Hotjar Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 136 of over 136 interviews

Recruiter4%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hotjar (London, England) in Dec 2021

Interview

Quite an involved application process as Hotjar require answers to two specific questions (with examples) as well as performance metrics as part of a writing portfolio. So potentially a lot of work to pull it together. I had previously reached the video interview stage during a previous application. This time round I didn't get past the application stage - but I also tracked my links, so I was really disappointed to discover that Hotjar didn't even view my portfolio (!) after specifically requesting it should include certain information. The automated email says they don't offer application feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about the creative piece you’re most proud of. Why are you proud of it and what was your role and impact in this project? Please provide a link, where applicable.
    Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when testing had a big impact on copy you worked on.
  • Please describe the team set-up you feel most comfortable and creative in.

Hotjar

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotjar

Interview

The calll took around 40 minutes. The Recruiter on the other side sems not to be really motivated to conduct the Interview, what might be a bad sign of the HR /Recruitment team commitment with the company. Very general questions. For a company that is all the time saying provides a great candidate experience, I was really disapointed. few days later got a rejection e-mail without the feeling I had the option to show all my skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

228 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birkirkara

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (Birkirkara) in Nov 2021

Interview

The interview process is INTENSE. If you get offered the job, I imagine it's well worth it. But after dedicating a month of my life to this process, the rejection was a real kick in the teeth.

Interview Questions
  • Video interview questions, form submission questions, as well as a final task.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I interviewed at Hotjar (Berlin)

Interview

Very elaborate interview process, beginning with a video "interview" where you essentially have to interview yourself in 60 second chunks! It's very strange. That's followed by more interviews with actual people and then a rather large task. Interview questions (which you have to ask and answer yourself!) were awfully generic "Why do you want to work for us etc." More like questions aimed at marketing/sales reps rather than creatives or tech people. I've worked in recruitment myself and I've noticed more and more companies employing overly elaborate recruitment procedures in an apparent effort to isolate some unicorn candidate who it seems can't be discovered by the age old method of (a) looking at their past work and (b) talking to them. Seems unwieldy and imo looks like a overreliance on box ticking and procedure which handily takes the onus off the employer in the whole recruitment process.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (Cardiff, Wales) in Aug 2021

Interview

One of the most unique, interesting and well organised recruitment processes I’ve experienced. Shortly after sending my application, I was asked to answer some questions in short 1 minute videos. Following this, I was invited to an interview with a Lead and member of the team. I usually get quite nervous and struggle with interviews but the people I spoke with really put me at ease and it felt more like a two way conversation than the usual grilling. It’s the first time I’ve ever come away from an interview thinking ‘I enjoyed that’! Next, I was invited to arrange a date to collaborate with the team and complete some tasks. This stage is around 3 days work that you can complete at your own pace around other commitments over 2 weeks and Hotjar very kindly compensate you for your time. To complete the tasks I had to work with more of the team that I’d likely be working with if I was successful. This was a great two way opportunity to get a feel for how it would feel to work with each other. It was also a good opportunity to find out more about working at Hotjar. I really enjoyed completing the tasks, they were challenging and feedback from the team was invaluable. I got more of a sense of achievement during this stage than I’d had at any point from working in my current job. Every person I met from the team made me feel really welcome and couldn’t have been more helpful or supportive. After this stage, I was invited to present the work I’d completed in my tasks to the Lead and member of the team I’d interviewed with in the earlier stage. I’m not usually great at presentations but as I enjoyed the interview in the earlier stage, was looking forward to talking with them again. Throughout this part, both of the people I presented the tasks too did a great job of making me feel at ease, this really helped. I also felt like they were genuinely interested in the work I’d done which was really nice. The next stage was a chat with one of the Exec team. The person I spoke too for this stage made me feel at ease again and it was a really relaxed, interesting two way conversation about working at Hotjar which I enjoyed. Shortly after this, I had a call with the Lead I interviewed with who gave me some more feedback on how I’d done throughout the process and then I was delighted to receive an offer. The whole process from application to offer took around 8 weeks but was well worth it. By the end of the process, I felt really confident accepting the offer and that I’d enjoy working with Hotjar. Throughout the process communication was excellent and the team always let me know really quickly if I’d made it to the next stage.

4 people found this interview helpful

Hotjar

Application

I interviewed at Hotjar

Interview

although I love the working environment at hotjar and I know it's a great company, the interview process was very unprofessional and Disrespectful after applying for a job at hotjar website I received an email to choose a time to make the first interview, I choose a time and got a confirmation mail, but no one did show up, they rescheduled the interview again and didn't show up again, I rescheduled again and no one did show up for the third time, no one responded to any of my mails for the whole week and I couldn't find any email for the hr or the recruitment team at hotjar to complain after one week of not showing up at any of the events, I've received a rejection mail today which I also replied to and as expected I didn't get an answer

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

An interview process which requires a lot of investment from the candidates but well worth the effort. Very well organised and communication great throughout. 1. Application on website where you answer detailed questions specific to the role you are applying for. 2. Review and if successful record a video answering 5 questions directly related to the role. 3. Call / video interview with panel of 3 on zoom. HR and two people from hiring teams. Asked general questions about work experience and how you might be suitable for the role. Advice here try and give specific examples of work you've done for the role you're applying for. 4. Task - 3 day task which you get two weeks to complete. This requires commitment and a lot of time. Personally with working full time I completed my task evenings a weekends. The team work async brilliantly which allowed me to communicate throughout. Various calls and conversations with the team over the two weeks. Finally when task is completed you need to present your findings to the team. 5. Final stages are a call with a senior executive and then finally the offer is made. Super process... Very detailed and a great way of finding out if the candidate is right for the company. Also great way for the candidate to see and decide if hotjar is the right place for him or her to work.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Hotjar

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotjar

Interview

Bunch of stages outlined on their website. second stage was to answer a couple of questions in videos but I was never contacted after then even though the mail said I would receive feedback within a week. I mailed the recruiter but no response either.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was supposed to be after that stage but nothing was said
1 person found this interview helpful

Hotjar

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Hotjar

Interview

The process was transparent and followed the stages described on the company's website. I've found the task to be taking more than 1-day and took a weekend to do it. The task was interesting and your time coding is well compensated by the Company.

Interview Questions
  • Different questions about DOM, you should be well-versed in modern browser APIs like IntersectionObserver or MutationObserver.

Hotjar

Application

I interviewed at Hotjar

Interview

The interview process was very involved and took quite some time to finish. It was difficult to record videos within the time frame desired also within file size constraints. No follow up information was provided once the interview process was over.

Interview Questions
  • They asked 'Describe a time when you had to give a client bad news'
3 people found this interview helpful