IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IKEA Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jun 2018

2.5

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

This was one of the worst interviews I've ever attended. I felt like a drill sergeant was grilling me. He was incredibly unwelcoming and even though I was told they would work with my schedule for an interview, they picked opposite times. I will never waste my time for employment for such unprofessionalism.

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Miami, FL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I Applied online, the process took like 2 weeks, then I received an email from a recruiter about set an interview at IKEA. I went there the next day everything was ok, Follow up 2 weeks later with Recruiter no reply back.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Apply Online, Get a confirmation email setting up a phone interview, Have the phone interview, Set up an interview with a manager at IKEA, and then wait for an email stating if you are hired or not.

Bistro Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Sunrise, FL (US)).

Interview

They called at 7pmfor an interview and I had a 2nd interview in perdon with hiring manager. The interview was easy and quick. They will hire anybody bcuz theyre desperate for workers.

Cashier-Customer Service Co-worker (12-20 Hours) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Elk Grove Village, IL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

IKEA does a phone screening interview to see if you're worth getting an in person interview.
    Keep in mind that they will ask what's your availability, though its on your application they will hope you can change it or you won't move on.

Active Seller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Begin with a phone screening before an in-person interview. As far as I see it, there are the first in-person interview and possible a second interview. In my case, I was hired on the spot which was strange when I hear it's a two part process.

Interview Questions

• What are your availability?
      Explain your customer service experiences.   3 Answers

IKEA Response

4 May 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience. Most candidates will go through our standard phone interview step and if moved forward they will have a 2nd interview at an IKEA... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sweetwater, Duval, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Sweetwater, Duval, FL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The Interview asked multiple open probed questions related to customer relations. Interviewer was very friendly and attentive. The interviewer explained the postion very clearly and the expectations of the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had multiple tasks that all needed to be completed within the same timeframe?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview went great they asked me a bunch of stuff about my previous jobs and why would I be a good fit for this job , repeat ask me if I was in a position and I had to finish what I was doing but had to help other people what I be able to do both

Interview Questions

• When was the time that I had to stop what I was doing to help another customer   1 Answer

Restaurant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process did not take more than 5 minutes to begin after the expected time and took less than 5 more to be interviewed personally. Very calm and kind environment.

Interview Questions

• What are your values that may speak to our own?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (New Haven, CT (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and the feedback was received in a timely manner. The staff and interviewer were welcoming and kind and I was interviewed promptly on my arrival. The questions asked covered my past experiences such as, how I handled difficult situations with customers. I was pleased with the interview process as well as my conversation with the hiring manager who was also very kind.

Interview Questions

• How I resolved difficult situations with co-workers/customers at my previous employers.   Answer Question

IKEA Response

8 Jun 2018

Feedback is so valuable so I want to thank you for yours! Most importantly, I’m pleased to know that your interview experience at IKEA New Haven was positive!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.