Illumina Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Illumina Associate Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Illumina

2.7

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illumina (Foster City, CA (US)).

Interview

Process took multiple months. 7 rounds to be exact. Interviewers often did not show up and had to be rescheduled last minute. Some showed up late.
Was told that the position was no longer getting filled.
Don’t string someone on for that long if there is no intent to hire.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Associate Director Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

The most backward low rent recruiting team I’ve ever encountered. They are poor at interviews, poor at following up and great at ghosting candidates. If this is how Illumina shows it’s stuff to candidates, then I can’t imagine what kind of horror show is going on inside the company. I won’t be wasting my time ever again with this unprofessional bunch.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Step 1: completed the recorded video interview with the standard 9 questions. Only 15 minutes of answer time, however, the time to practice, get the setting correct and with the prep time for each question, the actual interview time was closer to 45 minutes.
    Step 2: phone interview, set up three weeks out, for 30 minutes, actual was 60 minutes. No followup ever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge with direct reports who do not communicate when they have a problem.   2 Answers

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied, got an email 2 weeks later asking for a type of phone screen interview. I say 'type of' because it wasn't through the phone, but rather you record yourself answering questions that are predetermined. I didn't think it was as accurate a measure of an applicant as you get through a phone interview, because my answers felt rushed and awkward.

It took one month before someone finally emailed me with a rejection letter. It would have been nice if there had been more transparency as to what they were doing all of that time before the rejection. The hiring manager never replied to my communications after that as well. Overall, more communication between HR/hiring manager and the applicant would have been nicer and would have felt more respectful to the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflict in your job and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

A phone screen was arranged the day after I applied. Two onsite interviews scheduled straight away. They were one week apart. An offer was made two days following the last interview.
    The Talent Acquisition team was extremely professional, responsive and accommodating. It was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should we not hire you?   2 Answers
    • What was the last development book you read?   2 Answers
    • Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

Rude and unprofessional interviewers, seemed dismissive and not interested in really getting to know me. It also took nearly 2 months to be reimbursed for expenses. Overall, it left a poor impression of the potential work environment and I would not recommend pursuing a role here.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

Long time until first invitation for a call
    Nobody called at agreed time
    No reply and no explanation or excuse after first interview time which was scheduled but not realised. Very strange

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in heading a time remotely   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.