IKEA Sales Coworker Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IKEA Sales Coworker Interview Questions

Interviews at IKEA

2.6

Sales Coworker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA in November 2017.

Interview

national hiring day. took awhile to get through everyone. i waited for 3.5 hours, but i know some people waited longer. had you check in and then they would put you in the queue to be called in for an interview. said they’d get back to me within the week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online, and within the day I got a call from the hiring manager. We set up an interview for 2 days later. The interview went well, she said that I would receive an email about completing a background check, and that once that was done, they would schedule a second interview where they would make an offer.

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was broken into 3 parts: Phone Interview, Face-to-Face, then a meeting with HR. Took a while between steps but I don't think that's the standard at all stores. Super easy going process.

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (College Park, MD (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Met with a rep from HR and one from the department that I was interviewing for. It took about thirty minutes. A few questions pertaining my current experience and how it would apply to the job. Gauged my level of interest. I was given situations and asked to respond to gauge if I had the right temperament for dealing with customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was agitated or angry?   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

There first was a 20 minute phone interview. Asked basic questions. Wasnt from the direct store, a third party call center. By the end of the call you'll either receive a in store interview date or a "thanks for appling". After receiving my in store interview date two days later, I had my first interview with the team lead of the department. Followed by the manager of the department.( two interviews in one day) Two days later I came in for a drug test, few days later I received a offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Arrived at the location and instead of a one on one interview like I imagined, it was a job fair with more than 50 people. I filled out an application and then took a seat to wait to be interviewed.

The interview lasted 15 minutes at the most.

Interview Questions

• What was one obstacle in your last job that you overcame? How?   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very fast, it’s different now. It was one on one but after I spoke to one person another person came in to finish chatting with me. After that I got my offer.

Interview Questions

• Very cookie cutter questions, you can tell it’s corporate centric. “Name a time” type stuff.   1 Answer

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Lead by example and keep your answers short and to the point. Listen to the questions asked and be honest. Although some areas lack customer service it is very important to acknowledge the customer, even if you are busy.

Interview Questions

• Famous person dead or alive that you admire   1 Answer

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Orlando, FL (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview for a temp summer position with 7 other people. We were split up into groups of 4 with both a shopkeeper manager and a team lead manager and asked a series of questions. In the end, they decided on only 4 of us to get the position. And after 3 months, I was asked to stay on for a part-time role, and then became a full-time co-worker about a year ago.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick a super power, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Baltimore, MD (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very direct, engaging, and informative. The manager who interviewed me asked me not to be nervous at all and talk like having a normal conversation. It's a really great interview compared to other interviews I had.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.