Hotjar Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hotjar Product Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotjar

3.2

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

After filling out a pretty long online form, I was asked to submit a video of myself answering 5 different questions. Then I got to the phone interview. I talked with an HR rep. and the director of design for about an hour. There were several “standard” interview questions and we also talked about my work and how I approached design and bit about my portfolio. Everyone was super friendly and down to earth. A few days after the interview they told me I didn’t make it to the final step of the recruitment process.

Even though I didn’t get the job, the entire process was a fun and it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• About conflict at work.   Answer Question
  • Describe your design process, your way of implementing a feature that’s been discussed in a group.   Answer Question
  • What words would your colleagues use to describe you?   Answer Question

3 Oct 2017 – VP of Operations

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on the process and our team. Very much appreciated! Ken Weary, VP, Operations

Other Interview Reviews for Hotjar

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

After filling out an online form, I was asked to submit a bio video. We then had a phone interview, a 2-3 day test task, and finally a presentation/demo. The whole process is we documented by the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a difficult or challenging situation you've encountered, and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Hotjar recruits product designers through a 5-stage process:
    Application > Video > Call > Task > Offer
    And it was the most respectful recruiting experience I have had since up to date.

Interview Questions

• Give us some examples of workplace distractions and tell us how do you cope with them   Answer Question

6 Jun 2018 – VP of Operations

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. Best of luck in your search.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dingli (Malta)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar (Dingli (Malta)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interviewing process was great. I had a clear indication of the steps that will be taken and where I stand. Steps included 1. Applying online; 2. A video interview; 3. A conference call interview; 4. A multi-day task 5. A conference call to present your task. The only downside is that given the number of steps, the interviewing process was quite long and spanned over about 1.5 months.

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

4 May 2018 – VP of Operations

Thanks for the feedback. Welcome to the team!

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar in February 2018.

Interview

Roughly there is a 4 step interview process. I reached the 3rd stage before being declined. Initially the website application requires you to fill in a lot of questions, secondly you are ask to complete a video of you responding to more questions, in the 3rd stage you actually talk to some people about the role and company. I was declined at this stage, however I believe the final stage is an actual design task which you are compensated for.

You are required to do a lot of work before you even talk to someone at the company. The interview with the Hotjar workers however was fun and worth the effort!

Interview Questions

• Hardest part of working in a team?   1 Answer

6 Mar 2018 – VP of Operations

Glad to hear you enjoyed the process. Thanks so much for the feedback. Good luck with your search!

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hotjar.

Interview

It was quite structured (which I appreciated since it showed a respect for both my time and their employees time). My process consisted of an initial call with another Product Designer and a Product Manager. Then the next round was the design exercise, then the next round was presenting the design exercise to a larger team and receiving feedback on it.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel there were strict questions as much as it was a continuous conversation about design, what my interests within design were, and a bit about working remotely.   Answer Question

20 Sep 2019 – VP of Operations

Thanks for the feedback and welcome aboard!

We instituted an employee referral program a few months ago. It awesome to see it working.

It's great to hear you found the process structured in a... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.