Huntsman Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Huntsman Corp Interview Questions

Interviews at Huntsman Corp

2.8

Reliability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Neches, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Port Neches, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Step 1. Phone interview by a recruiter. It ook about 30 minutes.
    Step 2. Panel interview on-site. Four leadership team members were involved.
    Step 3. Plant tour was not included.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior based questions.
      Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. Recieved a call for a onsite interview 4 weeks later, asked to descride how I would handle certain situations pertaining to my job description. I was called back for a 2nd interview the next day, I was given the time to express who i was as an employee. I recived a call with and offer 13 days latter.

Interview Questions

• What's more important finding the problem or finding the solution.   2 Answers

Senior Chemical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Initially, I interviewed by phone as the site was 350 miles away. I paid for travel to and from the interview. Of course, mine was just a technician position and I am sure that they pay for travel for upper tier positions. I was interviewed by my supervisor, another supervisor and their manager. I had 23 years experience and quite frankly, I believe they had made their decision before I even showed up. The entire process took less than an hour and a half and there was no tour of the facility. I received the offer within a week but it still was 9 weeks before I started because of the background check and physical. Being it was later in the year (December start date) may have had something to do with the delay.

Interview Questions

• Why I left my previous job. Not really difficult for me but they could not understand why I would just give my notice and leave a position I had held for 9 years without a job in hand. FYI, I had topped out and saw that I would advance no higher than where I was in the previous company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on their part. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Sales and Marketing Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call for 1 hour with hiring manager. Then onsite all day interview. Then received word back 2 days later. The phone call normally would have been handled by HR but the hiring managers at this firm location typically want to do the interviewing themselves. In the end they reposted the job immediately after the interview and continued on their way...wish them well. One thing I will say -- I asked questions directly and received back vague answers..."what size projects are you looking to take on..." "we have benchmarks that we used to determine fit." Does it sound to you like they answered the question?

Interview Questions

• Where do you get ideas from online -- what sources do you pull from? Tell me about a time...(many of those types of questions)...when you succeeded on the job....when you failed....when you led people...when you didn't like a boss...and on and on. And they kept filling in sheets/forms. Too formulaic an interview. Do not believe they were serious....but it was all day 6 or 7 people in all to talk to. Ladies, please note, I did not see or talk to any female managers at the facility but am told they are there....for all it's worth. Others on this forum describe a glass ceiling for women...it's a glass floor maybe too.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Specialist Americas Region Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied online, had a phone screen with an HR rep, and then was invited on-site for a one-hour panel style interview. While on-site, I first met with an HR staff member who reviewed their benefits package with me. Then the interview began. While the other panelists seemed friendly and approachable, the actual hiring manager was aloof and reserved. He looked at his watch a lot and seemed disinterested in everything I said. When the hour was up, he had no follow up questions and cut off the interview. I was shocked to learn that there were only a total of 2 employees (one manager and one L&D specialist) in the Learning and Development department expected to provide services for the entire Americas region. In both the phone and panel interview, they asked a lot of specific questions pertaining to my comfort level making coffee, copies, handling logistics, etc. (typical training coordinator duties) because the role was expected to serve this function as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral style questions...Tell us a time when you did xyz...   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, which lasted about an hour, then a few weeks later a site interview and facilities tour. They were very accommodating, but made no promises (I appreciate that.) They asked pointed questions that you could clearly see was well thought out and designed to find the best candidate, and not just go through the motions. They were open and honest

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between commitment & contribution?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up to a point, but to be honest the initial offer was outstanding!

Production Operator Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. One week later was scheduled for interview, on a Wednesday. Sat down with two people. Interview consisted of no behavioral questions at all. All questions were pertaining to the job I was applying for. Got job offer that same Friday.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp.

Interview

I was contacted about setting up the interview which was rescheduled twice on their part . I thought the interview went well. Additionally they said they would be back in touch but no contact occurred. I then noticed the job was reposted.

Pretty unprofessional to not follow up after a face to face interview. I definitely am glad to have not gotten an offer and I would not apply there again.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions related to the role and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

Huntsman Corp Response

28 Dec 2018 – Head of TA-Western Hemisphere

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that you did not receive an update on the outcome of your visit with us. It is the goal of my team to ensure that we... More

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. I met with several of their senior attorneys who were all very nice and easy to talk to, including the attorney who would have been my direct report. The one unusual thing was an interview with HR. This isn't typical for attorneys and I hadn't prepared at all for the kinds of questions HR people, as opposed to lawyers or executives, tend to ask.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent conflict you had to overcome in your current position.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in August through email asking me to answer 7 questions. A month later I was contacted for a "On-Site" interview. I interviewed with a panel of 3 people and only 2 people asked me questions. They asked mostly behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.