IG Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 123 of over 123 interviews

Recruiter30%
Recruitment Agency20%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IG (Bangalore) in Sep 2021

Interview

First round was pre-recorded video interview with total of 13 questions in which 1st three questions were behavioural questions and 10 questions were technical based on the job role . 1st 3 behavioural questions were to be answered verbally by recording them in a given time frame of 2-3 mins. And rest 10 technicals questions were to be answered in writing in a time frame of 2-3 mins each question . so total time for 1st round interview was 35-45 mins. As i got thorough my 1st round i was invited for 2nd round in less than a week time . It was managerial round where he asked me about my past experience and work and nothing other than that. It was quite easy but still i didn't receive invite for 3rd round as i was told by manager at end of 2nd round.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioural Questions like: 1. Name a situation where you had faced a difficult situation in a team and how did you manage to overcome? Technical Questions: 1. What is meant by MTF? 2. What is spread and margin? 3. Name 2 products of IG? 4. who are the key participants in security trading business? 5. What are market orders and limit order? 6. What do you understand by term 'market maker, quotes and liquidity ? 7. how different price orders to interact with each other and market maker quotes? 8. What is Securitised derivatives? 9. what is the impact of leverage on pricing of derivatives securities? 10. what are knock out instruments? 11. what do you understand by corporate action in context of financial instruments? how corporate action impacts security derivatives? 12. What is meant by market abuse? Give example.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

IG

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at IG in Sep 2021

Interview

Discussion with technical lead, followed by a take home "project". The project is supposed to take 4 hours (so they say), but expect you to build an app with 2 tabs, and one of the tabs to launch a details screen. Architect your program, create a network client, fetch data, unit test, build UI, build presentation... No designs, just an internal API and a lot of free time to spend. 2 days later they come with some silly generic feedback, nothing to do with the actual project or ways to improve & learn, just their opinion and no facts. Also, they fail to account for the fact you might not be willing to spend your whole weekend for their "4 hour task" and instead you might have a life. Be weary of companies that are emotion driven and not data driven. My cost was 8 hours, but from their response I'd be very weary about their unrealistic expectations in deadlines and lack of experience in understanding life.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about IG

Join the conversation on

Women In Consulting

1y

a

Consultant

Serious thought, NOT trying to start an argument, also NOT trying to be unkind. I have so much sympathy for Chrissy and John. I just don’t understand how/why she’s sharing so much. She posted a series of IG videos when she was bleeding heavily, she tweeted the morning that then were struggling to find the heartbeat, and she posted photos of the actual miscarriage itself. Does anyone else think that’s just overexposure? Isn’t this a little too intimate to document and share? PLS, no attacking.

1,915

146 Comments

Join the conversation on

IG

Application

I interviewed at IG

Interview

had to answer video questions through hire vie video interview, and had to also to a maths test and another game test. maths test was basic maths, games was a fun game.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

IG

Application

I interviewed at IG

Interview

Kicked off with a peer round , followed by head of dept, and finally a 5 person panel - 3 interviews in total , with a group presentation to finish the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

IG

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IG

Interview

There is first an assessment where you have a recorded interview with a game . Then you get shortlisted and are invited for an interview where you get to present on a given topic . Have group exercises too

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

IG

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IG in Jul 2021

Interview

After the registration ,I got mail for the video interview like in this round we have to record the video and they will ask the question on your dashboard.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IG (Johannesburg)

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first was a phone interview view one of the hiring managers. The second was an assessment day at the office and the third and final interview was an interview at the office with senior management.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IG (Johannesburg) in Jun 2021

Interview

Received an email of regret whilst I had an assessment to complete. Completed the first part of the selection and proceeded to part 2 which was then cut short as my application was declined before I could complete the rest of the process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

IG

Application

I interviewed at IG

Interview

In person interview before pandemic, tech exercise before the interview. Very nice people, great office location. So far I have enjoyed the interview a lot. IG is a great place to work if you look for good work and life balance.

Interview Questions
  • Not very specific question to see your general skill level and knowledge related to Swift and iOS development. Be ready to talk about testing, patterns in programming, but also low level stuff like threading issues and how do you solve performance issues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IG (Bangalore) in May 2021

Interview

Applied online for a different role. Company recruiter got in touch for a Managerial role. Went ahead with 1st round. Got shortlisted for 2nd round of panel interview. Was successful and was selected for 3rd and final round. But the 3rd round never got scheduled. its been over 2 weeks. Every time I reach out to HR, I hear "will let you know soon/will give you a call" but till date have not received any formal update. This has been going on for over 2 weeks. Had a great and positive experience talking to the folks during first two rounds of interviews and was very eager and excited to go for the 3rd round. But the entire drill of unprofessionalism and lack of transparency has left me frustrated. How can an organization of IG's repute afford to be so lackadaisical in its way of interview process ? It would have been totally okay to hear back that the position has been closed internally/is on hold...candidates should receive at least some sort of formal update, instead of keeping them hanging in the air...very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
  • Was given assignment for 2nd round which had to presented in front of panel
Viewing 1 - 10 of 123 Interviews