Iceland Foods Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Iceland Foods

2.0

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walthamstow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Walthamstow, England) in December 2017.

Interview

It was fairly quick and easy the actual interview was more a trial day straight away was out with driver in the passenger and then he let me drive the van to make sure I know the area and was comfortable. Was fairly busy as was Xmas period and could tell they was short staffed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Iceland Foods

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

So you want to apply for the delivery driver role for Iceland? Okay let me help you with the process.
    First of all you complete a form online which is simple enough. You put down driving licence details and contacts etc. You need to get a check code from the DVLA which you can do online for free from the gov website.
    If you're successful at this stage then you receive an email inviting you to a telephone interview. You'll get a call at the prescribed time and date.

The phone interview itself only lasts about 5 minutes. It's just for them to make sure you understand what the role is about and mainly so that they can know what hours you can and can't do. Be honest about it. I told them because I was a student and had other commitments I couldn't do more than 12 hours a week and they were fine about it.

After this, if you're successful you'll get a call back from them- may take up to a few days, even a week. They will invite you in for an interview. Be sure to take some ID docs.

The interview itself was really relaxed, partly because the manager herself was very easy-going. We even had a chat and a laugh! I think the key is to be yourself and be confident in your own abilities. Don't be shy to ask questions like coming in before your shift, running late on deliveries, pay etc. I even asked to speak to the driver for a bit which I did. Very nice of them.

If successful at this stage, you are then invited in for a work trial which consists of you simulating 'a day in the life of.. '
    It lasts for about 2 hours and you load the van exactly as you would, boot up the sat nav and deliver shopping to real customers. I had a brilliant driver showing me the ropes and had a lot of fun doing so. Although driving for a living is different from driving for leisure. Be aware that you are in a bigger vehicle, stay calm and try not to kerb the wheel! I think I was the only person not to! About 6-9 deliveries later I returned to base and had time to kill so helped pack out stock on the shop floor.

If you're successful at this stage then you are given an offer of employment and are invited to driver training. This is the stage I'm at now. From what I know it's 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you're running late to a customer's address?
      What if you were meant to take 5 bags of shopping and there's only 4?
      What would make customers want to keep coming back to Iceland stores?
      Tell me about a time you worked under pressure? How did you overcome it?
      Tell me about a time you had to work to targets? How did you reach it?
      What skills will you bring to Iceland?
      What makes good customer service?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.