ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 Nov 2018

3.3

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

Interview

Just asked my background regarding projects in my undergrad. Wanted to know which team I fit the best. And based on that put me in the radar and development team.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (New York, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Great Interview Process and easy to get in,Most of Programming side plus linux was necessary
    I did internship and they converted that thing into fulltime
    I felt its not duable but it is

Interview Questions

• Dont remember right now but its on computer science field   Answer Question

Junior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

Interview

Resume based interview. The interviewer tried to ask questions from the subjects I mentioned as my favorite. I was asked to explain a bit about my projects and questions from related topics were asked. High academic performance was also expected from the candidates.

JRF Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) in November 2012.

Interview

Direct Interview process. Have to be very good with the basics of your core study area. The only thing is you need to have patience to get the call,since they take very long time for the process to complete,like interview date,joining date

Interview Questions

• none, if you are good in your field of expertise,nothing asked is difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

no such phase for the post of JRF

JRF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Bhubaneswar (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

written test followed by interview. The written test exam is based on antenna questions, electromagnetic field theory questions and microwave engineering theories.the questions on antenna is mainly on antenna parameters. the microwave devices are also questioned.They are very much particular to the question. don't answer going beyond area of the asked question. they usually ask to write any equations which are well known , for my case max-wells equations, then grilled in to that like any thing. so be clear what are you answering, because the next question is based on the answer given by you. to some candidates they asked to go to white board and tell about derivation of max wells equations. they usually see the written test answers of you before entering in to the interview. the most of the questions are asked generally initiated from the answering of the written exam questions.

Interview Questions

• what are different types of antenna.
      SAR
      GPR functioning
      antenn aparameters
      maxwel equations   2 Answers

Negotiation

be clear in concepts of electromagnetic filed theory and microwave engineering.

Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

Interview

First round was verification of documentation one by one employee were called and documents were verified also questions were asked than medical examination was done by there doctors
    Than final questions were about the qualification you have

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Candidate has to apply. Online. Shortlisting will happen. Selected ones would be called for viva. Generally 1:10. 30-40 minutes viva. Questions would be on basics. (What is studied in 11th & 12th Std).

Interview Questions

• Why would you expect the crystal growth to be different in Space?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

Starts with self intro. It is mostly based on analog circuits and on subjects on one's own interests. Also on programming related concepts if said as interested when asked. On digital circuits and electro-magnetics.

Interview Questions

• Electric discharge.
      Op amp as an integrator.
      Transistor as a switch.
      Eddy currents.
      Working principle of induction heater.
      Macro/sub routine difference.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (New Delhi (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted for around 20-25 minute. They were happy after the interview. I was able to answer most of the questions. The questions were from SOM, FM, Thermo and material science.

Interview Questions

• The interview was purely technical and they asked quality questions from my favorite subjects.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Kolkata (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

The recruitment consist of two steps. First is to qualify the written exam and second step is interview which is purely technical. The written exam is easy and one can clear with thorough practice. one thing which is very important is time management and questions are very lenghty and if you stuck in them then you can waste a lot of time and hence your chances of clearing the written. For interview dont prepare HR questions. Just know about ISRO, their recent achievements and your job profile.

Interview Questions

• First questions is tell me about yourself ?
      Second is about what are your favorite subjects?
      Then all the questions were purely technical depending on the subject you mentioned.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.