Huntsman Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Huntsman Corp Interview Questions

Interviews at Huntsman Corp

2.8

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in June 2014.

Interview

I was firstly interviewed by a staffing agency as this is a contractual position. I got a detailed job description at the career website of the company. The interview schedule was followed well and I was given all the info i required about the company and the profile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was pre defined as it was a temporary position.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. I met with several of their senior attorneys who were all very nice and easy to talk to, including the attorney who would have been my direct report. The one unusual thing was an interview with HR. This isn't typical for attorneys and I hadn't prepared at all for the kinds of questions HR people, as opposed to lawyers or executives, tend to ask.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent conflict you had to overcome in your current position.   1 Answer

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geismar, LA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Geismar, LA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people, very laid back and to the point. They were easy to talk to and answer their questions as they didn't play games as sometimes happens in interviews. A very adult one on one interview with 2 people in separate offices. They were very informative of their expectations and explained the job to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with SAP.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations happened at Turner Industries and it went well.

Performance Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

A large range of questions were asked in a structured way; which appeared to be from the standard questionnaire booklet. HR was present and played a prominent role. Good feedback was given.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The process was simple for me. They needed an intern and I happened to have know someone who knew the man in charge of hiring the interns. My friend put me in touch with the man directly and we spoke on the phone once had a very brief and informal discussion before calling me in to have an interview. After the interview they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very straight forward. There was nothing that came out of left field to surprise you. They asked about my past experiences and went over my qualifications for the position and asked some basic fit questions. For a full-time position I imagine that the interview process would be much more rigorous.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Conroe, TX (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very simple and standard. they are so short staffed that they will hire you if you just go to the interview. i came from Louisiana and i think it was the worst mistake Ive done. they just ask basic HR questions behavior based. they will lie alot to you in the interiew process.

Interview Questions

• have you argued at work and what did you do? stressful time for you to meet a dead line how did you respond?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in November 2013.

Interview

Team of 3 conducted the interview. Asked why they should hire me, if I like hot, confined areas, what I do at my current job..

Interview Questions

• What do you do with your off time at work?   1 Answer

Contracts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)).

Interview

The process took a long time to complete. I was impressed with the hiring manager but not HR in this process. The office and location are exceptionally nice and convenient.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years and 10 years?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. Recieved a call for a onsite interview 4 weeks later, asked to descride how I would handle certain situations pertaining to my job description. I was called back for a 2nd interview the next day, I was given the time to express who i was as an employee. I recived a call with and offer 13 days latter.

Interview Questions

• What's more important finding the problem or finding the solution.   2 Answers

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geismar, LA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Geismar, LA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Lengthy interview with each units Superintendent. Had a one on one interview to begin, and then went through multiple skill tests. I was called back 11 months later for a panel interview