IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IKEA Interview Questions

Updated 15 Feb 2018

2.6

Open Interview

Interview

Completed online application
    Was called in for several interviews
    I was asked several questions regarding my background and experience. I was also asked what positions I would be interested in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ikea
      A time you made a mistake and how you handled it
      Have you had to work with strongly opinionated or difficult customers and co-workers
      How do/did you resolve conflict and disagreements   Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Fairly easy process.. a 2:1 interview with their department mangers and one took notes while the other asked question.. they were very easy going and made the interview FUN.. At the end of it all was told to wait for a phone call in about 2weeks

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter regarding opportunities they had as they were building their Talent Acquisition Team. Initially I was interviewing for a Senior Recruiter position. I had a phone interview with the recruiter followed by an in-person interview with a Recruiting Manager and then the Country Talent Acquisition Manager. During the process my skills and experiences were accurately assessed and it was determined that I was a better fit for a different position. As a result, I had 1 final interview with the U.S. Country HR Manager. After that, I received the call I was hoping for - I got the job! Overall, everyone was very engaging, super informative, and transparent around the work they were doing to build something new.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a strategy/project that you were responsible for delivering on. Were you successful within your given timeline? What did you learn throughout the process? Who did you partner with ? Would you do anything differently now knowing what you know?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online, about 2 weeks later I got an email asking me to have a phone interview with the headquarters that same day. Phone interview went great, was great easy talking to, felt very comfortable. Don't forget to smile and laugh ! She immediately planned me for an interview the following week.

The interview also went very good, very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, basic questions but they make you think. My interviewer was very informative about the company and how it all works, showed me around too. Next day I got a call that I got the job ! I am very pleasantly suprised with how great this company handles everything and how relaxed you feel. Not to mention how amazing the benefits are. I am super excited to start and grow in this company, I start next week !

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield At Whitemarsh, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Southfield At Whitemarsh, MD (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out via email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, the manager reached back out within a few days to set up a an in-person interview at the Share Service Center in Whitemarsh, MD. I was brought into their interview room where two managers asked basic interview questions. Most questions were oriented around team skills and ability to work in face-paced environments. Very laid back and not much grilling.

CO-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (East Palo Alto, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online in advance, then attend Open Hiring event to have the face-to-face interview, the Ikea staffs are friendly, whole interview last around 1.5 hours with 2 interviewers, interviewed in restaurant

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in ikea?
      What are your three strengths?
      How will you do if priority change?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Grand Prairie, TX (US)).

Interview

Big event hiring day. Very organized. Job offer before leaving. I was very impressed with the energy and people skills all those involved showed. They were interviewing hundreds of people for the new store and everything was kept very professional. I am very excited to begin with them soon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Children's Play Area Coworker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was done by the leader of the area I would be working in. They were very polite, professional, and well-spoken. Be prepared to show how you handle a fast-paced environment, work with a team, and how you are with people (customers and coworkers).

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your current employer what your strengths are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your current employer what your weaknesses are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you dealt with confrontation, whether from a client or a coworker, and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for IKEA?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy about working with children?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied months ago on the IKEA website and just completed my first phone screen for hiring. I am still waiting to hear back if I get invited for an interview. Therefore, I cannot say if I've accepted or rejected yet. But I wanted to record all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at a distribution center?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a situation when an employee comes to you and wants to leave based on compensation?   1 Answer
    • What makes you stressed at your current position and how do you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Who was your best manager, why? And what qualities did they have?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths as an HR Generalist?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever handled a termination?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience with a union environment?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work weekends and nights?   Answer Question
    • What does continuous development look like to you?   Answer Question

Logistics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. I attended one of IKEA's national hiring events in Atlanta, Georgia. Certain people were able to have on the spot interviews but due to the number of people, they took my resume and then contacted me a few weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. It was a 1-1 interview and most questions dealt with you as an individual and how you have or would deal with certain situations that may arise.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions on how I would handle certain situations that may arise while working at IKEA.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.