Hymans Robertson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hymans Robertson Interview Questions

Interviews at Hymans Robertson

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hymans Robertson.

Interview

Stage 1: Telephone interview

Stage 2: Selection Day:
    Shortlisted candidates were asked to attend a selection day consisting of face to face interview, arithmetic and written test and group exercise.

Following the selection day, shortlisted candidates are contacted to be informed whether they have been successful or not.

Co-Head of Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hymans Robertson (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2020.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with HR reps was positive and both persons sold the company well. There was then a delay of two to three weeks before contacted for more formal interviews with HR and Technical leads. It was originally scheduled to be 2 x 45 min interviews though the other Co-head was not available and therefore this was a 1 x 90 minute interview. Again the interviewers sold the company well and asked a series of personality and competency based questions. Although all questions were documented both interviewers were natural and "human" in interactions making it feel relaxed and I'm sure useful in getting to understand the candidate and the fit for the role.

The next stage was to be a presentation and the biggest disappointment was the fact there was no feedback despite me emailing a few weeks ago, prior to covid-19 lockdown coming into effect. I think when you have senior positions and the candidates spend time on this the least you would expect is a response and ideally some feedback. That said, I still rate the experience positive as the people involved were very personable and sold the role and company well.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage experts in their field to move to use of standard software and processes?   1 Answer

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Interview

The final interview started off with a strength based interview with two team leader. Then, it proceeds with an analytical test and a written test for about an hour.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hymans Robertson (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

1 hour strengths interview about myself with two actuarial graduates followed by two tests - a written task and then also a numerical/logical exercise which were both quite time pressured and an office tour

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite team you are part of and why   1 Answer

Interview

Online tests folowed by one video interview followed by face to face interview with HR and analyst in Birmingham. Tough interview but well worth the result in the end. Challenging.

Trainee Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hymans Robertson (London, England).

Interview

I would say there are 4 stages in the whole process.

Stage 1: Application Form - Personal details and competency questions

Stage 2: Online Tests - Situational Judgement and Numerical

Stage 3: Telephone Interview

Stage 4: Face-to-face interview with 2 employees, Analytical, and Written Test.

The employees who interviewed me were super friendly and were really engaged with the interview. The Analytical Test was like a timed board game that tests your analytical skills, which I found really fun and interesting! The (Hand) Written Test is also timed, and tests both your analytical and writing skills, so make sure you can write without a computer.

All in all, a very good interview experience for me. My interactions were always positive as everyone was really friendly and helpful. My advice is for you to really research what Hymans Robertson is about and what you may do in the role, so you can understand or ask some good questions. Be honest with your interests and your abilities throughout the application and tests, and if you get to the final stage you can be yourself and perform.

All the best!

Interview Questions

• Strengths-based final interview relating to:

Resilience, self-improvement and job motivation.
      Communication
      Problem solving
      Adaptability & flexibility
      Planning & organising
      Working with others   1 Answer

Trainee Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hymans Robertson (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

Application form, online tests, telephone interview and then final interview day involving strengths-based interview, analytical and written tests, then a conversation with an employee on the graduate scheme (not assessed).

Ghosted Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hymans Robertson in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online in January 2019 and interview nearly 2 months later. Interview very loose. Didn't seem to have much idea what particular specialism they wanted me to work on - very vague. Invited for a 2nd interview c. 2 weeks later. More detailed q's around past experience and motivation but no further forward on what they saw me doing - "might involve this". Told they were interviewing others the following week. Nearly 4 weeks on, I've still heard nothing. Email to HR "coordinator" ignored and application on website still "pending". Ghosted. Time (and money travelling) wasted. Unprofessional. Just communicate. And probably work out what you're recruiting for first. Also 2nd interview should have actually been the 1st one: get all the technical/competence needs out of the way first because you're wasting everyone's time on unnecessary interviews otherwise. I started with a really good impression of this firm, but that's completely gone now. Seem to be a bit consumed by ideas of their own importance.

Interview Questions

Hymans Robertson Response

16 Apr 2019 – Recruitment Manager

I am sorry that you have had a negative experience with our process. As with most firms we occasionally have vacancies that progress more slowly than we would like, for a number of reasons, but we always aim to provide feedback to interviewed candidates so I am surprised and disappointed if this did not happen in your case. If you would like to discuss this directly please do get in touch with the recruitment team on 0141 566 7777.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hymans Robertson (Glasgow, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

I initially applied through the Hymans Robertson website, which mostly involved them ensuring you meet all the required grades, year of study etc. Straight away you are directed to complete two short online tests to check for some basic competencies.
    After a few days I received contact saying I'd been invited to complete a telephone interview. My advice for this would be to make sure you know lots about the firm and the role, as I was asked some detailed questions on these areas, and specifically the work and career path of an actuary.
    Again, a few days later, I was invited to attend a face to face interview. This consisted firstly of sitting down with two team leaders who were both really friendly and welcoming. This was a skills based interview which is harder to prepare for, but ensure you can draw on your past experiences and analyse the things you have done in the past should help. The day also involved a fun exercise with flash cards testing some simple data handling and pattern skills, and also a short written exercise. The day ended with a chat with a recent graduate who was also really friendly and helpful, and full of advice.
    In all the entire process was the most enjoyable application process I've been through, simply due to how friendly everyone I spoke to was and how efficient the hiring team were at processing my application.

Interview Questions

• Face to face interview was strengths based, just research these a little and you should be fine!   1 Answer

Hymans Robertson Response

28 Jan 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are really pleased you had an positive experience during our selection process. Candidate experience is very important to us and we endeavour to be friendly and efficient to everyone. The comments you left are great advice for future candidates! We look forward to having you on board and hope your career with us will be as satisfying.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hymans Robertson.

Interview

Only passed the online tests and will have a telephone interview tomorrow. The numerical test was not too hard. But the SJT was hard for me to sort the answers.

Interview Questions

• The numerical test consisted of 4 graphs with 5 questions each.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.