HomeServe UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Nov 2018

Sort:

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in May 2014.

Interview

FIrst was a phone interview to find out what you knew about the business, followed by an Interview - scenario/competency based questions. There wa sone person interviewing and another writing notes
    Phone role play - hadto sit in call centre and read script to sell policy to a member of staff and deal with a couple of objections.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you dealt with a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   2 Answers

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Professional. 2 Interviews, first to see if the job would fit me and if I would fit the job. Questions such as what do I think the role would entail, then a description of what the role actually entailed and whether or not I would be happy with this. Secondary more about personality as to whether I'd fit in with the company.

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Preston, North West England, England) in August 2014.

Interview

quick and efficient however very lengthy process with welcoming features. Recruitment officer was very welcoming and friendly.
    overall the full recruitment process was very professional togerther with individual roles assigned and designated with dedication.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Excellent - very informal and personable following the initial online tests. Very refreshing not to go through the usual "competency" questions which really show nothing about someones true character or skills

IT Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK.

Interview

Got an appointment with the department manager and one of the engineers, however instead the manager there was just two techs. OK still, the meeting was very nice and in good atmosphere, relevant questions and very good feelings on both sides. After 1.5 hours of tech and caracter drilling the engineers call in the manager since they were very impressed.

And again, very good contact, good questions, dialog on both sides, tour of the place, bit of introduction to the company, more details of the post and future plans.

After over 2 hours we agree to do one more meeting just to get the remaining few details in, the manager assures me they will prepare a good package and if I get any offers elswhere they will top them.
    Last handshake till the next meeting with the directors for the final chat and I'm off.

Two weeks of silence, nothing.

Response: Unfortunately we will not be proceeding with your application to the final stage.

Go figure.

Interview Questions

• Couple tricky tech questions, nothhing one on such level could not handle. Other than that the usuall caracter evaluation stuff.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK.

Interview

Formal interview process which involved two tiers of interviewers.
    Regional manager followed by operations director
    Many questions about how to deal with situations.
    High expectations from what they would expect from successful candidate.
    Discussions over budgets and achieving targets
    Dealing with staff unrest and relocation

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with staff objections if you were to relocate.   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview format for HomeServe nearly always follows a competency based format; I really do not believe that this format ensures you hire the correct candidate as people can simply make things up on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you have had to work across boundaries, and how did you achieve it.   1 Answer

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Birmingham, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Applicants are sent some basic questions by email before the first interview about why they feel they are a good fit for the role.

The first interview starts with an overview of your careers history followed by competency based questions based on company's commitments.

The second stage of the interview process involves a “consultancy" meeting with one of the business directors the applicant would work with if they were successful.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you've done the right thing, maybe at the expense of one of your personal goals   Answer Question

Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sevenoaks, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Sevenoaks, England) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was a 3 stage interview, phone 1, phone 2 and face to face.it was a little easier to me as my interviewers i have known since i first started over 2 years ago. The whole process was relaxed, I was always kept in the loop as to what was happening. Although i had no qualifications in H&S they understood that i would not know some of the more technical questions, however i was still marked in the same way as everyone else who went in for it. A very firm but fair process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move into H&S?   1 Answer

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviews but 3 weeks between the 2 interviews. Very positive feedback during the process, however following the final interview, was just told no. Felt slightly like been dropped from a great height. The interviewer was very poor at engaging and didn't provide any insight into the role or company. This made me think my first interview hadn't been successful, however I was invited back for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard competency based questions   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.