House of Fraser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

House of Fraser Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jul 2018

2.7

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at House of Fraser (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

very good and simple and greta I enjoyed this a lot I think their a great company tb h thats just my opinion and I got a job so thats good you know yeah its good

Temp Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeside, Clay, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Lakeside, Clay, FL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

pretty easy, team work where we had a card with a celebrity and an object and make up a story, then we had try and help a customer with something they want to buy then one to one interview

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to reach a target
      a time when you had to compromise   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

Was invited to HOF group interview in October 2017, went in sat down around a table with 13 other people. Was given two activities; one was to pick items for a gift with a budget of £190. The other activity you was handed a card with a well know person on it and a random item. You would then have to make up a story about it. E.g. Henry VIII and a remote.

Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very good, conducted by two L&D employees, focusing on knowledge, skill, and expertise. A presentation was expected, and could have been utilised in order to really test skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. I went in for an interview, had to discuss two mood boards I was asked to prepare for the interview, did a small exercise on the shop floor and was asked a number of questions afterwards. The whole process took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about House of Fraser and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Solihull, England) in January 2012.

Interview

one to one interview. Mood boards on trends and age ranges. The interview is similar to other interviews for visual merchandising. Some interviews they will ask you to dress a manna quine to a certain fashion trend or to appeal to a certain age range.

Interview Questions

• Where have you done visual merchandising before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate pay scale.

House of Fraser Response

3 Jun 2016 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review and Welcome to House of Fraser!

The Resourcing Team.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an interview with the Regional visual Merchandiser, discussed some mood boards that I had prepared. She spent half of the interview talking about the current team situation, role ertc. She asked if I had gone on a management course, to which I replied no. She said the way I spoke about commerciality and the business and I was very management minded.

Interview Questions

• How do you work within a team?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at House of Fraser in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job in a different location but they put me forward for this one. I had a brief phone interview asking why I was leaving my current job, and what work I was looking for (full time or part time), she talked me through some of the responsibilities of job job and asked if I was still interested and I said yes, then she offered me an interview.

I was asked to prepare two customer profile mood boards: one for the Fashion Lover and another under Quality Classic. I pretty much had to interpret what they meant by these two themes, which I found was quite challenging!

The interview started with scenario questions then went onto me explaining my boards, lasted about a n hour. I then had 45mins to dress a male and female mannequin, picking either Fashion Lover or Quality Classic. The mannequins had to work together. After explaining my outfit choices, we went back to the office. They asked me about my availability, any holiday, and then I was able to ask questions myself.

Interview Questions

• If you had a deadline to meet but then a Manager gave you another task on the spot, then you were also stopped by Shopfloor staff involving a customer, in which order would you do things?   1 Answer
    • why work for HoF?   Answer Question
    • In a team, what part you do feel you usually take (leader, motivator, follower etc)   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working on your own a lot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week plus. I got interviewed at House of Fraser in May 2017, there send me email to confirm the interview date via their career website (only two separate time slots -each one about under two hours different), onec i selected the date and i get the information of the job roles, task to design two mood board and the interview progress -10 mins for the question and answer and then dress a mannequin images related to the mood board you design (but i did not get this part) then interview end about one hours plus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role online and had an interview over the phone where I was asked questions about myself and would be told I would hear back via email if invited to a face to face interview. I was invited to an interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes and consisted of questions and I was also tasked to develop two customer profile boards of the House of Fraser customer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of where you didn't work well in a team and how did you approach the issue?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.