Interview Question

Sales Associate Interview

-Lincoln, CA

Target

If a product that a customer wanted was no longer available in stock at the store what would you do?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

18 Answers

Anonymous on

Check to see if it is online

Anonymous on

Check if its at another store and ask the custumer if they'd like to go get it.

Anonymous on

If the above options are all negative then ask if they would like to see a product that does the same thing.

Ken Mason on

I tried rooftop slushie mentioned above and it was pretty helpful. I recommend it.

Anonymous on

▲ 51 ▼ Contact a nearby target location to check if the item is available at that location. If it is, ask the customer if they’d like you to call that nearby target location to have that item on hold for the customer.

Ibtissam chakir on

Dj on

A sincere apology is to be made and alternated about another product that based on your own, (the customer agent's) research, a product that has a related features likewise to the product that the customer was asking for. Be knowledgeable about the products or in case you're not sure, it's ok to gently ask the customer for a few seconds then either quickly inform or finds someone who has more ideas about other product that may be comparable to the product asked by the customer. Other than that offer up about other products, explain about their features and benefits and make sure the customer is satisfied enough to be excited to try a new product that was out of their bucket list and they also a lot of eager to purchase.

Try another store

Anonymous on

out of stock..then second i ask she/he if they want me to call antoher branch to assist them for there products..then third i ordered for them in another brqnch then wait for the delivery by their home..then last i will get their contact number to update for another trqnsactions thqnk you and have a nice dqy

i talk first the customer and explain better that the products that she/he wants to purchase is out on

I would see if any nearby stores had it or check to see if it's online.

Anonymous on

We can order that and ship it to you

Anonymous on

If they have the product in their store

Let the customers know that I am glad to see if another store on

That I can call another store to see if they carry the same clothes.,with the same barcode are available Then further assist customer

Kristen Landmark on

Place a call another store who carries the same thing, and the size of the product

Kristen Landmark on

Three options- Contact another store and see if the customer would like to travel to get it. Order it online and have to shipped to the customer. If it’s a customer issue and they are upset offer to have someone hand carry it to the current store with in a day or two for them to pick up from the current location.

Anonymous on

I would say to customers to chek another store

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.