HomeServe UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HomeServe UK Interview Questions

Updated 16 Nov 2017

Senior SEO & Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for a different role, but HomeServe’s Recruitment Operations Team Leader (Vicki), spotted that my skillset would be a good fit for the Senior SEO & Content Manager role. So, after a quick phone call, Vicki set up an interview with the Head of Communications.

My first interview was competency based, but felt extremely friendly and informal; which really made the whole experience a happy one.

The second interview was with the Brand Director and involved a presentation task (which was in-depth, but I really enjoyed putting together) – and again, it felt very friendly and informal.

From the first phone call with Vicki, through to interviews with the Head of Communications and the Brand Director - this has been the best recruitment process I've experienced (and not just because I got the job): All involved have been very friendly, approachable, and their passion for HomeServe is truly contagious.

I also wanted to note that throughout the process, Vicki has been constantly at hand to answer any questions – she’s organised, super friendly and fantastic at her job.

Interview Questions

• Skillset review & proof of experience. Plus technical SEO knowledge.   Answer Question

HomeServe UK Response

17 Nov 2017 – Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and welcome to HomeServe! we can't wait for you to start!

Reward & Benefits Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in July 2017.

Interview

15 minute presentation with 3 topics to pick from and prepare for ahead of the interview followed by questions. Technical Questions about experience and Competency Questions linked to Company values

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to stand up for something you believed in? (Wording is approx)   2 Answers

Outbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in July 2017.

Interview

When you arrive you go for a short presentation introducing the company and what they do, then you have a little tour round and again get a description of the departments and what they do then you have an interview.. if successful you go back for an assessment day with tasks including team work, call listening & role play.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have put forward an idea at work that has helped the team   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in June 2017.

Interview

First I Applied online. Had a telephone interview first. Progressed onto assessment day, included role play, interview and group task. Very organised day, good experience. Everyone was very friendly

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you have suggested a change in management   Answer Question

Head of Fraud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Poor experience. 8 weeks between interview and any form of contact from this business. I had sent 3 emails asking for an update as feedback was desired and was told on two occasions due to diary mix ups interviews were still ongoing. Was then called a week later to advise the role was no longer required and apologised for wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our business?   1 Answer

Internal Communications Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the tole online. I then got a call back from a recruiter and a first interview was organised. The whole process was fairly straightforward and well managed.

Interview Questions

• What have you learnt about the company since applying?
      How do you mange multiple projects at once?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online on their portal. Was approached by a HR personnel on the phone asking me rudimentary questions about my situation, availability for a phone interview etc. The whole conversation lasted less than 10 mins. I was then sent an email detailing the nature of the telephone interview which clearly mentioned 'a discussion around your CV and experience to date, lasting up to 30 mins'. On the interview day, as opposed to the 2 interviewers mentioned, only one was present - which is my way of judging how serious a company is about its process. The interviewer didn't even apologise or mention the absence of the other interviewer. And so began the interview!

As this was a 30 min interview, I was summarising my answers and presenting just an overview of my experience. Moreover, a fire alarm went off in the office building I was present which, I could tell, had a negative effect on the interviewer. He wrapped the interview in about 15 mins.

An hour later, I received a call from HR telling me that I was unsuccessful because my responses were brief in the competency interview and I had a brief hybrid role on one of my projects. I explained that this was a telephone interview that's why they were brief and it’s odd that Homeserve takes a previous hybrid role as negative as all the other organisations I know of take this as a strong point. She also mentioned that I was in a train station or a public place as there was a lot of noise. I explained that I was in my office building and had booked a meeting room, but there were some people in next room having appreciation day - something I had no control over and could not predict. Anyhow, I thanked her!

This was a bad experience from start to finish as one person turning up hindered the process and his 'assumption' that I was in a public place had a negative effect on the process which was evident in the outcome. Thankfully, I wouldn't waste my time with a company that thinks branching out to other parts of project management is a negative point.

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Interview

Cv upload, tel interview very laid back, first stage face to face and finally second stage. All relaxed and fair process. They were really fair and organised interviews around my annual leave. They were quick to respond to any queries. Strange to say as I was not offered, one of the best and fastest processes which is always good as you're not wondering where you stand.

Interview Questions

• all based around the principles and your experience. again nothing too complex. fair and good experience   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK.

Interview

Formal interview process which involved two tiers of interviewers.
    Regional manager followed by operations director
    Many questions about how to deal with situations.
    High expectations from what they would expect from successful candidate.
    Discussions over budgets and achieving targets
    Dealing with staff unrest and relocation

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with staff objections if you were to relocate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeServe UK.

Interview

2 way interview followed by presentation - Typical interview using competency based questions based on examples. i was able to use past experience to answer the questions fully. There were 2 interviewers but only one of them asked questions

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.