HomeServe UK Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 89 of over 89 interviews

Recruitment Agency12%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (London, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online, had a telephone call explaining the role and then had a one to one video interview due to covid, then had another call around a week later offering me the job role.

Interview Questions
  • tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation at work
    Answer Question

HomeServe UK

Application

I interviewed at HomeServe UK

Interview

Very smooth and friendly with a clear conversation of what to expect. An environment that puts the candidate at ease in order to get the most of them and allow them to be themselves instead of just an image.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

HomeServe UK

Application

I interviewed at HomeServe UK

Interview

Really smooth and very helpful interview. It was step by step procedure and role play. Interviewer was really calm and relaxing listening to what she needed to note down. Definitely a yes

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Nottingham, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Ice breaker - getting to know yourself and what experience and background you have. Competency questions- situation based questions. Role play - phone call alongside a script which is needed to be followed to see potential of candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Preston, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Preston, England) in Jun 2020

Interview

Interview was held over zoom during to COVID, was given a scenario and had to do roleplay with interviewer playing the role of customer, also lots of questions starting “tell me about a time ….”

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you dealt with conflict between colleagues

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (London, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

The interview was done over the phone with some questions on qualifications and previous experience .Was also ran through how they work and what was expected over all before going to next stag a nice interview process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Birmingham, England)

Interview

Went for a interview a few months ago. As with every interview I attend, I spend a lot of time preparing as well as having time off work to attend. Given that Homeserve claim they are a professional company, it is very unprofessional not to get back in touch to let me know how I got on. I was advised by the hiring Managers that they would let me know the following week, yet no one bothered to get in touch. Homeserve have had many problems over the years and I thought they had changed. This behaviour shocked me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Preston, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview process were of 4 stages: 1. group activity 2. panel Interview 3.listening to live phone calls in the calls centre 4.role play demonstrating a phone call. The interview was overall hard. The first stage is the easy part and the last 2 stages were easy. The interview were hard and unexpected questions came up.

Interview Questions
  • Many competency based questions requiring the STAR technique.

HomeServe UK

Application

I interviewed at HomeServe UK

Interview

One to one informal chat, role play with a group, one to one interview,and phone assessment Useful feedback was given on what went well and what didn't The interview process was quite long and competitive but did well to stand out from the rest of the crowd

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Madrid) in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied through a LinkedIn Adv. I had one face to face interview with Global Talent Director that came to Madrid for the interview, then I was passed to skype interviews with HVAC CEO ( Decision making person ) and then UK HVAC CEO and Global Finance Manager. After this, and with everything apparently going perfect ( They called it " a perfect fit for both" after these interviews and declared to be "very lucky to have found me" because I was "exactly what they were looking for" ) , I was assigned by the CEO herself to build a Whole Marketing Plan and strategy for Homeserve's UK Boiler Business, that currently is running without any strategy further than trying to sell to actual members, losing margin and revenue due to new disruptive platforms and with a total lack of HVAC value proposition . Not enough, I was also asked to work and build another full Marketing Integration plan for all new acquired companies once they do not have any . Today, Homeserve HVAC is just a M&A operation with just financial consolidation of acquired companies but with no common Brand, Marketing Strategy, Systems, Product or Value Proposition at all. I spent 20 days working 15 hours a day including weekends to build both Strategical Plans once the feedback I received was really good. During this process, I communicated that I have found many basic Marketing and Strategic problems and they asked me to provide practical solutions to it. Therefore I assumed that after the interviews with key decision making persons and after providing me with such a huge assignment, I was totally on board and that we were just gaining time to the final meeting with the ( already positively interviewed ) CEO. The CEO came to see me to Madrid and I got also interviews the very same day with Global Strategy Director and HVAC Spain Director. I presented my strategic plans and we discussed for some hours about details, plannings, costs, value proposition and so on. During the meetings, they did a lot of questions, took notes and basically agreed with my analysis and proposed solutions. The CEO took the full consultancy work and after two days I received a short email saying that it was not the right moment for them and asking me to work as external consultant in the future. Be aware that Homeserve looks for free external consultancy using senior candidates. If called by them, do the interviews but if they request to work on something, most probably you will be working for free.

Interview Questions
  • They asked for two complete Marketing Plans for their biggest global problems. Poor shrinking sales and negative results in UK Boiler Business ( Shrinking business due to total lack of value proposition and Marketing Strategy ) and integration of acquired companies. They do not have any Marketing basics or even a simple brand platform activated. Not even considered, not planned. Nothing.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 89 Interviews