House of Commons Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

House of Commons Interview Questions

Interviews at House of Commons

3.1

Parliamentary Assistant Interview

Interview

Following cv and cover letter, interview with MP and his parliamentary assistant. Was asked a combination of motivation, experience, and situational questions. Had the opportunity to ask any questions too.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience dealing with members of the public, including difficult people?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

CV and application online. One of the worst organisations to apply to, firstly the deadline for this was in May, and they stated clearly that within four weeks we would have an outcome on our application. Fast-forward to now end of July, literally two months later to get an outcome. Their HR team liked to milk the Covid-19 response, but it does not take two months to get through applications if you are realistic, it is just another excuse from a terrible organisation. Especially, since they had no common decency to email applicants regarding an update, I had to email them to understand if the job was still going ahead!

Terrible people hired in the HR department, and an awful reflection of HoC, highly unprofessional.

Communications Insight and Planning Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at House of Commons (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview was broken in to two parts; competency based questions and a short presentation of an assigned task that was emailed to you beforehand. At the end they go over over your CV to see if you're suited for the role.

Parliamentary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at House of Commons (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

A writing assignment and competency-based interview. Writing assignment included an example press release and content for blog/newspaper column. Invited to interview after sending a cover letter and CV. Found out result a week later.

Chef De Partie Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at House of Commons (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

It took about 45 minutes to answer questions ranging from cooking, health and safety some parts of general knowledge. It was a process but i got through it in the end.

Interview Questions

• How would i be able to manage my staff below me   1 Answer

Visitor Engagement Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at House of Commons (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Online application. Then invited to a group interview. There were a large amount of us for the afternoon interview, so we were split into two groups. We would then do group based activities, as well as a script, followed by a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to prepare a short 5 minute script about an area we are passionate about   1 Answer

Business Change Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Commons (London, England).

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview within 2 weeks. The interview panel consisted of 3 people who took turns to ask questions about my experience and background. I did not get the role, but they did provide constructive feedback in areas where they felt more improvement was required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you successfully delivered a project within the required time scale and budget.   Answer Question

Parliamentary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Commons (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call asking why I wanted the job, and then a few days later got invited to an interview. Interviewed by the Caseworker and Parliamentary Assistant, then had to write a piece about an issue MPs have faced or will face in the future (basically to test writing skills, the content didn't matter). Whole interview process was over in 25 minutes.

Parliamentary Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Commons (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Quite informal - cover letter and CV followed by two stages of interviews. This varies a lot across offices. What they're usually trying to suss out is whether you're likely to quit straight away, whether you can write coherently, and whether you've got a genuine interest in understanding how parliament works.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at House of Commons (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Panel type interview, asked me several questions that required a “star” type of answer. This was a points based interview where you are asked several questions and in order to pass the board you require a C Grade or above in each or your answers

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you contributed towards achieving your organisations goals   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.