a report and writing an email with findings, there was a 6min sales pitch task, and a group task where we had to "sell" a product/idea to an imaginary company.

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England).

Interview

Assessment day. 4 members of staff from different roles. 11 or 12 people in the assessment. Even give us lunch!! Would recommend anyone who wants a great job at a great place.

Interview Questions

• Why have I applied for the job   1 Answer

Contact Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Long and unjustified and made to make you feel small, more interviewers than candidates, Feels like the hunger games pitched against other people to get the jobs.
    2 step progress if you make the second half then the interview really begins.

Interview Questions

Holiday Extras Response

11 Jan 2018 – Recruitment Executive

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we are sorry to hear how you feel about our assessment process.

It's really important to us that candidates receive a positive experience when applying for roles at Holiday Extras. Everyone has different strengths, and the different activities in our assessment day are intended to allow everyone the chance to shine. As part of this we also utilise the experiences of our managers and mentors to give you further insight into the role and the world of Holiday Extras.

We are always open to receiving feedback on our recruitment process so it would be great to have the opportunity to discuss this in more detail. Please feel free to get in touch with the People Team at recruitment@holidayextras.com.

Recruitment Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and very innovative! For my second round I was tasked with creating my own interview which I had to submit for the panel to deliver to me! The idea of the exercise was to assess my capacity as a recruiter and was a real test! The overall process was very positive!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Ashford, Kent, South East England, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview and group assessment day. Waited 6 days for a very negative refusal by email. Called several times and no answer at reception and people team on voicemail . No reply to an email sent to recruitment team. Was told that because I left teaching due to stress that I would struggle with targets in call centre when told at interview were very achievable. Teaching is an entirely different career to working in a call centre. Was even told by interviewer that he went to start teaching but dropped out.Told that I struggled to engage in interview when I answered each question in detail and was there half an hour with lots of questions at the end. Told that I wanted to work at company but not that role. Sucked every last part of confidence I had in myself out of me and really disappointed to wait 6 days for a negative email. Withheld any further job opportunities to wait to hear back. Was told I would be phoned but wasn't and simply a negative email. Would not recommend applying for the job to my friends.

Interview Questions

Holiday Extras Response

23 May 2016 – Head of People

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately due to the weekend and the bank holiday, getting feedback to you was delayed which from your end doesn't make things easier whilst waiting. We do always aim to ensure our candidates have a positive experience during the recruitment process so I am saddened that on this occasion you don't feel that this has happened. We would be more than happy to discuss this with you in more detail should you wish.

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in January 2016.

Interview

5 hour assessment day consisting of fun and ice breakers, group tasks, role play on and off the phones and an interview.

It was actually really relaxed. Large group of interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

PPC Account Optimiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras in October 2015.

Interview

Assessment day consisting of test and group exercise, then a formal interview. Everyone was lovely who I met there and very helpful throughout. The office was laid back but still professional which was really unique.