IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IKEA Interview Questions

Updated 7 Dec 2017

2.6

Children's Play Area Coworker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was done by the leader of the area I would be working in. They were very polite, professional, and well-spoken. Be prepared to show how you handle a fast-paced environment, work with a team, and how you are with people (customers and coworkers).

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your current employer what your strengths are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your current employer what your weaknesses are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you dealt with confrontation, whether from a client or a coworker, and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for IKEA?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy about working with children?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Grand Prairie, TX (US)).

Interview

Big event hiring day. Very organized. Job offer before leaving. I was very impressed with the energy and people skills all those involved showed. They were interviewing hundreds of people for the new store and everything was kept very professional. I am very excited to begin with them soon.

Loyalty Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Woodbridge, VA (US)).

Interview

I sent in my application about 4 months ago and finally received a response and they asked for a phone interview which was very easy and pleasant. I had initially applied for the sales and service position but they reviewed my past experience and told me about a new position that dealt with essentially babysitting kids. The interview went smoothly and got asked to go in for a 1 on 1 interview and was then asked a few days later to come back again for a 2nd 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to IKEA/ why are you interested in this position?
      What makes you a good candidate for this position?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Tell me about a time there was an issue that required you to solve.
      Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA in November 2017.

Interview

national hiring day. took awhile to get through everyone. i waited for 3.5 hours, but i know some people waited longer. had you check in and then they would put you in the queue to be called in for an interview. said they’d get back to me within the week.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IKEA (Miami, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to a National Hiring event and it was very casual. Was interviewed in the restaurant of the store. The interviewers were all in uniform. It looked like the interviewers were all senior workers.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I interviewed at IKEA (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

nationwide hiring day. Long three hour wait, but did get a personal interview. I believe the gentleman was quite tired himself and went through the standard questions real quick.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a email for a interview three days later. Unfortunately, it was IKEA National hiring day. There were so many people waiting in line to be interviewed by IKEA Mangers. It was a one on one interview which lasted about ten minutes. The hiring Manger made me feel comfortable and asks a few questions. I wasn't hired on the spot, but she did say I would hear something in a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA?

Are you available on the weekends?

What did you do at your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Active Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very organized and run efficiently with minimum wait times. Text notification as the interview time drew nearer so I was able to explore the store and observe employees.

Interview Questions

• A situation in which a mistake was made and what was done to correct it.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Fairfield, OH (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to national hiring event and completed an application and hours/availability sheet. Had to be waitlisted for the interview due to it being busy, but the wait was short, only 5 minutes or so. Interview went smoothly, he got to know me and what I wanted in a position, then asked basic interview questions but didn’t feel like an interrogation. We discussed salary & benefit/hour levels and I was told the salary I wanted wasn’t going to be a problem with my experience, interview concluded. A week later i got an email requesting me to schedule a time for a phone interview. I scheduled it for the next day, and it was a 10 minute phone call. He basically confirmed my interest in the position, described my position (a mixture of the one i applied for and the one they needed people in the most), and told me about my hours level and benefits eligibility, and then stated my salary, which was WAY lower than what i negotiated in my first interview. He said he’d email my location since he was from corporate in another state & that I’d hear back after the weekend but overall it was a really good experience and regardless of what i make I’m excited to start working there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at IKEA?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you, as a manager, had to do something you didn’t really want to do.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to handle a really negative experience with a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

2-step interview, first with a recruiter and than a follow-up interview with the hiring manager. Some of the same questions were asked between both interviews, so be prepared to adapt with an alternate answer to the same question.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.