Huntsman Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Huntsman Corp Interview Questions

Interviews at Huntsman Corp

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in May 2015.

Interview

I initially applied for the Customer Service Representative for the NAFTA team but I was contacted by a member of HR to ask if I would be interested in the Account Administrator role as they felt my qualifications and experience better suited this role. I was delighted with the offer and completed a brief telephone interview followed by online assessments then a face to face interview. I was very happy with the process overall as I was kept fully informed all the way and felt it was handled effectively and very efficiently.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt need to negotiate as I was very happy with the package offered.

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in February 2015.

Interview

After a phone screen the second interview consisted mainly in a role play customer scenarios and lasted about 15 minutes.
    They also send you a couple of easy written quiz to test your language and customer service skills.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

Need a few rounds of interviews and meet different stakeholders. Need to wait for 2-3 months before you can get the final job offer. First round is HR, followed by line manager, then different stakeholders.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in March 2012.

Interview

Management appeared unable to allot sufficient time and energy for a thorough vetting process for new hires. No background check and no phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to give an unpleasant message to a coworker.   Answer Question

Better pay and benefits elsewhere.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Stockton-on-Tees, England) in May 2014.

Interview

I sent my CV and cover letter via an online Job search site. The following day somebody from the HR team called me and make the typical questions: Why you want to work in here? Would you be able to move to the UK? (at that moment I was not living there); What do you find interesting about the role and the company?

After the call she made arrangements for an external company to assess my level of Italian language. It took a while the company to call me but at the end they send me a brief about how the situation was going to be. An Italian person called me and we made like his delivery was delayed and they were in a rush to receive the goods. At the end I offer a discount so the interviewer was really happy with that.

The following day they offer me a face to face interview in the UK. They send me all the flights and hotel reservations to have an interview as soon as possible. I had one hour interview with the Customer Services Manager and a previous Team Lead. Both of them were really polite with me and made things really conformable. I had to prepare there a role playing with a small situation that they gave me. A person called me and made like he was an angry customer and I offer him a solution for his problem. The person on the phone was quite polite to me so it was not really difficult. After that, competency based questions were made (typical ones, nothing really surprising).

The same day I flew back home and somebody from HR called me offering me the position about 2 days later. After this I had to complete some personality test but not really difficult and the job offer was already made I was required to start in 2 months so all was smooth and fine. I had to attend some medical controls (quite long about 3 hours) before joining the company.

Interview Questions

• - tell me about you
      - tell me about your qualifications
      - why we should hire you?
      - what do you do when you are off?
      - where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      - how do I handle certain situations (like a difficult customer...)
      - tell an example of a good customer service situation
      - what do you expect from your first month in the company?
      - tell me about a time you had to give an unpleasant message to a coworker
      - tell me a time you have to work with difficult people
      - tell me your weakness and strengths
      - how do you think your skills would help to improve this job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp.

Interview

I had an interview tuesday at one and i recieved an email from the HR representative at five past one apologizing and canceling the interview because she had to attend another meeting. In her email she asked if it would be possible for me to do the interview the next day. I answered her email, and never heard back from them. I just can not believe that an international company dies this kind of things.

Process Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in April 2019.

Interview

Very brief phone call with HR and the PD Chemist who I would be reporting to in the job. Few questions by HR asking about my skills and abilities and 2 technical questions by the PD Chemist. Seems like they were only interested in my technical expertise and abilities and didnt really want to get to know me at all.

Product Stewardship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Hamburg (Germany)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was the phone screening interview. I got contact about a week after I applied online. The interview is in English and it takes about 30 mins. The process takes about 1 month to know the result.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for this position?
      Why I quit the previous job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Data Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Stockton-on-Tees, England) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a first screening interview on the phone of about 30 minutes with the Recruiter Officer. The interview was primarily focused on investigating my background and my knowledge of HR processes anda personal data management. Aftewards I received an online SHL questionnaire in order to test my general skills. A week after the first interview I have been invited to the Company headquarter for an interview with the HR Manager and the Recruiter Officer. The interview lasted about one hour and was a 'competency based' interview that showed the importance of best practice assigned by the company to the recruitment process. I have been offered the position only half an hour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you protect employee's sensitive data?   1 Answer

Human Resources Data Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Stockton-on-Tees, England) in March 2015.

Interview

From entering into the building this was a pleasant experience. A friendly reception made me feel at ease and the safety induction was very thorough and informative. The recruiter came to great me and was warm and welcoming. The panel introduced themselves formally and I was informed in detail of the format of the interview, including the types of questions I would be asked and how long this should take.The interview was professional and relaxed, with both the panel members listening to answers and giving time and reassurance when nerves got the better of me.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would need much support with moving to work in a corporate environment from the environment you work in now?   Answer Question