Holland & Barrett Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Holland & Barrett Retail

2.3

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Bedford, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Lots of standard questions asking for examples of times you’ve experienced things and times you’ve done things, really wanted to know about my interest in health and wellness. Then went onto shop floor and asked me to tell her things I’d improve and a role play of serving a customer

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied to Holland and Barrett in particular? Talk to me about your interest in health   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in July 2016.

Interview

Had a 20minute shop floor trial you are asked to try to sell loyalty cards, as well and learn about a product and sell it. Then just a classic interview

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have for this position   2 Answers

Assistant Interview

Interview

one to one interview

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (London, England) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruited internally when manager left. Be fully briefed on targets, rewards for life cards, ISWAT, a presentation on what you can do to hit targets and boost your team. Area manager, and Divisional manager hold interviews.

Interview Questions

• Think of being on The Apprentice, and brace yourself. 'So what do you think you can bring to x store?'   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation it was what it was.

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton upon Trent, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Burton upon Trent, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Inflexible over time of interview, no information for finding the location or sheet to park etc. Never gave any feedback after interview even just to say thanks but no thanks. Total waste of time and petrol as they already had somebody in mind who already worked for Holland and Barrett so a poor excuse for getting my hopes up and having to go through the interview process for a non existent position.

Interview Questions

• Was I prepared to work ( free) extra hours to ensure accounts data was sent to the us holding company on time   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nuneaton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Nuneaton, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by two women, one who had been there for 3 years, the other 3 months. I felt quite intimidated throughout, I definitely felt as though I was being spoken down to and the sly little side-eye looks between them were incredibly obvious. They acted as though I was stupid and couldn't possibly comprehend the 'workload' (it's not that difficult to do the same thing every day I promise you), and the main emphasis was on the fact that they were a HUGE company. Huge. So huge. Just really really huge and I couldn't possibly keep up with the amount of invoice processing there was, because it was just so huge. No, I'm not joking.

Interview Questions

• How many invoices do you normally process on a weekly basis.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview, a face to face with the regional and then an interview with a director. I prepared a presentation for my first face to face with the regional and we went through it but the Director did not go through this. The director is more interested in how you deliver results and what kind of person you are. Overall the interview process was good although I wasn't so sure about the job after the phone interview. I later found out I was the last person at 6.30 after a full day of phone interviews. When I met face to face my opinion really changed. The passion and commitment to the company really sold it to me and I felt it was a team I really wanted to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• Questioned around the brand values and asked to give examples of how you would live them   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then two interviews . First with rsm then with the director.i had to do swot analisys for both of the meetings. They do t ask any tricky questions

Interview Questions

• How would you manage poor performance   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Interview

Phone Interview, RM Interview, Store Visit, Final Stage, had to fly to Birmingham for final stage (I live in Ireland and I paid for flights hotels etc) Don't waste your time with this they have unrealistic expectations of what they are looking for on a minimal budget.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a manager who is underperforming   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Applied online. Invited for an interview 2 days later. I had to pick a time slot. Interview went very well with a lovely manager who made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.