IBM Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IBM Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Consultant Interview

Interview

This was a 1-day interview where I was I participated in 3 30-minute interviews. There were 2 interviews that were behavioral and 1 case interview. Nothing out of the norm and it was fairly relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First interview was telephonic, more technical around 30 min. After that 1-1 discussion at IBM premises with HR. Released the offer letter.
    It was great experience.
    Most of the the technical questions were around how to configure a particular scenario.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

30 minutes, discussed ambitions and potential fit for the role. Went over resume, interviewed alongside a number of other candidates which could be intimidating. Applied online and was selected to participate in interview, made to second round.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus for the position. The process took one day as I was told I received an offer after 2 on-campus interviews. There was a case interview and behavioral interview

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

In one day, there were three 30 minute interviews back-to-back. One was a case interview, and 2 were behavioral interviews. The behavioral interviews asked normal questions. After, I received my offer ~1 month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why IBM? Why consulting? Tell me a time when you worked on a team.
      For the case, our client is launching a new IT project, we can do option A or B. Option A is cheaper but takes longer (with more details), and option B is more expensive but we can get it done faster. Which Option would you choose? How would you go about implementing this new technology so that people adapt with the change?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Entire process kind of straight forward. First assisment, then video interview, then phone interview.. better in a good place and wear a suit. Video interview will give you 5 questions. Each has 2 mins to think and 3 mins to answer.

Interview Questions

• How technology can help customer?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Fairly straight forward process. I received a couple of phone screenings. Unfortunately the position was closed, so we could not move forward with the hiring process. They do tend to take a while to reply back.

Interview Questions

• Nothing super technical, they just want to know your background and if you'd be a good fit for the role.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a pretty easy process of three 30 min interviews with three different people, one of which was a basic case study. They hired me the next day and emailed me an offer with2 weeks to accept.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral stuff, walk through resume, problem solving situations, leadership style, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

One super day, 3 interviews. Asked about previous experiences and hypothetical situations that may arise in work. Very standard, not technical. Position was for a semi technical role, my personal background was in engineering but no questions were asked testing my technical acumen. Worked here 1 year.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Phone screen then in person with multiple people/panel where case questions were asked. Questions were mainly behavioral in nature and most interviewers lacked full understanding of the technical side of the role they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.