House of Fraser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

House of Fraser Interview Questions

Updated 15 Feb 2018

2.7

Temp Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeside, Clay, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Lakeside, Clay, FL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

pretty easy, team work where we had a card with a celebrity and an object and make up a story, then we had try and help a customer with something they want to buy then one to one interview

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to reach a target
      a time when you had to compromise   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at House of Fraser (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

very good and simple and greta I enjoyed this a lot I think their a great company tb h thats just my opinion and I got a job so thats good you know yeah its good

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

You have a group exercise where you have to make a story up about a random celebrity and item given to you. Then you have a one on one interview with someone as they ask you standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• In the group interview you had to make a story up about a random celebrity and item which was given to you.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

I previously applied for a permanent weekend job and I that was rejected so I applied again for a Christmas temp job. Did the application and online assessment in October and forgot all about it so was shocked to be invited to an interview in late Nov. They have an online booking system which is good but it was only Mondays that I could book-not great. (I didn’t do a video Interview). Anyway went in and did a quick interview (only 3/11 expected people turned up so we didn’t do a group interview). Interviewer was lovely. Was told I’d find out in a week but I did the interview at 3pm Monday and got a call offering me the job 1pm on Tuesday. Oh and she said there’s 3 questions they always ask in interview. she asked me those 3 questions and then just like 2 other random ones like why I study my subjects and what I wanna do after sixth form

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you’ve had to compromise   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you’ve had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Time you’ve had to improve your performance   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at House of Fraser.

Interview

The interview process is not difficult, but it is unnecessarily lengthy considering the job role.

There was an online application, SJ test, video interview, group interview and final one-on-one interview.

Group interview included ice-breaker activity (telling a story to the group and selection panel based on two randomly allocated cards).

Also a scenario based activity where you are given customer profiles and budget for christmas gift buying. You have to decide as a group which products you would recommend and why.

Interview Questions

• Generic 'tell me about a time you changed your approach to something'   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Group interview
    First do group activity then one to one
    1) when have you had a target
    2) had to influence someone else
    3) experience
    Group task was based on choosing products out of a sheet after talking to a employee in the role of a customer to choose what you would advise them to buy based on info you have gathersd

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and Interviewed in store in Victoria Square Belfast.

I did't have to go through a video interview but got the group assessment centre straight away. I showed up and there was 7 of us. We got brought into a room where we were split into a group of 4 and a group of 3. We sat down and watched a video on house of fraser and then started the ice breaker. The icre breaker consisted of picking a card which had a celebrity name on it and an Item and you had to create a story using them both. For example: Peter Andre and a tooth brush, Kim Kardashian and a red frying pan, Gordon Ramsy and a vaccuum etc.

After the ice breaker, each group was given a scenario and a few sheets with different items and prices, inwhich you hhad to choose what you thought was best for the customer to buy within their limit.

After this process we got called one-by-onne into another room for individual interviews.

Overall I had a positive experience and if I get a chance I would definately Try to apply again!

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to compromise with something?   Answer Question
    • When have you influenced/persuaded someone to agree with your point of view?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at House of Fraser (Wolverhampton, England) in November 2017.

Interview

After the online application and assessment tests, there is a video interview including 5 questions about your previous role, problematic customers and questions about yourself.

After that there is an assessment centre and face-to-face interview in one day. The atmosphere is very friendly, working in a small group everybody has a scenario describing specific customer and their budget and you need to offer him/her products from a range of items illustrated on a piece of paper (including description and price) that will suits their needs. You should justify your decision and write down several questions you would like to ask your client. Then everybody is called in a separate room for the face-to-face interview, but it is more like a chat about yourself, nothing so complicated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you influenced somebody. Tell me about experience in university/work where you had to plan something. Tell me how you see yourself in long-term.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I interviewed at House of Fraser in November 2017.

Interview

Online quiz. Then a group interview with a promotional video, Room 101 icebreaker, and a group exercise where you have to suggest items to buy in a roleplay. The idea is to push the customer to go over budget. After that there is a very short one-on-one interview. Looking for flexibility with hours.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have had to deal with in the workplace?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at House of Fraser (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

it was a challenging expeience which i didnt know if i could do but good. It was the best i have been to so far.it was a challenging expeience which i didnt know if i could do but good. It was the best i have been to so far.it was a challenging expeience which i didnt know if i could do but good. It was the best i have been to so far.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.