Home Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Home Office

3.2

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Office (London, England) in May 2020.

Interview

Telephone interview lasting up to 30 minutes. There were 2 interviewers in the conference call. 4 questions were asked. A successful candidate at this stage would move onto a panel interview on a later date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a problem and how you fixed it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to change someone's mind.   Answer Question
    • How you explain to someone a concept they didn't understand?   Answer Question
    • I you had a large number of tasks, how would you organise the order you did them?   Answer Question

Digital Development Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Office in May 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was very formal and the interviews didn't make you feel very relaxed. There were about 7 questions and they wanted you to answer as fully as possible, using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you learnt a skill and what you learnt about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a research project that you were proud of and why did you choose those research methods?   1 Answer

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Office (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Skype business call setup
    Panel of three- All from QA,Director,manager and Senior QA dialled in
    First an introduction was provided about the three of then , DDAT and working.Then all three asked questions around my experience, situation questions.
    I was made to feel comfortable and all of them patiently listened to my answers and were smiling through out the call

Interview Questions

• Experience based- What would you do if a product were to go live next week - what testing would you prioritize?
      You have just joined the company and its your first week.There is a release end of the week and there is a dependancy on one of the other teams to deliver before but they cannot commit to a timeline.How would you go about with going live?
      There are p2 bugs and the QA manager and product wants to go live.Would you agree to g live and fixing the bugs later. If not,How will you convince them and what steps you will take?   Answer Question

DDaT Interview

Interview

Took a month to get back to me after the interview, which could've done with being a lot shorter. The questions were all the Competency Based Interview type, the key to which is just wrote learning some situations you've been in based off of their Success Profiles, whilst remembering to hammer home buzz words/behaviours. Or so I learnt, after the fact.

Interview Questions

Interview

Online application based on Civil Service behaviors followed by an interview. They often ask you to give another example that provided on the application form. All questions will focus on the competencies they asked you to provide on the application form. Your answer should follow the STAR system (Situation, Task, Action, Result) or you will be unlikely to pass. This method makes it easy for the panel to follow your example and tick off the behaviors you have met.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of a time when you have needed to deliver a piece of work to a tight deadline.   Answer Question

Apprentice Cyber Interview

Interview

There were 2 interviewers, 1 from HR and one from the department. They ask preset questions that they ask all candidates, and cannot change the phrasing. It was a combination of competences and strengths for just under an hour. The first to questions are just to help you relax (e.g. where would you recommend us to travel to).

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Office (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

It was a pretty interesting interview - the HR personnel was not very prepared, I was asked about the requirements of a different job at first.... so I had to make it clear after 5 minutes that it's the wrong room for one of us.... unpleasant.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was asked to propose solutions to two problems. I had thirty minutes to prepare a quick sketch of my ideas which I pitched to the interviewers. The second part of the interview was to provide answers to competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Not the actual question but went along the lines of: Give an example of a time when you demonstrated leadership (consult civil service competency framework for more information)   1 Answer

Executive Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Office.

Interview

Online Application Form
    Online Situational Judgement Test

If successful at online application and tests then you are invited to an assessment Venue. This was at a Hotel.

Upon arrival at the assessment all ID and proof of qualifications were requested.

All candidates then sat a 75 minute written assessment.

Written assessment was marked and only if a pass mark was reached were you invited for interview.

Interview was around 50 minutes long and was competency based and strengths based.

Eo Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Office (London, England).

Interview

Very good hiring and interview process... the whole thing was very easy and fair.I will recommend someone to apply. if you are already employed, do not leave your job until you get a notification that you are cleared

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.