Home Office Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 83 of over 83 interviews

Recruiter1%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Home Office

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Home Office in Aug 2021

Interview

Online interview over Launch Pad. The first question is an ice-breaker and they gave me 15 seconds to prepare and 60 seconds to answer. 7 questions followed, most of which were 45 seconds preparation time and 4 minutes to answer. Some others 30 seconds prep and 3 minutes to answer. I suggest blurring your camera so that you don't get distracted.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you have had to make an objective and impartial decision. Please provide an example of when you had to communicate a difficult or complex piece of information. Describe a time when you have worked quickly to deliver a piece of work whilst following set procedures. Describe a time when you have focused on improving the service that customers receive.
    Answer Question
25 people found this interview helpful

Home Office

Application

I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

honestly - it was totally amazing - best interview ever - super easy and simple - very straightforward and i like my job a lot get to learn a lot smooth process in interview no trick questions at all

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Home Office

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Office in Aug 2021

Interview

Online video interview where you record your answers. 3 questions based on the behaviors they asked for and 3/4 strength based questions. Some 'questions' are just showing proof of ID and other formalities. Some questions will have sub-questions to help you along if you are stuck but don't let it distract you from your usual STAR presentation you have practiced, only look at them after you have said your main piece then use them to add-on anything you have missed.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do in your free time? (Icebreaker) Tell us about a time when you have had to make an objective and impartial decision. (Making Effective Decisions) Please provide an example of when you had to communicate a difficult or complex piece of information. (Communicating and Influencing) Describe a time when you have focused on improving the service that customers receive. (Managing a Quality Service) Are you a person that seeks new information? (Strength) How do you manage stressful situations? (Strength) How do you make impartial decisions? (Strength)
16 people found this interview helpful

Home Office

Application

I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

Submitted on-line Application Waited over a month for interview in London 3 interviewers for morning of interview; all project manager/leaders. Interview took best part of morning. Waited a couple of weeks for result Overall, professional and well organised.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had to persuade people round to your way of thinking. How did you handle difficult situations in a team

Home Office

Application

I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

Its one round interview and interview was good about java and a small technical test to check your coding skills. Mostly on some basic of java and your CV. there are 2 member in the panel and they are friendly

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Home Office

Application

I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

A few simple questions structured around giving examples of times when you'd demonstrated certain skills e.g. overcoming a challenge or problem solving. There were also some motivation questions which were fine.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a challenge you faced and how you overcame it.

Home Office

Application

I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

Submit behaviours using STAR method. Received score for them and was invited for interview. 3 people on the panel. Main recruiter was the only one who asked loads of questions which used up the full hour and the other two who work in the team just asked the behaviours and didn't ask any follow up. Found the recruiter who deals with applicants rude and seemed to have already made up her mind to not offer me the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Home Office

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Office in May 2021

Interview

Virtual interview without a panel physical panel. A set of 12 questions where the interviewee has two minutes to record his answer. 15 seconds are given in between questions for the interviewee to make quick notes and think of their answer before it starts recording the answer. 2 weeks after submitting my questions I received the response

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you have had to make an objective and impartial decision. Please provide an example of when you had to communicate a difficult or complex piece of information. Describe a time when you have worked quickly to deliver a piece of work whilst following set procedures? Describe a time when you have focused on improving the service that customers receive? How do you inspire people who have lost passion for their work? What do you do when something doesn't go to plan?
17 people found this interview helpful

Home Office

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

Awful interview. Quite possibly the worst interview I've ever had the displeasure of doing. Panel of 3 people. Main interviewer was extremely rude and patronising, and he made sarcastic comments throughout the interview. Asked me what my main skills were and when I responded, he said things like "Well let's see if you show that in the interview then". I was interrupted at least twice because I "hadn't understood the question" even though I was just starting to answer it. Main interviewer interrupted me and told me what I was trying to say and at one point blurted he'd "heard enough". The main interviewer also spoke over the other interviewer a few times. Visibly yawned during some answers. At the end when I asked one question he said "is that it? You don't have any more questions?". Feedback was somewhat OK, some valid points, but coincidentally marked me the lowest in the skill I said I had the most strength on. Overall, it felt like the interviewer didn't like me from the start, had no interest in what I had to say.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to have a difficult conversation with someone
1 person found this interview helpful

Home Office

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

Online application form. Online tests, verbal and situational judgement tests. The problem with these tests are, that they can stop you getting any further as you can't submit your application unless you get a high enough score. Took a month to hear back that I got an interview. Interview was around 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Describe a time you had to work under pressure to achieve a goal?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Interviews