ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 Mar 2019

3.3

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

Interview

Just asked my background regarding projects in my undergrad. Wanted to know which team I fit the best. And based on that put me in the radar and development team.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (New York, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Great Interview Process and easy to get in,Most of Programming side plus linux was necessary
    I did internship and they converted that thing into fulltime
    I felt its not duable but it is

Interview Questions

• Dont remember right now but its on computer science field   Answer Question

Junior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

Interview

Resume based interview. The interviewer tried to ask questions from the subjects I mentioned as my favorite. I was asked to explain a bit about my projects and questions from related topics were asked. High academic performance was also expected from the candidates.

JRF Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) in November 2012.

Interview

Direct Interview process. Have to be very good with the basics of your core study area. The only thing is you need to have patience to get the call,since they take very long time for the process to complete,like interview date,joining date

Interview Questions

• none, if you are good in your field of expertise,nothing asked is difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

no such phase for the post of JRF

JRF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Bhubaneswar (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

written test followed by interview. The written test exam is based on antenna questions, electromagnetic field theory questions and microwave engineering theories.the questions on antenna is mainly on antenna parameters. the microwave devices are also questioned.They are very much particular to the question. don't answer going beyond area of the asked question. they usually ask to write any equations which are well known , for my case max-wells equations, then grilled in to that like any thing. so be clear what are you answering, because the next question is based on the answer given by you. to some candidates they asked to go to white board and tell about derivation of max wells equations. they usually see the written test answers of you before entering in to the interview. the most of the questions are asked generally initiated from the answering of the written exam questions.

Interview Questions

• what are different types of antenna.
      SAR
      GPR functioning
      antenn aparameters
      maxwel equations   2 Answers

Negotiation

be clear in concepts of electromagnetic filed theory and microwave engineering.

Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

Interview

First round was verification of documentation one by one employee were called and documents were verified also questions were asked than medical examination was done by there doctors
    Than final questions were about the qualification you have

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

Good opportunity to work with ISRO great people. Space research for ISRO done here. I have applied through college. Asked about areas of interest and my past knowledge. If you have some inside it easy to get an internship

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Kolkata (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

The recruitment consist of two steps. First is to qualify the written exam and second step is interview which is purely technical. The written exam is easy and one can clear with thorough practice. one thing which is very important is time management and questions are very lenghty and if you stuck in them then you can waste a lot of time and hence your chances of clearing the written. For interview dont prepare HR questions. Just know about ISRO, their recent achievements and your job profile.

Interview Questions

• First questions is tell me about yourself ?
      Second is about what are your favorite subjects?
      Then all the questions were purely technical depending on the subject you mentioned.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (New Delhi (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Written test : there are total 80 technical question in ISRO's written test for the post of scientist for which you will get 90 minutes. Mostly like questions are from GATE. Written is just for screening.
    Interview : 100% weightage

Interview Questions

• There were two rounds in ISRO.
      1st is written test which is nothing but just for the screening purpose.
      Interview was quite conceptual. The very first difference I'd like to clear about between the private companies and government PSUs interview is that for private your focus should be more on programming and for government your focus should be more on concepts. At a time both are necessary.

My interview duration was approx 55 min. There were 6 Senior Scientists in the interviewee panel. Each one of them was an specialist of a particular subject.
      Firstly, they asked me to introduce myself. As I've done my B.Tech. in CSE in 2011 so it took me bit long time to tell them about what I've done till now. And ultimately that made them curious about my profile as I've done CDAC certification (from gov institute) from BLR. After that I served an IT company (CGI Info Systems) for 2.2 yrs., n Currently I'm pursuing M.Tech. in Computer Science from IIT Patna.

After that they asked me my favorite 4 subjects. So I replied
      OS
      Networking
      Maths
      DS

After that they came to operating system and asked various questions from process and semaphore.
      Difference between process and threads.
      Difference between mutex and semaphore?
      In how many context u can differentiate them?
      For both questions first I explained basic differences then I explained from the perspective of implementation (in both windows and Linux). Then I told them how do they cleaned up in the system and also explained efficiency wise which one is better with their pros and cons.

Networking
      Why TTL is there? What are it's values for different different systems like for windows, Linux, router?
      Working of traceroute command?
      It's answer is quite tricky, u can find on internet.
      How to set up router?
      This was from my previous company experience as I have mentioned networking related work in my last job experience.
      How routing table set up works?

Now they started asking questions from M.Tech. What have you learned in your M.Tech. I told them only those subjects in which I was comfortable. They asked some simple questions from those subjects like what you have learnt in machine learning, where can you apply this and so on.
      My M.tech project was based on Formal Methods (semantic based procedure to find out the query similarity)
      They have done so many cross questions on my approach of finding query similarity. For some I defended very well but for some I couldn't make them more clear.

At last they started asking questions from high school maths. They asked me geometry, this is the only section where I couldn't answer anything.
      Question:
      Draw two circles side by side and then draw tangent touching both the circles making an angle of 90 in between. Now what will be the equation to represent this.

Then I request them to ask me math questions from GATE. Then they asked me linear algebra questions which I could answer after taking some seconds but not immediately.
      So overall experience was good.
      All the very best which you too can make!!   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process began with verification of documents followed by PI directly as no. of students were less. The question asked were about general physics and a good amount of detail was taken about final year project.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join ISRO. A question about basic Spring system and dependency of spring constant on its dimensions. A question about centrifugal force.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.