IBM Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IBM Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM in November 2015.

Interview

Excellent process and lines of inquiry on experience and other elements of background, very thorough and focused on the proper skill set and its relevance to their business and segments. Was impressed by preparation and attention to detail.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Manager Interview

Interview

Received offer from the team I interviewed with, but it took five months to get to this point. Over a month for HR to reach out, and originally was suppose to meet with 3 people, ended up meeting with 9 in total. Getting moved on from round to round was very quick, but they just kept adding more people to the interview list which was super annoying and made it feel very disconnected.

It seems as I got closer to the offer more steps just kept getting added in, meeting with the team I wasn't super impressed but I did like the role which is why I stuck it out. The recruiter wasn't great at communicating and I often had to follow-up to get movement which wasn't pleasant. Probably one of the worst experiences I have had when it comes to interviewing

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toro Canyon, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toro Canyon, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Email, phone and in person. The process was standard and easy to follow. Communication was clear and consistent. the person who referred me to the position was correct that it would be a good experience

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January 2017.

Interview

I had a number of telephone discussions with multiple HR personnel throughout the process -- an initial screening and then follow-up discussions as the process progressed. In addition, there were both telephone and in-person interviews with leadership and other people on the team.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a challenging situation or client at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview was conduced utterly unprofessionally, really digging into my past and asking unsuitable and unprofessional questions in my opinion and making sly comments. I felt discriminated against and I feel disappointed that these are unfortunately key decision makers that behave like this in this day and age especially in that function it was most unsuitable. Good luck to them.

Interview Questions

• It appears that you have many ambitions in life - wouldn't this job come in between your plans?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

good and very focus to dig the relevant skill and culture fit. technical focus as well and very detail. Hiring quite smooth as they will get back to you immediately within a week

Interview Questions

• how you work with multiple team with different skillset   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

1 phone interview by recruting agency, followed by two phone interview by Company HR and related department.
    Mainly Q&A related to current job profile and brief on offered work profile.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Interview

they did not have any clue for which my cv was shortlisted :).

Different rooms had different teams sitting and when I told them I m for that, they are ok , let us start from this :)

As above

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview

atmosphere was very businesslike.employees were friendly,courtious and helpfull.great office conditions and on site cafeteria.food price were competive and food was good,interviewer made me relaxed and the there were no trick questions.salary,benefits and careers were explained in depth.relocation package was eplained.maternity leave and leave of absence was presented.it was noted that travel would be involved.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in May 2008.

Interview

I got to the interview process through employee referral. There were three phone interviews and one 1:1 interview. All questions were on management and strategy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Should have.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.