IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IKEA Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2017

2.6

Market Hall Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Great Interview. Great company. They asked very thoughtful questions and answered my questions completely. Have a favorite ikea product picked out. Talk about how skills apply to job. Do your research about Ikeas values.

Sales & Service Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Tempe, AZ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxing. I was interviewed by two IKEA associates in the management department in one sitting. They wanted to get to know me. It was a very formal interview and did not feel like an interrogation at all. I was offered the job right after the interview.

Active Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with a single interviewer for about an hour. He described the available positions and asked a variety of standard interview questions. Very friendly and down-to-earth, low stress process. Was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a coworker. How was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond to meet a customer's needs.   Answer Question

Active Selling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

Getting past to internet process took the most time... received a phone call from a co-worker and they asked me to go to a open interview... I met A Team Leader and discussed my work history and work ethic came back a week later and met the Manger for Ikea Food Columbus very cut and dry...

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview and then was invited to a hiring event and got hired that day so it was very long and exhausting but worth it. They were organized. I had my first interview which revolved around basic questions, they asked what I wanted to do. The second interview was with my future manager who asked more specific questions based on the job I said I was most interested in. I got hired that day.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was nice. The guy Eric was easy to talk to and very informative. He notified that once we were done to expect an email about my background check and we will continue from there.

Interview Questions

• Why IKEA? describe a time where you had to take lead..   1 Answer

Childcare Interview

Interview

Very hardcore questions but was offered the position on the spot. Started off as a seasonal only to become a full time employee. Had to learn multiple departments because, Summer is the busiest time at IKEA.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with children before? Are you in school for the summer?   Answer Question

Safety and Security Co-worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

2 part interview. First with corporate via phone call and second in face to face. Very laid back interview. Went on a tour of the store while they were going over the job.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (West Covina, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was out of town when they called me about receiving my application and they wanted me to come in the next day for an in person interview, but I wouldn't be back till that week's Sunday. I guess they liked my resume quite enough to decide to give me an on the phone interview the next day (which I absolutely nailed) and I really appreciated that they did that for me. They could of literally just brushed me off because I was away, but they still decided to give me a chance and I'm forever grateful for that. The phone interview was quite lengthy, but I had no problem with that. I was a bit nervous because it was my first time doing a phone interview, but studying my answers helped a lot. One thing though, my questions got a bit personal because I talked about how management at my old job was lacking immensely and they were really curious as to how I handled myself in such a stressful environment, but I answered their questions properly.

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a woman manager for the new Jax store opening in November. She was professional and courteous . We had a little chit chat and then straight down to business. The questions were a little predictable and many situational types asking what would you do if.. I didn't feel like I could relax and be myself. She was also a little guarded .. I felt like I needed to relax her ! In fairness though, she had many people ( 100's) to sift through after me . She was trying to get through interview quickly and proficiently. Not much personality .

Interview Questions

• How did a customer or situation exceed your expectations as a salesperson   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.