IFDS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IFDS Interview Questions

Interviews at IFDS

2.7

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview was very conversational based. They asked about general questions and there were two branch manager interviewing me at the time. They just want to know if you have the experience or not.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS.

Interview

It was well organized with thought provoking questions. The questions were directly related to the position and were clear at establishing what type of employer they would want. Information was clearly conveyed throughout the interview. They were respectful, before during and after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would approach a product with conflicting needs from two different teams?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IFDS.

Interview

phone call from HR and then an interview.. i had previous experience in a similar role so was pretty comfortable that I was going to get the job and I did

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted by HR after applying for a role at IFDS Toronto. The HR representative said that she would like to schedule me for an onsite technical interview. I explained that I lived far from Toronto and asked if it would be ok to have the interview over the phone. She said coming in person was mandatory so I agreed.

Upon arriving one of the interviews asked about my commute and I told him that I decided to take the train so I wouldn't have to worry about parking after a four hour drive. He was shocked that I had traveled so far and said they could have done the interview over the phone... They clearly didn't even look at my resume before I came in... My address is literally right underneath my name. I'm not sure if I was even being seriously considered.

The other interviewer was worse, surprisingly. He asked if I had written anything in Java. I said I had and started telling him about an android application that I had worked on. I said I used XML and Java in Android Studio to develop it. He heard XML and he told me that I made a "website". I tried to explain to him that if he looked at my Github (which should have been done before the interview, no?) that he could see the Java code that I had written. He outright refused to and told me to write, verbatim, the code I used to contact the database that I was using. Really? I was using Google's Firebase Firestore database which integrates with Andriod Studio... The code to contact the database is specific to Firebase and only requires a reference to the database to perform actions (get, put, etc). I used the Firebase documentation to write those calls and couldn't recall them off the top of my head. Again, I tried to explain this and he just didn't care.

After this, yet another interviewer was called up on the phone who was actually great. He asked me questions about Angular and JavaScript. I didn't know a few of the questions, but he would give me a hint to see if I could answer it. A few of them I was even able to answer with his help. He was the only one of the three that showed me an ounce of respect during this whole ordeal.

It's almost like the technical interviewer on the phone wanted me to succeed, the one in person wanted me to fail and belittle projects that I worked really hard on. This was, by far, the absolute worst interview experience I have ever had. I've interviewed at startups, where the interviewers were literally wearing sweatpants and hoodies, that were far more professional than the suits at IFDS.

Interview Questions

• What is a way to perform authentication in JavaScript?   Answer Question
    • How are Angular applications structured?   Answer Question
    • How would one communicate between components in Angular? What are the different methods?   Answer Question
    • What is a guard and what is it used for?   Answer Question

IAM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IFDS.

Interview

I didn't apply and was offered the job by a external recruiter without a interview. They saw my previous technical experience and hired me no interview this was the same as 5 other people I know who started there

Client Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was called in for 3 rounds. All the interviews were about an hour long, focusing on previous experience in client service and general behavioral questions.

HR is pretty unprofessional. If you engage candidate for a whole month, a professional company would communicate the decision or at least revert to the emails.
    Speaks a lot about the company culture.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Brief intro about the position then ask about understanding about Java, Design Pattern and simple SQL query as well as the details about the personal side project then ask if have any questions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

Amazing. Was told that no matter the outcome, he hoped it was at least a learning experience which made the interview enjoyable. Questions were mostly technical and about software development.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

First phone screening by HR. Then 1:1 face to face technical interview ( 2 rounds)

I have interviewed with IFDS multiple times for different positions.Both times after 3 rounds spanning weeks and very positive feedback, the last minute they have cancelled the position which was a very negative experience for me. Even though the roles were good, I would stay away from them because you can never be sure whether they will actually hire or just say 'management has decided to cancel this position for now due to some internal decisions' at the last minute.

Interview Questions

• Explain your responsibilities in this role. Explain scenarios when you had difference of opinion with a stakeholder and how you handled it. What interests you in our company? Explain your most complex task so far. What are your long term and short term goals?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2018.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. It lasts around 30 to 45 minutes. There are two people present in the room, both are managers with on being senior.

You are asked fairly regular competency based questions that you should answer in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you faced a significant challenge?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.