House of Fraser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

House of Fraser Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2017

2.7

Temp Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeside, Clay, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Lakeside, Clay, FL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

pretty easy, team work where we had a card with a celebrity and an object and make up a story, then we had try and help a customer with something they want to buy then one to one interview

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to reach a target
      a time when you had to compromise   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altrincham, England

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Altrincham, England).

Interview

Warning to anyone applying here do so at your own risk, they wasted 2 weeks overall on having me do a Internet interview, then an assessment centre with very poor questions and tasks to do with the guarantee that a week later they would call with result, a week came and went no call no contact, I contacted both the resourcing team (2 emails no reply and the store where I was fobbed off with some excuse about how I would maybe get a letter, a letter which never came and done excuse that they were very busy with training ) then after a week and a half I finally got a generic email saying I wasn't successful absolutely no feedback. A waste of my time and terrible company with idiots for managers.... Avoid

Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

Was invited to HOF group interview in October 2017, went in sat down around a table with 13 other people. Was given two activities; one was to pick items for a gift with a budget of £190. The other activity you was handed a card with a well know person on it and a random item. You would then have to make up a story about it. E.g. Henry VIII and a remote.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

First there is a group Interview, with group activities, then a 5 minute one to one where 3 questions are asked, it was a very relaxed and comfortable interview where you can ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you ask to a customer who has to buy a gift for someone else?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

i applied online and recieved an email the next day asking to do an online interview, which went well as i got another email the week after asking to come in the following week for a interview instore. i thought the process was quick.

Interview Questions

• how would you work well with everyone in your team   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at House of Fraser in October 2017.

Interview

Okay so I just completed the online video interview and I had seriously researched these questions for days leading up to it but I was NOT prepared for the 10 seconds you get to read the question. For sure I wish I could have re-recorded some of them because I had like a 10 second long silence trying to think of what to say. I am pretty sure I won't make it through to the next round based of those answers.
    Putting no offer because I literally did it ten minutes ago.

Interview Questions

• What does VIP service mean?   1 Answer
    • When have you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What was your previous role?   Answer Question
    • Are you looking for full time or part time work? (i.e the only question they let you re-record?)   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

There were a lot of questions in the initial application about general customer service.

I then got an email to complete a video interview, where you film yourself answering a question. I must stress that YOU SHOULD DO THIS ON YOUR PHONE OR TABLET if you want to re-record any parts.

About a week after I completed that, I had an email come through to tell me that I was successful and that I needed to book an assessment centre. Some of the assessment centre times can be awkward, I think they book them in the time you say that you’re available.

At the assessment centre there were six of us (supposed to be 10, but 4 didn’t show up). We were split into 2 groups of 3 as asked to do specific activities. I think they always do the shopping one, where they give you a list of items and a budget and you have to make an outfit and a present in that budget. We also did “if you were prime-minister for the day, what would you do?” Which is to see how you work within a group.

After the group session is done, they take you to a 1:1 interview, which is pretty laid back, but obviously you still have to put your best foot forward. I’ve listed the questions I received down below.

My assessment centre was on the Monday, and I got a call on the Friday offering me a sat/sun 14 hours job!

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when something didn’t go to plan   1 Answer
    • Give me a time where you had to reach a target   1 Answer
    • Give me a time where you had to compromise   1 Answer

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Birmingham, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Had an online quiz straight away, a few days later I had an online interview where I had 10 seconds to read a question and 90 seconds to record and answer. Then I had to book an assessment centre interview, which involved 2 group tasks and an individual tasks.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Thurrock, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at House of Fraser (West Thurrock, England) in October 2017.

Interview

It was really laid back and calm. I'd say not be nervous cause I found it quite easy, better than all the group interviews I've been to. Had an ice breaker exercise, where we had a card with a celebrity and an object and had to make up a story. Then I had to do a group task where we put ourself in the situation where a customer requires an outfit for herself and her friend who’s having her birthday. Make sure you mention budget and gift cards, they want you to make the customers spend more money. Also give the customer a chance to choose from the choices you made for her, make sure you give her what she asks for . then I had the one on one interview. Got a call back the next day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• when was a situation you had to compromise   1 Answer
    • Discuss a time you had to overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Part - Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Bath, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, set of tests then a video interview if successful you will be invited to attend an interview at the store. Long process and felt awkward doing a video interview. HOF advertised " Part - time various departments various hours" not specific enough! I was offered job which did not fit the hours I could do - it seems there would be no compromise from them but maximum flexibility required of me as I understood hours would not be set from week to week. I also did not get a call back after attending interview by the time they said they would. I had to call them and following day when I then received an offer of employment. Overall disappointing over complicated process.

Interview Questions

• Is there any flexibility around the hours you can work?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.