Hotjar Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hotjar Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotjar

4.0

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Basically they hire the people that choose an earlier interview date and not the people with the best skills. I applied, I sent the videos and I got an interview offer. They send me a set of dates to choose for the interview, covering August and September. I chose 10 of September, send an email asking if I should choose an earlier date. The response was "no don't worry, we hire constantly for this job now".
Ten days before my interview, I get an email that they found all the people they need and my interview is cancelled.

I have never heard a company do that, hire the people they interviewed first and not wait a couple of weeks to see if there is someone better that applied. The CEO should be furious about this, I sent him an email but no response.

I got some apologies and confused "explanations" and how this has "never happened", but that doesn't change anything. If I chose an earlier interview date, I would have a job now. And the worst is that I asked if I should and they said no.

Apparently the company is not a serious one. If these are the recruiting techniques, you can imagine how the rest of the company functions. If you still want to apply (and why not, you probably won't even have any tasks, just sit and wait until they try to organise their tasks), take my advice and pick the earliest date of interview they offer.

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

20 Sep 2019 – VP of Operations

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm aware of the specific situation you've described and I apologize that this happened. We screwed up. It was completely our fault.

The hiring manager for this role had a number of positions open at the same time and an abnormally large influx of high-quality candidates applied. Due to a number of circumstances (which were all oversights on our end) we got ahead of ourselves and scheduled more interviews within an elongated time period than we have previously and than we should have. The impact was that we hired for this role much, much sooner than anticipated and it resulted in us canceling your interview. We’re very sorry about that. It’s not our norm and it is understandable why this upset you.

Please know we take your feedback seriously and we have taken internal steps to improve in this area so we don't repeat it. These steps include, amongst other things, not scheduling interviews too far in advance and not scheduling so many simultaneously. We've reviewed this with the hiring manager involved in the role you applied for and we're updating our process documentation to note this for all of our hiring managers.

Please know that our CEO is currently away on leave. I'm confident he'll reply to your email when he returns. This is an area he cares deeply about.

Thanks again for the feedback and if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns you can reach out to us anytime by emailing peopleops@hotjar.com.

Other Interview Reviews for Hotjar

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar in August 2019.

Interview

Hotjar follows a 5 stage interview process which includes:
    - Filling out an online form/questionnaire,
    - Submit a video of yourself answering 5 different questions
    - Phone interview with representatives from HR and, in my case, Business Intelligence
    - 3 Day Task and Task presentation, spread over 2 weeks ( Paid )
    - Chat with the CEO and offer

I personally skipped the first 2 steps as I had a referral and they were looking for a very similar profile to mine.

Overall it was very good, especially the task stage, which gives the chance to both sides to get to know each other faster and better.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't work in business intelligence?   1 Answer

Hotjar Response

30 Oct 2019 – VP of Operations

Welcome to the team and thanks for the feedback! It's exciting to see our employee referral program working. It's only been in place for a few months and it's taking off.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.