Home Office Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 75 of over 75 interviews

Recruiter1%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Home Office

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

Awful interview. Quite possibly the worst interview I've ever had the displeasure of doing. Panel of 3 people. Main interviewer was extremely rude and patronising, and he made sarcastic comments throughout the interview. Asked me what my main skills were and when I responded, he said things like "Well let's see if you show that in the interview then". I was interrupted at least twice because I "hadn't understood the question" even though I was just starting to answer it. Main interviewer interrupted me and told me what I was trying to say and at one point blurted he'd "heard enough". The main interviewer also spoke over the other interviewer a few times. Visibly yawned during some answers. At the end when I asked one question he said "is that it? You don't have any more questions?". Feedback was somewhat OK, some valid points, but coincidentally marked me the lowest in the skill I said I had the most strength on. Overall, it felt like the interviewer didn't like me from the start, had no interest in what I had to say.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to have a difficult conversation with someone
    Answer Question

Home Office

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

Online application form. Online tests, verbal and situational judgement tests. The problem with these tests are, that they can stop you getting any further as you can't submit your application unless you get a high enough score. Took a month to hear back that I got an interview. Interview was around 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Describe a time you had to work under pressure to achieve a goal?

Home Office

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Office in May 2021

Interview

Virtual interview without a panel physical panel. A set of 12 questions where the interviewee has two minutes to record his answer. 15 seconds are given in between questions for the interviewee to make quick notes and think of their answer before it starts recording the answer. 2 weeks after submitting my questions I received the response

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you have had to make an objective and impartial decision. Please provide an example of when you had to communicate a difficult or complex piece of information. Describe a time when you have worked quickly to deliver a piece of work whilst following set procedures? Describe a time when you have focused on improving the service that customers receive? How do you inspire people who have lost passion for their work? What do you do when something doesn't go to plan?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gillingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Home Office (Gillingham, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

After completing online tests and submitting my statement of suitability I was invited for a Skype interview with a panel made of two people. Really friendly experience, one asking questions related to strengths and the other to behaviours. Interview took around 40 minutes and I was able to ask questions at the end

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Home Office (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Very simple process. Conducted online due to coronavirus. Asked 9 questions and proof of identity. Although the process takes a very long time, there are long periods of time with no contact in regard to the application.

Interview Questions
  • How would you help someone that lacks motivation at work?

Home Office

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Home Office in Feb 2021

Interview

Online interview via Skype. All instructions were sent prior to interview. Had documents checked before the interview started. I was interviewed by two people, both friendly and put me at ease.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when I've had to manage competing priorities to deliver high quality outcomes
  • Describe a time when I've had to communicate a complex subject matter to an audience
  • Describe a time when I've contributed to the professional development of others and how that helped me to develop.
  • Do you enjoy analysing large amounts of data
  • Would you describe yourself as a detailed-oriented person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Home Office (Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Online verbal reasoning and judgement tests, once these are passed successfully, you are invited to complete application form, with one competency statement. Panel interview approx. 6 weeks later via Skype. Interview results and feedback 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Would people describe you as dynamic? Tell us about a time you have had to work with people outside of your immediate team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

Interview

Application by CV and letter of suitability, paper sift and shortlist followed by physiological and skills tests with a 1:1 assessment. Interview stage consists of 5 min presentation, then panel Q+A. Friendly and engaging senior team . Overall time consuming and slow, the Home Office HR department makes your average tortoise look athletic. Disappointing to repeatedly see the internals being hired.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you have dealt with a dissatisfied senior stakeholder.

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Office (Croydon, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Skype - very comfortable and easy going managers - friendly and explained everything well. Informative panel and made me feel welcomed. the interview lasted 1 hour and will receive a decision in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • STAR STYLE QUESTIONS - how have you contributed to your firm and how have you helped a colleague

Home Office

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Home Office

Interview

I was greeted at reception, then moved to a small interview room where there was only myself and the inteviewer present. What was perhaps supposed to be a standard, by-the-book interview quickly changed into an informal, friendly chat between the two of us. The atmosphere was relaxed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Interviews