IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at IKEA

1,324 Interview Reviews

2.5

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

The pair of managers interviewing were pleasant and friendly, and also fairly intense. They posed a lot of thought-provoking questions and didn't give a lot of feedback on my responses. I had no idea if they liked me or not, until I got a call about two weeks later with an offer to come in for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a newly hired employee who was not fully engaging in their mandatory training program?   6 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in a very efficient and professional manner by the interviewer. The interviewer explained many of the basics of the particular position that was being offered.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to accept the position as seasonal as the interviewer stated there was a hiring freeze implemented 2 days before my interview session.   2 Answers

IKEA Response

8 Jun 2018

Thank you for feedback! I am pleased to know that your interview experience was positive and that it was conducted in an efficient and professional manner.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in March 2019.

Interview

I was scheduled for a brief phone interview a few days after applying on-line. I was offered the position at the end of my phone interview, after going over the benefits and starting pay. My interviewer also reviewed my resume and was able to offer my a slightly higher rate of pay.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled mistakes in the past?
      How have you worked as part of a diverse team?   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview was very informative. She was very specific about the job details and answered all the questions I had about the position. Overall I think the interview went great.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond at a job.   2 Answers

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spanaway, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Spanaway, WA (US)).

Interview

It wS a fun time and I like how I did the chatting with Troy and Team and I love to do the group chatting time and it fun all around and I love it and not laveing it I planning on retiring with them

Interview Questions

• Is was fun and a good interview Troy is a very nice guy to work with I worked with him in the past and it was fun to learn new things and the coworkers are the best to be around and it overall a great place to work   1 Answer

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA (US)).

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and given a description of the multiple jobs for which I had applied and was being considered. I then was invited for an interview Like someone else on Glassdoor said, if you are called for a second interview, it's a very good sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   4 Answers

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (New Haven, CT (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

HR made it easy to feel comfortable and asked questions made sense... and were related to the job at hand. I wold highly recommend going through the process with IKEA

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Ikea   2 Answers

IKEA Response

17 Aug 2018

Feedback is always helpful to us...thank you for taking the time to provide yours! I am pleased to know that it was a positive experience for you.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that is very basic. In person interview next. The process was extremely long and corporate. They really vetted my past employers. The in person interview was pleasant, I did very much like my manager and found her to a wonderful person. I was asked about my past experiences and how I fit in as a person and with my skill set.

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (College Park, MD (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the Visual merchandising manager. Came in for an in-person interview. In the interview I was asked a series of questions about team practices, problem-conflict resolution, and about what skills I have with power tools. Later I was given ample time to design my own retail display as a way of doing a skills test.

The following two weeks, I received an email to come in for another interview to meet with a logistics team member.

Interview Questions

• Say there is a team member who is very committed to their idea for a project, but you don't agree with it and believe another idea would be better. How would you resolve this opportunity?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in June 2010.

Interview

One on one interview followed by interview activity making displays in a private room while timed. If you are unable to answer the questions or comfortably implement the activity; this job is not for you. The whole experience was positive, but challenging. It took two or three weeks before I heard anything and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• What power tools do you use?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.